Update

GotnFX

Reaction score
Thanks for all your help. It has not asked to update :biggrin: I also switched it from global to LTE/CDMA.

No problem Susie2057! What's you battery life like and are you on the maxx or reg RAZR. I always recommend a battery calibration to everyone especially if they update to a new version.

Susie2057

Reaction score
No problem Susie2057! What's you battery life like and are you on the maxx or reg RAZR. I always recommend a battery calibration to everyone especially if they update to a new version.
I have the razr maxx. I haven't noticed any change in my battery life to be honest. What is battery calibration?

GotnFX

Reaction score
I have the razr maxx. I haven't noticed any change in my battery life to be honest. What is battery calibration?

A lot of people have been having battery issues after updates where it doesn't last as long. When I hear this, I usually recommend a battery calibration or recalibration. Use phone down to battery warning..(dont drain battery completely). Power off phone completely and charge will off using original charger that came with the phone..(Best to do this overnight). Use the phone again until low battery warning comes on and again power off phone and charge while off. After that use and charge as normal. No need to shut off. Repeat process once a month or when battery seems to not hold its charge.

Disgusted

Reaction score
I have an original razr maxx running on gingerbread. I had another that I upgraded to ics and had nothing but trouble...... should I just play it safe and stay with gingerbread and keep selecting "install later" every day?

Abso-effin'-lutely.

My wife & I bought 2 identical MAXXs spring 2012. My wife's MAXXs is now a complete POS due to her unwittingly accepting the ICS update. She hates it & based on that experience, she's now fighting off the JB update.

Based on her experience (& after seeing how others had suffered), I fought off ICS starting back in July. I called & emailed Verizon several times. Eventually, I quit receiving upgrade prompts. So, maybe Verizon marked me as 'do not upgrade' ? I haven't had any upgrade prompts since then.

End result is mine is the still the original unmolested GB MAXX & its great.

Mine still has astounding batt life (>3+ days in standby - ~2 days w/with typical personal+business use), WiFi /3G/4G are strong , all of my apps & services work quickly & properly, and most importantly, I know where everything is.
Her's is almost the exact opposite.

Keep in mind these 'updates' are not for your benefit. They only benefit Googorola & your carrier by allowing greater control/restrictions/info gathering/marketing opportunities on their end. Study the Google business model and you'll learn more (Its essentially a version of the old Gillette/HP model - Give away the razor/printer & make $$ on the blades/ink.).

I'd try harassing your carrier until they stop harassing you...Seemed to work for me!

Good luck !

2razrmaxx

Reaction score
She is on 215 which stopped the nagging

I'm on jb and rooted... I never had 3 days of battery... but I'm as good now as before

jaseman

Reaction score
Hey Disgusted, I feel your pain...but it could be that the JB update just might fix all your wife's ICS problems. Just a thought.

Disgusted

Reaction score
Hey Disgusted, I feel your pain...but it could be that the JB update just might fix all your wife's ICS problems. Just a thought.

Ya...I thought of that. But, we're both of the school of "Fool me once,......"

She & I looked thru Android - Android 4.2, Jelly Bean and didn't see anything that offsets the risk/reward toward reward.
It's mostly GUI tricks, more/enhanced Google tracking/personal data acquisition apps, and some of the so-called *new* features are things that even my old GB phone does.... View attachment 61473

Throw in the potential learning curve factor(time = $$) for digging thru all of the inevitable re-arrangements and she'll stick w/ ICS for now...

Thanks, though...