Prevent/disable OTA ICS ??

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can block the download by going into Settings and set social updating on Wifi only.
I don't have GB anymore so I don't know the exact contextual menu.

But updating social on Wifi effective block the update. It also block you social update if not on Wifi.

Reaction score
OK, I'm stuck. I don't see anything named updater.apk in the TB backup list. I see an Updater 2.3.6 (which I froze just because it had 'updater' in the name). I got a reminder last night after doing this, so I guess that's not it. Can you tell me the exact file name I'm looking for to free
ze?

That is the proper thing to freeze. Did the updated file already download to your phone? If so, I'm thinking that since the phone knows it is there now, it will remind you. While leaving that one thing frozen, clear you cache (there's a procedure here someplace). That will force the phone to not know it was downloaded and clear it. Because you have that one item frozen, it will not allow the OTA update to occur, thus your phone doesn't know abou it, thus no reminders. Check the post/thread that I were in (search for my username) and you'll see all the help that others gave to me on this subject. Good luck.