ics downloaded

OP
S

SJsRazr

Reaction score
I have never had this problem with any other phone, I have had many phones in 20+ years. My Razr worked perfectly until the ics update, the 3 replacements all had ics,, all had problems. I am currently using a Razr Maxx running gingerbread and have no problems (I dread the day I accidentally select "install now" instead of "install later" on my daily ics install reminder.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Given that you have had three phones with the same problem, it is most likely due to some other factor besides the phone. The most likely culprit is your Sim card, possibly your SD card. Most everyone's problems with ICS were resolved by doing an fdr. Those that still had problems after an fdr, were due to a defective phone and no longer had problems after receiving a replacement. There are a few whose problems were resolved after replacing with a new Sim card.

Have you tried replacing with a new Sim card? Or a new SD card? You are missing out on many great new features of ICS not being able to fully take advantage of it. It is worth a shot.

OP
S

SJsRazr

Reaction score
Verizon never suggested a Sim card issue. I have nothing against ics....just on the razr/razr maxx. I was hopeful when I received the maxx yesterday (I was told they didn't have problems with the maxx and ics...but it had problems as well, the only difference was the maxx seemed a bit faster when switching screens and scrolling over the 2 razrs. I have given up, they are going to swap it out with an entirely different phone.
I still love my maxx that is running on gingerbread and pray I don't ever hit "install now"

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
It does not surprise me that Verizon did not suggest that it may be a sim card issue. They are not always the most adept at everything with all phones especially when it is not a common problem. It may be worth your while to go to Verizon and get a new sim card. They are free.

The Stig 04

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P (VZ) & S7 Edge (TMO)
What a crazy experience lol 3 different phones same problems. I agree with Tis, gotta be your Sim OR SD card. Or you could be downloading a malicious app? I've never heard of an app that would crash a phone but then again you never know. Now I'm not saying you are, it's just a theory.

With that being said, I understand you are VERY frustrated (I would be to) and want to fix the problem, but please don't come to these guys for help then accuse them of giving you a "hard time." Nobody is accusing you of any wrong doing. They are simply trying to fully understand what is going on by asking questions and giving you their ideas of what might help to fix your problem.

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
SJsRazr said:
I fully charge the phone, insert my Sim card, power it on then follow the set up instructions, nothing abnormal. Once all that is complet I will then eventually try to download apps. The phone I received yesterday - I let it just sit there for a while (didn't have time to deal with it) in that time it rebooted itself 3 times.

I don't see the FDR in the above described steps......

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Miklb58 said:
I don't see the FDR in the above described steps......

Typically, with a new phone or a refurbished replacement, a fdr should not be necessary.

OP
S

SJsRazr

Reaction score
I didn't think of doing a FDR on a new phone.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
SJsRazr said:
I didn't think of doing a FDR on a new phone.

You are correct...you should not have to do an fdr on a new or refurbished phone. I would definitely check into getting a new sim card. It is quite possible that it is the culprit of your problems.