Returning my Maxx.

ekang5005

Reaction score
I think I'm going to return my Maxx before the 14 day return period is up and wait for the Droid Fighter or get the Galaxy Nexus.

The razr maxx is a very good phone, but coming from an iphone and webOS, I need to have ICS.

Hardware wise, I really love the Razr Maxx and I even like the Moto skin too. But I don't think I can live with Gingerbread. The ICS's soft buttons really grew on me too and I kind of want that on my next phone, and if I keep the Maxx, I don't think I can live with the 4 dedicated buttons for the next 2 years.

Sandlotje

Reaction score
Wait, are you saying this is the first Android phone you've ever owned? Also, I thought it was a 30 day return period, no?

weatherlover1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Then get a launcher. I use go launcher you get three rows of buttons on the bottom. Not sure how ICS is going to be that big of a change but I have not seen ICS on a phone yet. Any ways good luck find a phone you like.

No its a 14 day return period.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Imo....I like the menu button being in apps more than the on screen buttons. I know its preference...I just don't see the big deal. Yes I had a g nex for 2 weeks.

And I liked the task switcher.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Imo....I like the menu button being in apps more than the on screen buttons. I know its preference...I just don't see the big deal. Yes I had a g nex for 2 weeks.

And I liked the task switcher.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

I still can't get used to the lack of a menu button on the homescreen for the Gnex...

(and yes I know it's doable with a little root/romming, for those that are about to say that! ;))

Zandar

Reaction score
I'll throw my hat in with those who prefer hardware buttons. I've used both, and I found I don't like the on-screen buttons nearly as much.

However, if you must have the latest OS as soon as possible, you really ought to get a Galaxy Nexus. Nothing else will compare. In my opinion, though, the Maxx is a better device in almost all other respects (radios, battery life, camera, etc.), save the screen which is a wash in actual usage.

LegalAmerican

Reaction score
I don't think ICS is really all that different. I mean sure it has it's perks and it will be awesome to have it. But I just see no point in an ICS phone that has to be plugged in to a wall all day. I would take the Maxx when it gets ICS anyday so that I actually have a MOBILE phone. But again, I understand it's all about preference and you just have to have that connection with whatever device you choose.

adampalooza

Reaction score
I was actually going to get the Gnex myself because of ICS but the maxx tipped the scales mostly with the better radios and the better battery was a plus, too. I think the maxx's design is more sleek.

niteperson

Reaction score
I spent a good hour in the Verizon store going back and forth between the Maxx and the Nexus. My wife was about ready to leave and come back when I made a decision. :blink:

In the end, I felt the terrific battery life outweighed ICS. ICS is nice, but not THAT nice. Plus, I've always had good luck with Moto phones, and couldn't convince myself to jump ship. I have not regretted my decision for one second.

Trash Can

Reaction score
I was actually going to get the Gnex myself because of ICS but the maxx tipped the scales mostly with the better radios and the better battery was a plus, too. I think the maxx's design is more sleek.

Yep, I agree. Software can always be tweaked and updated, but you're stuck with the hardware you got.

cbreze

Reaction score
Yep, I agree. Software can always be tweaked and updated, but you're stuck with the hardware you got.
Yep, and also stuck with the radio that you get and from what I've heard all over numerous forums the Gnex radio is sub-par. My maxx is a phone first and has to be dependable in that regard. the maxx never stops amazing me where it can achieve a good signal. Gives me confidence in a remote boonie location if I need a phone. I don't give a flyin' toot about ICS anyway. Way to over-hyped. Not planning on upgrading. My maxx rocks right now. :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator: