ICS Gripe

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
If I posted about this before, I do apologize.

I'm REALLY starting to miss Gingerbread. When I first got ICS, I absolutely hated the smaller touch options. For instance, back on GingerBread, if press the button on the left (I think it's known as "Settings"), you would get some options, right? The buttons were big. On ICS, it seems like the option taps are meant for iPhone fingers.

I was using Pandora the other day and I'd noticed an update, and when I pressed the "Settings" button, now it's the same thing, but options are small and my fat fingers keep missing.

Now, I got the MAXX for its superior battery life and also I liked the size of the screen, even though I was hoping the DROID Galaxy Note would be ported over to Verizon, which still hasn't. It wa rumored to be ported under the name DROID Journal.

That said, any MAXX users feel the same way about going from GingerBread to ICS? This is my ONLY complaint about ICS. Is there an ICS compatible theme available that will make me happy that any of you fellow MAXX users are familiar with? Will it have any affect on Pandora and other apps?

hobby31

Reaction score
If i understand you correctly I think a fix for you would be to go to settings-display-font size and change it to large, I think that will fix your problem. It does make the menu items larger. Hope it helps.

OP
J

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
If i understand you correctly I think a fix for you would be to go to settings-display-font size and change it to large, I think that will fix your problem. It does make the menu items larger. Hope it helps.
It's already set to HUGE. I assume that's the largest setting.

Reaction score
If I posted about this before, I do apologize.

I'm REALLY starting to miss Gingerbread. When I first got ICS, I absolutely hated the smaller touch options. For instance, back on GingerBread, if press the button on the left (I think it's known as "Settings"), you would get some options, right? The buttons were big. On ICS, it seems like the option taps are meant for iPhone fingers.

I was using Pandora the other day and I'd noticed an update, and when I pressed the "Settings" button, now it's the same thing, but options are small and my fat fingers keep missing.

Now, I got the MAXX for its superior battery life and also I liked the size of the screen, even though I was hoping the DROID Galaxy Note would be ported over to Verizon, which still hasn't. It wa rumored to be ported under the name DROID Journal.

That said, any MAXX users feel the same way about going from GingerBread to ICS? This is my ONLY complaint about ICS. Is there an ICS compatible theme available that will make me happy that any of you fellow MAXX users are familiar with? Will it have any affect on Pandora and other apps?

I hate to be all nitpicky but...The galaxy note is a Samsung phone. Motorola has exclusively bought the rights to use the Droid name from George Lucus who owns the name. So there will be no Droid note or Droid Journal. I did hear the rumor about them making a LTE version of the galaxy note for Verizon with the possible name galaxy journal. I have yet to see any confirmation it though. So who knows...

As far as ICS goes...at first I felt the same but I made the text bigger and it has been fine. I didn't like ICS at first but it grew on me. Though I have since stopped using Pandora though. They are a total rip off. Even with paying for the Pandora One or whatever it is called they still limit the number of songs you can skip. Total BS. They used to be good about giving you artist that were similar to the artist channel you made. Now they just dump a bunch of music on you and make you clean it up. They disguise it as you choosing the music you want but it isn't. Since when is Al Green anything like Third Eye Blind? I found a lot of people that I didn't know I liked before they changed. Which is a shame cuz I liked discovering the new non mainstream stuff I found. Ok...Ok...I will stop ranting. Sorry.

OP
J

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
I hate to be all nitpicky but...The galaxy note is a Samsung phone. Motorola has exclusively bought the rights to use the Droid name from George Lucus who owns the name. So there will be no Droid note or Droid Journal. I did hear the rumor about them making a LTE version of the galaxy note for Verizon with the possible name galaxy journal. I have yet to see any confirmation it though. So who knows...
At first I didn't understand the significance of your reply based on my original question, but I get it. But, you know what I'm trying to say, that I'd like to see the (apparently it's actually called) "Samsung Galaxy Note LTE" ported to Verizon.

That said, everything with the word DROID in it is made by Motorola, correct? If so, thanks for clarifying that.

Now back to my original question (having a theme with large square buttons for settings to tap like Gingerbread affecting all apps), if anyone can help me out, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Reaction score
Yes all phones with the Droid name will be Motorola phones.

Ok just to clarify...Are you looking for a setting button for the phone or for each individual app?

OP
J

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
Ok just to clarify...Are you looking for a setting button for the phone or for each individual app?
Tap the left button, which I think is called settings. On Gingerbread, the options that were brought up were square and taller, more box-like. On ICS, the options links are basically the height of the font and are wide. That said, it's harder for me to press the correct option. I noticed that Pandora recently updated to this same sort of style and I hate it. I have set my display text to HUGE, which probably helped a very little bit. It's still an inconvenience. I basically want bigger options, across the board (to affect all apps, not just the operating system), if possible.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Yes all phones with the Droid name will be Motorola phones.

What about the Droid Incredible 1, 2, 4G, which are HTC phones.

And the Droid Charge a Samsung phone?

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Can we get back on topic, please?

Two posts addressing an inaccurate statement doesn't constitute getting far off topic. Don't worry, all is well. :)

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
bsweetness said:
Two posts addressing an inaccurate statement doesn't constitute getting far off topic. Don't worry, all is well. :)

Yeah the only reason I pointed it out was because that person was so adamant about correcting you and it was inaccurate.

Not trying to derail the thread at all, my apologies.

Bilgediver

Reaction score
Actually to clarify, Verizon licensed the use of Droids, not Motorola.
However, i personally like the ics we have. Its so lightly skinned its like its stock ics, hardly a blur to be found. I also can assay that because I'm still using adw ex as my launcher, although the text in the add widget setting being blanked out is getting annoying.
Sent from My Droid RAZR MAXX with Tapatalk.

Reaction score
Yep...I was mistaken. I read back when the OG Droid came out that Motorola had got it from Lucus which was wrong. Now you all leave me alone so I can eat my crow in peace. lol

To the OP...I am not sure if it will do what you are looking for but I would suggest trying some of the different launchers. They really have tons of options and customizations.