[ROM] [NIGHTLY] UNOFFICIAL CM9/ICS For Droid 4 For MotoICS Leak

Munst3rr

Reaction score
ntengineer said:
So I took my phone off the charger about 6 hours ago. It was at 100%. Its now down to 47%. When I look at the battery usage, "Android OS" has used 50% of the battery drain. It has a wake of about 10 minutes, and a CPU usage of about 30 minutes. I don't know why it would be doing this.

I've looked at BetterBatteryStats and looked at all the stats I could, but I can't figure out what is doing it.

Any tips?

Anybody else with the same problem?

Does anyone have a mirror for this rom ? Thnx

the1calledbubba

Reaction score
Battery Stuff:
Look at the follow post (page 25). This saved my battery a LOT

Settings -> Display -> Automatic Backlight -> Use Custom (check this box). then go to "Edit other Levels" and tweak it out. Turn off keyboard except in low light, etc.
Have fun!

These are the settings I'm currently using:

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/487189_10151052714433324_292989964_n.jpg

The only time the keyboard light and the touch screen buttons are lit up are when it's VERY dark. Even then, it bothers me that the keyboard light won't shut off when I close it.

25000+ is like direct sunlight. 15000-24999 is daylight, but not directly under the sun. Play around with the settings to adjust them for yourself. You can see what the current setting is by reading the filtered/raw reading at the top.

If you notice that your D4 is using most of its battery life on "Display", this will likely help you immensely. Also, a keyboard setting of "1" is plenty enough to see the keys in the dark. The buttons on the front are either on or off, so 0 or 255.

Last edited:

the1calledbubba

Reaction score
Oh, I also use an app called Setcpu ($.99) and setup a profile to clock back the cpu to a range of 300-800mhz when the screen is off. Doesn't always deactivate when I turn the screen back on, but works most of the time and helps save some battery too. :)
Hope this helps!
- JM

kenji91

Reaction score
Battery Stuff:
Look at the follow post (page 25). This saved my battery a LOT

Settings -> Display -> Automatic Backlight -> Use Custom (check this box). then go to "Edit other Levels" and tweak it out. Turn off keyboard except in low light, etc.
Have fun!

I actually have my buttons all set to 0 now. I know where the four buttons are in the dark. :)

The keyboard is also set to 0 on all settings, but once in a while I'll turn it back on if I really need it. The problem with the keyboard light being on at all is that it doesn't turn off when you slid it back in (unless, of course, the screen turns off too).

Meaning... say you're in "2" darkness (the sensor reads 2)... and you have it set so that 0-9, the keyboard is on (even at the lowest setting of 1). Now, since you're in that range, the phone sees that the keyboard needs to be on - even if it's not out. It's a known bug. It does turn off with the screen, though.

kenji91

Reaction score
Oh, I also use an app called Setcpu ($.99) and setup a profile to clock back the cpu to a range of 300-800mhz when the screen is off. Doesn't always deactivate when I turn the screen back on, but works most of the time and helps save some battery too. :)
Hope this helps!
- JM

I used to use SetCPU, but CM9 gives you that option as well under System Settings > Performance > Processor > Maximum CPU frequency.

MadDogFooker

Reaction score
Has this rom been abandoned? I know Hashcode is flying solo on this project but I havent seen much development on this rom in a while. Hashcode, Please dont give up on us.

ws6formula350

Reaction score
Has this rom been abandoned? I know Hashcode is flying solo on this project but I havent seen much development on this rom in a while. Hashcode, Please dont give up on us.

They are working on a cross device kernel sideloaded with kexec for the D3/D4/Bionic/RAZR that will support the CM9 builds. And possibly Jellybean, if i read his Twitter feed right, lol.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Augie ‏@augie757 @Hashcode0f where can I get my hands on the kexec for razr

4 Aug Hashcode ‏@Hashcode0f
@augie757 give me another day or 2 to get the hd codecs up, and I'll do an alpha for #RAZR, #Bionic and #Droid4.

for his cm9 and aokp dev
http://rombot.droidhive.com/ROMs/maserati/

MadDogFooker

Reaction score
Thank you for the update. I have been so busy with life that I havent been able to do any research and stay current with things. I have just checked back every now and then and havent seen much action. So this new kernel, Are we going to have to flash the base ICS kernel to this new one to be able to install the latest CM9? If so will we ever be able to get back to original? Not that it matters as I have only been using cm9 and never turn safestrap off. Just personal curiosity. I like to understand what I am doing to my devices before I mod them.