ics downloaded

OP
S

SJsRazr

Reaction score
They said that they never heard of problems with ics upgrade and would not exchange it.

Can I get some help please?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

audinutt

Reaction score
Then call *611 and talk to a supervisor calmly, i would not mention where i got it, they will warranty it, end of story, if not contact motorola.

OP
S

SJsRazr

Reaction score
I purchased it from an authorized Verizon dealer, nothing I have to hide from them. They won't exchange it, I tried everything.
That is why I am here, to try to get it working since Verizon won't/can't help.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Your best option is to try another factory data reset but if the problem is a defect with the phone then it won't work.

You can try calling Verizon. Where a Verizon store may be limited in their experience with ICS problems, Verizon tech is not and are definitely aware of problems with phones after the ICS upgrade and have replaced many. If you find you are still having a problem getting a replacement, ask to speak to a supervisor.

OP
S

SJsRazr

Reaction score
After I installed the .215 I didn't do a FDR, should I? If so, should I so it through the settings menu or by holding down the buttons (if the buttons way- is it the same process as before installing .215?]

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Yes, you can do it either from your settings menu or from recovery (the buttons way is the same). I would definitely do another FDR. And when you restore your apps and your settings, do it one by one... not from a backup. Redo, your app settings manually, not from a backup because the old settings from GB could be conflicting with ICS. To be on the safe side, the only thing to restore from backup should be your call log and text messages.

Don't forget to change your phone from global data to 4g/3g after you do the FDR. Go to settings --->more... (under data usage) ---> mobile networks ---> network mode ---> select LTE/CDMA .

OP
S

SJsRazr

Reaction score
I did the FDR. Phone is still very hot (i am not even using it - it is just sitting on my desk) and has rebooted itself twice so far.

OP
S

SJsRazr

Reaction score
Wednesday I went into the Verizon store, they shipped me out a replacement which I received yesterday. Set it up, guess what, it is worse than the one I am shipping back today. I called the store, they suggested I call Verizon....the person I spoke to is shipping me out a Razr Maxx instead of the Razr...he said they have had a lot of problems with them but only minor complaints with the Maxx. I should get it today...crossing my fingers that it works!
(they obviously do not test phones before sending them out).

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
SJsRazr said:
Wednesday I went into the Verizon store, they shipped me out a replacement which I received yesterday. Set it up, guess what, it is worse than the one I am shipping back today. I called the store, they suggested I call Verizon....the person I spoke to is shipping me out a Razr Maxx instead of the Razr...he said they have had a lot of problems with them but only minor complaints with the Maxx. I should get it today...crossing my fingers that it works!
(they obviously do not test phones before sending them out).

Cool! Hope it works out better

aarong03

Reaction score
Yes, you can do it either from your settings menu or from recovery (the buttons way is the same). I would definitely do another FDR. And when you restore your apps and your settings, do it one by one... not from a backup. Redo, your app settings manually, not from a backup because the old settings from GB could be conflicting with ICS. To be on the safe side, the only thing to restore from backup should be your call log and text messages.

Don't forget to change your phone from global data to 4g/3g after you do the FDR. Go to settings --->more... (under data usage) ---> mobile networks ---> network mode ---> select LTE/CDMA .

Well, on my maxx, the settings under the network mode is unselected. None of the preferred networks are selected. I'm not sure why it is. But tried it selecting the LTE/CDMA at one time and the phone was looking for 4G. 4G is not that great in my area right now. I'm not sure if the reason why nothing is selected, is because of the LTE/OnOff app or not. What do you think?

Casen

Reaction score
It sounds like you did not once do a factory reset.

Your problems sound you just did a hard reboot of the phone evey time.

A full factory reset would bring back the setup pages and stock background each time.

Turn your phone off

Hold the vol up and down buttons then tap the power button

Use Vol down to highlight recovery and Vol up to select it

Once your in factory recovery press the hard buttons to get the menu to pop up.

Use Vol up or down to highlight the wipe data/factory reset and then the power button to select it. let that run. Should take a few minutes

Then select wipe cache using the same buttons.

Now your phone is completely fresh ics with no remnants of the old crap.

If that doesn't work, call Verizon and tell them your power button does not work and get a new phone.

If you still can't do the last option, then i have to congratulate you on being able to troll so many people for so long.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

OP
S

SJsRazr

Reaction score
I did do the FDR, thank you. Verizon replaced the phone, as of today 3 times. They are now going to send me a totally different phone (meaning brand since the 2Razrs and 1Razr Maxx had the same problems as my original phone (overheating, rebooting itself, won't download apps properly...)

PS: thank you for believing me

Casen

Reaction score
Could you explain what you do exactly when you get each new phone... The steps you take?

OP
S

SJsRazr

Reaction score
I fully charge the phone, insert my Sim card, power it on then follow the set up instructions, nothing abnormal. Once all that is complet I will then eventually try to download apps. The phone I received yesterday - I let it just sit there for a while (didn't have time to deal with it) in that time it rebooted itself 3 times.

Casen

Reaction score
....... I wish i could see one of these issues. None of my Verizon phones have ever had any issue like that. My RAZR itself had been perfect....