[SELFKANG ICS AOSP ROM] CM9/ICS for Droid 3 -- [NIGHTLIES]

Hashcode

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.hash-of-codes.blogspot.com
DEVELOPMENT CHANGELOG HERE -- DECIDE IF YOU WANT TO UPDATE TO A NIGHTLY HERE

GET GAPPS HERE (Choose "CyanogenMod 9.0.x" Link)

DON'T LET GOOGLE RESTORE YOUR SETTINGS WHEN INSTALLING THIS ROM COMING FROM GINGERBREAD

Feel free to check out my blog for more information:
http://hash-of-codes.blogspot.com
Or follow me on Twitter:
Hashcode (@Hashcode0f) on Twitter

GITHUB sources are now here:
https://github.com/organizations/STS-Dev-Team

What is NOT working in this build:

Need Better Camera: FFC, ICS features
No Camera Video
HW Video Codecs (in progress)
Bluetooth on but not connected = loss of all audio (in progress)

Screenshots:

droid3-ics-home_480.png
droid3-ics-settings-phone_480.png
droid3-ics-netstats_480.png

OP
Hashcode

Hashcode

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.hash-of-codes.blogspot.com
In an effort to spend less time uploading and administrating change logs, etc.. we've established nightlies for CM9!

Included in the nightlies is a change log for deciding if it's the right time to update your build.

Of course with any major updates, I'll try and hit the forums and post it.

So check out the OP with the new information.

Fr33dom

Reaction score
Love the concept but the execution is left wanting. Identifying when there is a nightly is not as easy as it should be, the changelog is finally working but the multiple links that say changelog is just plain confusing. and finally, but more frustratingly, downloading a nightly is impossible as of this date, and it looks like it will be confusing when it does work.

shane1

Reaction score
Love the concept but the execution is left wanting. Identifying when there is a nightly is not as easy as it should be, the changelog is finally working but the multiple links that say changelog is just plain confusing. and finally, but more frustratingly, downloading a nightly is impossible as of this date, and it looks like it will be confusing when it does work.
.love the nightlies not confusing imo great work hash:hail:

Fr33dom

Reaction score
.love the nightlies not confusing imo great work hash:hail:

Well then let me describe the problem in more detail. If like me you want to look at the changelog first, and you scroll down a bit you see text that says These are nightlies so the link will take you to the download folder and the changelog link is listed. Down a bit further you see a link that says Changelog Here just below the warning about letting google restore your settings. That link points back to the changelog at Hash's blog site which is not up-to-date with the nightlies.

Scroll down toward the bottom of the page (just before the comments and you'll see two other links. The one that says Full Changelog Here is likely the second link you'd click on to see the changelog, but instead you get this odd popout dialog that I'm not sure what to make of. Finally, the link just above it, the one thats stuck oddly out toward the center of the page and says http://rombot.droidh...ngeLog-CM9.html is the actual changelog, though you'd have to look at the link carefully to devine that.

Then if you decide to download one of the nightlies and like me you've ignored and forgotten about the big bright blue download button near the top of the page, your likely to go to the list of previous versions to get the one you want. Its a bit of mystery meat navigation, but if you hover over the individual entries a download link will appear. Clicking on it gives you a page with three blue buttons that each only say Download (no indication of what or where) and the size of the download is listed as 0 bytes.

Now the big blue button at the top of the page is considerably better when it comes to the text on the download buttons, but it doesn't list which nightly, only (presumably) lets you grab only the most recent nightly, and it lists the sizes as 0 bytes. The statement below the big blue button and title says "[...] the link will take you to the download folder and the changelog link is listed" but none of the download links list the changelog.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

When I click on the link provided I get a list of files with dates of when the "nightly" was built.

The change log listed is also by date.

I'm not quite sure where you are seeing the big blue button and all.

Sent from my XT862 + ICS

Fr33dom

Reaction score
When I click on the link provided I get a list of files with dates of when the "nightly" was built.

The change log listed is also by date.

I'm not quite sure where you are seeing the big blue button and all.

Sent from my XT862 + ICS

Not sure what "the link provided" is referring to since there are several links on the page. The big blue button is the only big blue button near the top of the page:

View attachment 48146

Guess I failed to make it clear I was talking about this page: http://www.droidhive.com/forums/ind...lfkang-droid3-ics-403-r1-cm-solana-nightlies/.

Nobody's invented mind reading yet? Whats up with that?

I must have been focused on the wrong thing since it appears Hash didn't even mention the hive. Still, its a work in progress, perhaps my comments will help.

Last edited:

Fr33dom

Reaction score
ht3.jpg
jh.jpg
bh.jpg

I've hopelessly confused everything. This thread is great, I had my brain in backwards the other day when I started pointing out problems with the hive site.

So, unless you are responsible for the hive site, ignore my comments above. Otherwise use this thread to access this wonderful ROM.

rindrew

Reaction score
Flashed 9.0.0-RC0-Droid3-KANG build date Thu Mar 8, ICS_Beta MR1. Bluetooth is working backlit keyboard not working. Keyboard light working after initial boot then stopped. Am I missing a setting?

This ROM is great. Thanks for all the hard work.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've hopelessly confused everything. This thread is great, I had my brain in backwards the other day when I started pointing out problems with the hive site.

So, unless you are responsible for the hive site, ignore my comments above. Otherwise use this thread to access this wonderful ROM.

Ok I was wondering how you got to the hive, since the link in this thread goes to the nightly download server lol.

Glad you got it straightened out!

Sent from my XT862 + ICS

Adhd

Reaction score
Just wanted to say this rom is amazing. I use it as a daily driver. Everything works fine for me. Even my bluetooth headset connects fine, and I get music AND my calls.I can even change the songs and such from my headset.

Thank you again

Sent from my XT862 using DroidForums

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Has anyone tried getting wired tether to work on cm9?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

cloudstrife05

Reaction score
Wanted to try this out again. Has the gapps patch changed? I have one from like 3weeks ago. Or do I use the link in the OP. Thx

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
No patch.

Just the ROM and gapps.

Sent from my XT862 + ICS

jgwarrick

Reaction score
I am about to flash this on my wife's phone..it looks very very sweet and I can't wait for her to get a taste of ICS..however on the droidhive.com download page for this I noticed in RED that GAPPS are not included..and then later on down in the whats working section..it shows that GAPPS are embedded (for now)..so my question is..will i still have to flash GAPPS right after I flash this nightly or not? ..or will it even matter? ..can I flash the updated GAPPS from the GAPPS download area anyway?