back from the dead, need help!

tomthbomb

Reaction score
My RAZR Maxx dropped dead today. I had downloaded ICS on it as it came with GB. When Verizon replaced the dead one with a new RM it came with GB. Was it sitting on the self that long? I don't know.
Anyway I do not remember the procedure for upgrading to ICS. RAZR Gurus please walk me through it.
Thanks in advance. ttb

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Well, there's the Over the Air (OTA) version and there's the leaked versions. OTA is .211, whereas the most recent (and most stable) leak is .215. I would recommend you actually do both, follow the OTA update and then follow MattyP's .215 leak update classroom and get yourself onto the best version so far.

To update to .211 via OTA, tap the Menu button (bottom left), then choose "Settings", and from there choose "About phone", and from there choose "System updates", and it will see if the update is available. If so, it will allow you to do the downloading. Now, MAKE SURE you have AT LEAST 50% battery BEFORE doing this.

Once it's downloaded follow prompts to install.

After completion it will reboot and walk you through setup.

After that, visit http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-support/217843-mattyps-215-leak-classroom.html, read, become familiar and when you're confident you can handle it, post that you're starting and there'll be people to help you through it.