[ROM] [SELFKANG ICS AOSP ROM] CM9/ICS for Droid 4 -- [BETA 03/05/2012]

Gangrif

Reaction score
Keyboard light worked from me right away. No problem there.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using DroidForums

stkma70

Reaction score
Does the keyboard light work for any of you with this ROM? Any trick to get it working?

Set auto backlight on. Then go to backlight tweaks or somethin and manually set your own values. I have mine all set to 255 hit save and apply and viola kb lights working

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk

93fuelslut

Reaction score
Before u install a rom u have to wipe everything. Which means factory reset.so after u install the rom and reboot theres nothing..what do u do to recover everything? Do u go into cwm and go to back up and restore and then restore and then nonsafe recover and then reboot?

mystik1

Reaction score
Set auto backlight on. Then go to backlight tweaks or somethin and manually set your own values. I have mine all set to 255 hit save and apply and viola kb lights working

Thanks! I had it set in one spot, but missed the first setting initially. Got it now. All set. :)

Last edited:

RideZeLitenin

Reaction score
Before u install a rom u have to wipe everything. Which means factory reset.so after u install the rom and reboot theres nothing..what do u do to recover everything? Do u go into cwm and go to back up and restore and then restore and then nonsafe recover and then reboot?

Actually, if you did a backup of everything before wiping and flashing the rom, all you gotta do is disable safe boot and everything will be recovered. I literally just did this seconds ago XD. Got the ol' stock rom back, gonna wait till the data bugs are ironed out.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

93fuelslut

Reaction score
Actually, if you did a backup of everything before wiping and flashing the rom, all you gotta do is disable safe boot and everything will be recovered. I literally just did this seconds ago XD. Got the ol' stock rom back, gonna wait till the data bugs are ironed out.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk
Yeah thats to go back stock...im talking abt if u install a rom and then hit reboot, once rebooted u have nothing because u wiped everything..so how do u restore everything back like apps and stuff?

stkma70

Reaction score
Yeah thats to go back stock...im talking abt if u install a rom and then hit reboot, once rebooted u have nothing because u wiped everything..so how do u restore everything back like apps and stuff?

I personally use titanium backup. Others use rom toolbox or my appbackup or other similar apps. If you restore data from a GB backup I think you'll run into problems

Sent Via My ICS Flavored DROID4

Gangrif

Reaction score
I personally use titanium backup. Others use rom toolbox or my appbackup or other similar apps. If you restore data from a GB backup I think you'll run into problems

I've been restoring my important apps from titanium backups after the cm9 install. Seems to be working well.

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

Gangrif

Reaction score
Btw, here we go again.... anyone tried 3/11?

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
From reading the posts it seems like its getting better; back light working, data working, flash, and Bluetooth. Now for that finicky camera...

Gangrif

Reaction score
Hmm. Which build are you using?

Its worked on every build I've tried, at least as far as I can remember. Might not have worked on 3/5, but its worked on 3/7, 8, 10, and now 11.

Sent from my XT894 using DroidForums

Gangrif

Reaction score
Flashed 11 this morning. Seems good so far. I've toggled wifi on and off a number of times, and 3g has picked right up every time. Camera bug I ran into with 3/10 doesn't seem to be there either. But that could have been a one time thing to start with.

Sent from my XT894 using DroidForums

93fuelslut

Reaction score

Yea thats where i went wrong. If u cant restore a backup while running a rom then whats the point of making a backup right before u install a rom?