Is it just me?

cesar357

Reaction score
Is it just me or does the battery drains a little faster with this ICS upgrade? When I had the original Gingerbread on my Maxx my battery would last almost 2 days with no charge. I use my phone quite a bit through out the day. By the end of the night I was still at 50%. Now with ICS I have to make sure I charge at night because the phone is at 15%. Is there something different running on the background that I don't know of that is draining the battery?

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I found battery drain substantially worse with the ICS update. But I seemed to have cured it by using Matt's utility to do a clean .211 install. Battery life is closer to what it was on GB. And data reception has seemed to improve as well.

Tap'd from my Maxx

OP
cesar357

cesar357

Reaction score
How do I find that .211 install thing? Is it in the "Market"?

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I have had the opposite effect with the ICS upgrade (it was the best on the unofficial leak .75) but even on .211 and now .215 - my battery life is comparable to what it was with GB if not better.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I have had the opposite effect with the ICS upgrade (it was the best on the unofficial leak .75) but even on .211 and now .215 - my battery life is comparable to what it was with GB if not better.

Agreed. 215 leak with phone set to CDMA only my battery is actually better than it was on GB now that Android OS seems more efficient.

OP
cesar357

cesar357

Reaction score
OH WOW! Is this all with rooting the phone? I really need to read up on that process. I'm not that savvy when it comes to things like that.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
OH WOW! Is this all with rooting the phone? I really need to read up on that process. I'm not that savvy when it comes to things like that.

No you don't have to be rooted to install the leak, just download the zip to your ext-sd card and install it through stock recovery

OP
cesar357

cesar357

Reaction score
Oh I see. So I will need to connect the phone to computer right? Because I can't seem to click on the link that's in that other forum.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
You don't have to root the phone to use Matt's Utility - you just have to get into fastboot mode and let the utility do the work...however, I fully support reading up on it as well so that you feel comfortable with it.

Good luck and we will be here if ya need help :)...

OP
cesar357

cesar357

Reaction score
smalltowngirl13 said:
You don't have to root the phone to use Matt's Utility - you just have to get into fastboot mode and let the utility do the work...however, I fully support reading up on it as well so that you feel comfortable with it.

Good luck and we will be here if ya need help :)...

Thanks. Appreciate the help and support.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Oh I see. So I will need to connect the phone to computer right? Because I can't seem to click on the link that's in that other forum.

Yeah just make sure you put it on the external SD card and not the internal one.

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Sydman said:
No you don't have to be rooted to install the leak, just download the zip to your ext-sd card and install it through stock recovery

The "leak" that caesar was pointed to is matt's utility.
caesar, that gets extracted to your pc desktop....not your phone. Instructions are included in the links.
Sydman thought you were asking about the 215 kernel leak. That one does get installed as he mentioned

OP
cesar357

cesar357

Reaction score
OK I went to the link and it started downloading a file from a "Firecracker" or something like that. I stopped it immediately though because I'm not familiar with this process just yet. Is it basically a download and self install?