Where is the recent apps button on ICS

gsnidow

Reaction score
Greetings all. I just got ICS on RAZR MAXX, and now I am thinking maybe I should go back to 2.3.4. My home key(the one built into the phone) no longer seems to work. With gingerbread, I was able to tap the home key no matter where I was to get back to my home screen. Then, I could long press it to bring my recent apps. With ICS, the only way I can find to get back to the home screen is to continuously tap the back arrow. And, long pressing the home key does nothing now. I have seen some discussions about a recent apps button, but I can't seem to find it. Am I missing something, or is my phone maybe having issues? Thank you.

Greg

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Long pressing your home key should bring you a scrolling list of your recent apps. It looks very different than just seeing the icons that were in gb. The ICS recent apps list will have the name of the app and to the right a thumbnail pic of the app screen. If you are not getting that when you long press your home key then an fdr will probably solve all ICS problems.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

OP
G

gsnidow

Reaction score
Ok, i wiped cache and data, then re-installed and all seems to be working this time.