[ROM] [SELFKANG ICS AOSP ROM] CM9/ICS for Droid 4 -- [BETA 03/05/2012]

supershot666

Reaction score
OK I've downloaded this but for some reason I'm not seeing it on either storage device when I go looking for it can you help me out plz

Sent from my DROID4

I just Flashed this last night. If I remember correctly I couldn't find the rom .zip when I put it on my external SD. Try putting a new folder on your internal SD named "rom" or "flashing" (doesn't really matter as long as you remember the name.) Then look for it in safe strap. If you still cant find it let me know and I will look further into it.

The bugs i have seen so far are limited. I have run into the data issue. I found that when first installed "Data Roaming" and "National Data Roaming" were NOT turned on. So if you are data issues check those. Also after a handy call to *228 (Had to use actual key board to press 2 as touch keypad was not an option) my data was no longer really an issue.

As previously mentioned the front camera does not work. Also i was using a flashlight app and the flashlight would turn on randomly (not sure if this is the CM9, the app, or a combination but it was a bug.) and not turn off when I clicked off. I will update this if I come across more bugs.

Last edited:

dhaynes

Reaction score
Well here's the other problem the only way I know how to even get to it is in the download area after i download it so idk how to move it, make a new folder for it, or anything I guess I'm just missing something I know all the steps to flash the phone but can figure out what seems should be simple lol

Sent from my DROID4

blaggah

Reaction score
Maybe I'm the only one, but I don't see a way to input a "~" when the keyboard is slid out. There is no ~ listed when I hit the SYM key.

dhaynes

Reaction score
What is the drilled file name once you get it downloaded cause I can not find it any advice on how to find it

Sent from my DROID4

B-Unit

Reaction score
If you downloaded on your phone, it will be on your Internal storage under downloads (unless you use a third-party browser, then it will be wherever that defaults to.)

death06969

Reaction score
flash it last night and it is sick thanks

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

moccor

Reaction score
How do I go about rooting my Droid 4? I know there's a guide that says how to do it, but it also says something about not installing safestrap >_>? I'm confused and could only find that single guide. I don't trust YouTube either for it's guides.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

RideZeLitenin

Reaction score
For whatever reason, the first time I slid out the keyboard after flashing this rom, it lit up and everything seemed swell. I haven't got it to light up ever since...

Last edited:

dhaynes

Reaction score
OK so once I get to the point of installing the rom from sd I can't find it in the safestrap idk what I'm doing wrong

Sent from my DROID4

dhaynes

Reaction score
Ok figured it all out and changed back to original blur I was not impressed at all it's very simplified in a bad way and my back light on my keyboard was gone lost a lot of stuff I used it's not for me I'll wait for actual ics

Sent from my DROID4

Sparkimus

Reaction score
Flashed the 3/7 build yesterday and I'm loving it. So smooth and so far everything I need (except webtop) is working.

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk

Gangrif

Reaction score
Ok figured it all out and changed back to original blur I was not impressed at all it's very simplified in a bad way and my back light on my keyboard was gone lost a lot of stuff I used it's not for me I'll wait for actual ics

Sent from my DROID4

This is "actual" ICS...
When i say Actual, i mean that this is the base Android source, built for the Droid 4, without Motorola's monkeys getting into it and adding in their layer.

The things you lost could have been apps you had installed? If so, install Titanium backup in your stock Moto rom. Then back up all of the apps youre depending on.

Then after switching to safe, and flashing CM9, get the core phone setup, install Titanium from the market, and then use it to restore all of the apps you depend on.

If its MotoBlur you depend on, sorry, you'll have to stick with Motorola roms. I doubt the proprietary motocrap will be ported to Cyanogen. On the bright side, i've found that most of the functionality of any manufacturer's interface can be replaced with either stock android functionality, or 3rd party apps. I was an HTC sense fan, and found that most of what I wanted out of sense was easy to get back via a few 3rd party apps.

dhaynes

Reaction score
I mean no disrespect the person that worked on this I'm sure work hard on it and that's great that he makes it free for people but it's just not for me I guess I mean it even had my keyboard backlight off the back light for my soft buttons were off idk I just work my butt off to figure it out for my phone and then wasn't what I was expecting

Sent from my DROID4