[ROM] [SELFKANG ICS AOSP ROM] CM9/ICS for Droid 4 -- [BETA 03/05/2012]

Garlick

Reaction score
Ok, I was able to get google music, and maps from the market. I just expected that they would be included in the gapps package. Meh

So far so good, just that annoying cell data loss issue. It doesn't happen every time, but it seems to happen when I get or place a call. My non wifi data doesn't pick back up like it should.

Sent from my XT894 using DroidForums

They left Gmaps & Music out of the Gapps zip.

This was done on purpose, as both those are considered optional at this point, and more people wanted the flexibility to use other programs. I'm using VLC beta, and loving it, though I might switch to Music once Google gets their cloud offerings up and running. Right now drop box works for me, although I would have loved to see how Moto cast would have done with streaming. I never got it to work on my computer for whatever reason.

Oh well, on to bigger and better things.

Gangrif

Reaction score
They left Gmaps & Music out of the Gapps zip.

This was done on purpose, as both those are considered optional at this point, and more people wanted the flexibility to use other programs. I'm using VLC beta, and loving it, though I might switch to Music once Google gets their cloud offerings up and running. Right now drop box works for me, although I would have loved to see how Moto cast would have done with streaming. I never got it to work on my computer for whatever reason.

Oh well, on to bigger and better things.

Yea, i need outright google music so that it interacts with the google music service. Or, google play now, apparently.. they've renamed it.

All is well though, got it on the market.

I can definitely see why these are considered optional. No reason to force them on anyone.

93fuelslut

Reaction score
i know this is kinda off topic, but can someone please unzip the root md5 file and post it here? im on my roomates laptop and i done tried to unzip it but i dont wanna mess up his laptop. thanks

OP
Hashcode

Hashcode

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.hash-of-codes.blogspot.com
Love the ROM so far! ICS is a dream...however, I'm running into so major issues with signal coverage that are going to keep me from using it full time. Every time I reboot the phone, it has trouble locking on to a cell signal. Watching the meter, it keeps bouncing around saying I have no coverage to full coverage to even saying that I'm roaming. After searching for 5-10 minutes, it finally connects and gives me 4G.

I tried the mentioned workaround of toggling between GSM and CDMA/LTE. Oftentimes when I try that, it keeps kicking back to GSM when I selected CDMA/LTE.

Another issue I noticed is that when dialing *228, there's no way to press 1 or 2 to select the activation or update your roaming preferences. There's no soft # pad, and if you try and use the keyboard to press 1 or 2, it doesn't do anything.

FYI, the issues with LTE / 3G are being looked at pretty hard, as they're show stoppers atm for the ROM. It does work fairly good if you're in a strong 4G area, but not so well (you noticed the bouncing) if your coverage is soso.

Cegal

Reaction score
I had a complete drop of 4g. I tried to clear my cache and dalvik, and it came back, back to full bars. Switching to gsm and back wasn't working.

Gangrif

Reaction score
In response to my own SIP/Internet Calling issues from earlier.

I was able to resolve my issue by tweaking my config. Seems to be working just fine.

moccor

Reaction score
It does work without an SD card, but that's pretty dangerous. The reason being, is you have a much higher chance of wiping your files on your internal SD card, than on your external SD card.

There's only 1 way to wipe the external SD card, and that's to select "wipe SD card".

Your internal memory, if you wipe your /system or your /emmc or any other file system, you could end up corrupting your internal card, and causing issues later on.

To be honest, I haven't seen full confirmation that this will work without the ext-SD file system, but Hash stated that theoretically it should still work. I just wouldn't trust not having a back up on the ext-SD file system.

Yeah, kinda sucks they didn't throw a 2Gb in when the Driod X came with a 16Gb lol. Maybe I'll just take that SD for use in my Droid 4. I assume when ICS does come out, we would have to wipe CM9 and flash our GB backup to accept the update?

moccor

Reaction score
I'd say yes, but.... Why would you want to?

Because stock de-bloated has the best battery life. Or at least for the Droid X. The speed of the Droid 4 compared to the Droid X is amazing considering how much useless bloat (well useless to me and most of us) is in it. I have about 400MB RAM free constantly and everything is faster then my overclocked MIUI Droid X. Only downside is battery life and I'm sure this ROM and stock ICS/a update will fix that.

Gangrif

Reaction score
Well, I had to revert back to stock. I didn't want to, but the 3g data bug was more frequent, and rebooting was no longer resolving it. I just went to safeboot and disabled safe and got my old system restored, brilliant system btw, I've never worked with safeboot before. Could you essentially dual boot this way? If I turn safe back on, do I get my cm9 install back?

Anyway, eagerly looking forward to the next release of cm9 beta, if the 3g issues are sorted, ill happily go back to cm9, seemed like an excellent system other than the known bugs.

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

RideZeLitenin

Reaction score
Man I wanna flash this so bad, but I'm waiting for a camera fix mainly (use my cam a lot) and waiting till these data connectivity problems get ironed out. Until then... shucks.

Cegal

Reaction score
Man I wanna flash this so bad, but I'm waiting for a camera fix mainly (use my cam a lot) and waiting till these data connectivity problems get ironed out. Until then... shucks.

The regular camera works fine, just no landscape, video or the front camera. From what I've noticed, if you are in a decent signal area for the 4g then it should pick back up with no issues.

Kack

Reaction score

My camera works except the ffc. i have had no issues with data or signal but i do have strong signal. all in all everything works and i can wait for the little things get ironed out while i enjoy the taste of ICS.

dhaynes

Reaction score
OK I've downloaded this but for some reason I'm not seeing it on either storage device when I go looking for it can you help me out plz

Sent from my DROID4