ics downloaded

SJsRazr

Reaction score
I missed the option to hit "later" for the download of ICS on my Razr Maxx this morning. I DO NOT want it (not to mention I think it is completely unfair that I really don't have a choice). Is there a way to delete the download so that it won't install if I happen to miss that?
My Razr Maxx is my main phone work/pleasure, I really don't want it turning into a terrible phone like my Razr did after the upgrade.
I hope someone can help.

I downloaded ICS on my regular Razr and absolutely hate it.
battery life is horrible
phone is super slow
phone gets extremely hot after minimal use
some apps don't work properly (even after reinstalling)
internet pages don't work properly

Squeak87

Reaction score
SJsRazr said:
I missed the option to hit "later" for the download of ICS on my Razr Maxx this morning. I DO NOT want it (not to mention I think it is completely unfair that I really don't have a choice). Is there a way to delete the download so that it won't install if I happen to miss that?
My Razr Maxx is my main phone work/pleasure, I really don't want it turning into a terrible phone like my Razr did after the upgrade.
I hope someone can help.

I downloaded ICS on my regular Razr and absolutely hate it.
battery life is horrible
phone is super slow
phone gets extremely hot after minimal use
some apps don't work properly (even after reinstalling)
internet pages don't work properly

Have you tried doing a FDR after the update? It helps correct some of those issues. There are lots of tips and tricks here in the forums to get the most out of your battery. I have issues with the temperature too but nothing to worry about. Also, have you tried the .215 leak yet? Its better than the .211 OTA update.

<<--{Droid Razr Maxx °Celcius .215}-->>

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
If you boot into recovery and clear your cache the download will be removed from your phone.

Power off the phone, press and hold both the volume up and down and then the power button.

Volume down to go to recovery and volume up to select it, when you see the little Android guy press both volume up and down at the same time.

Then volume down to clear cache and power button to select it, reboot when done.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I remember the days when people were mad because they couldn't get ICS.. lol.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! are we vanquished yet?????:blink:

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I remember the days when people were mad because they couldn't get ICS.. lol.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! are we vanquished yet?????:blink:

Borderline homicidal even!

russel5150

Reaction score
ICS has some bugs, but i still think its a big improvement over gingerbread. my suggestion is do the factory data reset like the above people mentioned, and then find the 215 leak and install that.

i put it on mine and so far my signal is better, battery is still good ( alot of people figured out the the battery issue was temp after the upgrade, and it goes back to normal) and after i took some time to learn the differences on ICS i actually like it better..

hope things work out for ya, but i dont know of a way to go back to gingerbread, and the companies certainly dont want you too, when they move forward they dont want to have to deal with past programs.. even verizon admitted they are trying to get everyone to 4g phones.. to the progress must move forward, its cost effective for them (since they are simply in the money making bussiness) and its eaiser to only have 1 or 2 systems to have to deal with at one time.. with ICS finally getting out, jellybean is over the horizon, so would anyone want to have to keep fix issues for a third removed system?

im not saying you shouldnt have the choice, just saying the powers that be dont want it, so your probably going to have to find someone to build a gingerbread root lol

Russel the cop

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
If that's the experience you've had with ICS on your RAZR, something isn't right. None of those should be happening on a properly functioning device.

That said, if you really don't want the ICS update, you're going to need to root and install Titanium Backup. Use Titanium Backup to freeze the updater.apk app on the phone. You'll then to clear the cache like Sydman said to remove the download. If you don't freeze updater.apk, the phone will just download the update again later.

Personally, I think you should read around the forum and see what people have done to correct the issues you're reporting. Almost all of them who have followed the advice of users around here have been able to correct all of the issues they were having.

OP
S

SJsRazr

Reaction score
My razr is a useless piece of garbage and my maxx will be soon once I miss choosing "install later". I will be stuck with another useless phone. Today my razr rebooted itself over a dozen times for no reason and had been very hot. I haven't used it, it is going crazy on its own.
I tried getting the download off of my maxx but had problems using the above method.
I am so frustrated and will be stuck without a phone until I am due to renew in two years....thanx Verizon/Motorola/ICS.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

Squeak87

Reaction score
SJsRazr said:
My razr is a useless piece of garbage and my maxx will be soon once I miss choosing "install later". I will be stuck with another useless phone. Today my razr rebooted itself over a dozen times for no reason and had been very hot. I haven't used it, it is going crazy on its own.
I tried getting the download off of my maxx but had problems using the above method.
I am so frustrated and will be stuck without a phone until I am due to renew in two years....thanx Verizon/Motorola/ICS.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

Do a factory data reset on your RAZR, it may help fix those issues. If not I would call Motorola or Verizon and get a replacement.

<<--{Droid Razr Maxx °Celcius .215}-->>

OP
S

SJsRazr

Reaction score
It will not factory reset, nothing happens, any suggestions.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
S

SJsRazr

Reaction score
Sorry for multiple entries. I was able to do a factory reset. Phone still doesn't work properly. I can't enter any text in google search/or internet browser addy.
Phone has rebooted itself 3 times since factory reset - twice I wasn't even touching/using it. Is there any difference between the razr and razr max besides the battery? I am totally freaking out that my maxx is going to be a useless phone soon.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
SJsRazr said:
Sorry for multiple entries. I was able to do a factory reset. Phone still doesn't work properly. I can't enter any text in google search/or internet browser addy.
Phone has rebooted itself 3 times since factory reset - twice I wasn't even touching/using it. Is there any difference between the razr and razr max besides the battery? I am totally freaking out that my maxx is going to be a useless phone soon.

No problem on the multiple entries... I would be too if I was going through your frustrations (I think at this point for you, frustration is an understatement).

You should not be having these kinds of problems and definitely should not after a fdr. That usually fixes everything. It is quite possible and very likely that the problem is not ICS but something wrong with the phone. Take it to a verizon store tomorrow. They will do a fdr. If it still is acting psycho after they do an fdr, then they will order you a replacement.

There is a slim possibility it could be something wrong with your sd card. Turn your phone off, remove your sd card and turn it back on. See if there is any difference. It is worth a try.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

nissanskyline

Reaction score
I can't open my gallery it says my gallery unfortunately stopped whenever I hit my library is this happening to anyone else and if so how do I fix it

OP
S

SJsRazr

Reaction score
update

I also noticed something odd. Before doing the factory reset, I removed my sd card. When performing the factory reset I told it to erase everything including internal storage.
When the phone finally was up and running again, my wallpaper was there (a picture I had on my memory card - not a stock one).
I then tried clearing the cache - doing this allowed me to enter text into google search and the web browser which is an improvement.
Downloading an app from the play store takes forever - then it causes the phone to reboot itself. This use to take a second or two with GB.
Phone still gets very hot, still seems extremely slow, still reboots itself (not as often as before the factory reset). Battery life does not seem very good (it is in airplane mode) but I assume it is do to it rebooting itself

OP
S

SJsRazr

Reaction score
fyi - the phone still doesn't work - i basically use it as a paperweight. I turned it back on yesterday, did a factory reset, cleared the cache - I wanted to use it as a remote for my squeezebox and also as an mp3 player - nothing else....it still doesn't work. Very disappointing that I now have a very expensive paperweight.
When I do a FDR - it works briefly - when I go to download the two apps I want to use the phone for (squeezebox remote and MOG) i select download - and it takes forever - seems to lock up. After rebooting the phone - the download and install complete. I had to do this for each app. When I went to type something into the app - I can't - the keyboard appears, it recognizes that I am touching a letter/number but does not appear in the box (I need to enter an email and password for both apps). If I clear the cache - it will then work - but I have to go through this every time I want to use the phone for these two apps (I have these same apps on other phones and have absolutely no problems).
And one other thing - when the phone is powered on - it gets extremely hot - even if the screen is off.
HELP - I would like to at least use it for something other than a paperweight.
(I also wanted to give it to one of my daughters - they have the droid X - but with it not functioning - that is out of the question.