Returning my Maxx.

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR MAXX' started by ekang5005, Mar 26, 2012.

1. ekang5005

ekang5005 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think I'm going to return my Maxx before the 14 day return period is up and wait for the Droid Fighter or get the Galaxy Nexus.

The razr maxx is a very good phone, but coming from an iphone and webOS, I need to have ICS.

Hardware wise, I really love the Razr Maxx and I even like the Moto skin too. But I don't think I can live with Gingerbread. The ICS's soft buttons really grew on me too and I kind of want that on my next phone, and if I keep the Maxx, I don't think I can live with the 4 dedicated buttons for the next 2 years.

2. Sandlotje

Sandlotje Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Wait, are you saying this is the first Android phone you've ever owned? Also, I thought it was a 30 day return period, no?

3. weatherlover1

weatherlover1 Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Then get a launcher. I use go launcher you get three rows of buttons on the bottom. Not sure how ICS is going to be that big of a change but I have not seen ICS on a phone yet. Any ways good luck find a phone you like.

No its a 14 day return period.

4. jroc

jroc Silver Member

Ratings:
    +61
    Imo....I like the menu button being in apps more than the on screen buttons. I know its preference...I just don't see the big deal. Yes I had a g nex for 2 weeks.

And I liked the task switcher.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

5. jntdroid

jntdroid DF Super Moderator Premium Member

Ratings:
    +292
    I still can't get used to the lack of a menu button on the homescreen for the Gnex...

(and yes I know it's doable with a little root/romming, for those that are about to say that! ;))

6. Zandar

Zandar Active Member

Ratings:
    +34
    I'll throw my hat in with those who prefer hardware buttons. I've used both, and I found I don't like the on-screen buttons nearly as much.

However, if you must have the latest OS as soon as possible, you really ought to get a Galaxy Nexus. Nothing else will compare. In my opinion, though, the Maxx is a better device in almost all other respects (radios, battery life, camera, etc.), save the screen which is a wash in actual usage.

7. LegalAmerican

LegalAmerican Member

Ratings:
    +16
    I don't think ICS is really all that different. I mean sure it has it's perks and it will be awesome to have it. But I just see no point in an ICS phone that has to be plugged in to a wall all day. I would take the Maxx when it gets ICS anyday so that I actually have a MOBILE phone. But again, I understand it's all about preference and you just have to have that connection with whatever device you choose.

8. adampalooza

adampalooza New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was actually going to get the Gnex myself because of ICS but the maxx tipped the scales mostly with the better radios and the better battery was a plus, too. I think the maxx's design is more sleek.

9. niteperson

niteperson Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I spent a good hour in the Verizon store going back and forth between the Maxx and the Nexus. My wife was about ready to leave and come back when I made a decision. :blink:

In the end, I felt the terrific battery life outweighed ICS. ICS is nice, but not THAT nice. Plus, I've always had good luck with Moto phones, and couldn't convince myself to jump ship. I have not regretted my decision for one second.

10. Trash Can

Trash Can Active Member

Ratings:
    +25
    Yep, I agree. Software can always be tweaked and updated, but you're stuck with the hardware you got.

11. cbreze

cbreze Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Yep, and also stuck with the radio that you get and from what I've heard all over numerous forums the Gnex radio is sub-par. My maxx is a phone first and has to be dependable in that regard. the maxx never stops amazing me where it can achieve a good signal. Gives me confidence in a remote boonie location if I need a phone. I don't give a flyin' toot about ICS anyway. Way to over-hyped. Not planning on upgrading. My maxx rocks right now. :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2012