Battery Issue

eddie7

Reaction score
So the other night I powered down my OG Maxx with a full battery. I wake up and power up the phone and the battery has drained to 10%. Tried it again the next night after fully charging and it stayed fully charged. Woke up today and powered up device and battery is at 5%. I have never seen this happen to any phone I have owned. Is my battery going bad? The phone was rooted when I bought it but I got tired of the bugs so I accepted the lasted OTA and killed root. Any help or ideas on this? Thx in advance.:icon_eek:

aarong03

Reaction score
So the other night I powered down my OG Maxx with a full battery. I wake up and power up the phone and the battery has drained to 10%. Tried it again the next night after fully charging and it stayed fully charged. Woke up today and powered up device and battery is at 5%. I have never seen this happen to any phone I have owned. Is my battery going bad? The phone was rooted when I bought it but I got tired of the bugs so I accepted the lasted OTA and killed root. Any help or ideas on this? Thx in advance.:icon_eek:

Perform and FDR factory data reset of phone. That should help clear up any issues after the update.

OP
eddie7

eddie7

Reaction score
Did the FDR and charging now. Hopefully this does the trick. Than you for taking time to help.

aarong03

Reaction score
Did the FDR and charging now. Hopefully this does the trick. Than you for taking time to help.

After doing the FDR perform battery training. Which is charging battery with wall charger and phone off. Then use phone till it gets down to 10% and then charge it up again using wall charger and it off. Then use the phone again till it reaches 10% then perform the above steps one more time. This should train the battery meter on the phone. I've done that with my old maxx and I could get up to 53 hrs on a single charge. It was rooted too.