[ROM] [SELFKANG ICS AOSP ROM] CM9/ICS for Droid 4 -- [BETA 03/05/2012]

Giroux28

Reaction score
Flashed 11 this morning. Seems good so far. I've toggled wifi on and off a number of times, and 3g has picked right up every time. Camera bug I ran into with 3/10 doesn't seem to be there either. But that could have been a one time thing to start with.

Sent from my XT894 using DroidForums

when you guys are flashing the daily upates are you clearing cache only or are you wiping and starting fresh each time? Think itll work updating every day and only clearing cahe and dalvik? thanks....
Also, do we need to reflash Gapps every time too? Amazing work on this rom dude, this is by far the best phone/system ive ever had and even my batt life is amazing with ics compatible juice defender, lasting like 36 hours at least on ics is the best thing ever :) thanks so much for all the hard work

Last edited:

JKingDev

Reaction score
From reading the posts it seems like its getting better; back light working, data working, flash, and Bluetooth. Now for that finicky camera...
Bluetooth works now? Nice! How about chrome? My D4 should get here any day now :D.

Gangrif

Reaction score
when you guys are flashing the daily upates are you clearing cache only or are you wiping and starting fresh each time? Think itll work updating every day and only clearing cahe and dalvik? thanks....
Also, do we need to reflash Gapps every time too? Amazing work on this rom dude, this is by far the best phone/system ive ever had and even my batt life is amazing with ics compatible juice defender, lasting like 36 hours at least on ics is the best thing ever :) thanks so much for all the hard work

I've been flashing the rom, gapps, and then wiping cache. When I went from 3/8 to 3/10 I had to full wipe.

This procedure seems to be working, but I do wonder if its proper.

Giroux28

Reaction score
I've been flashing the rom, gapps, and then wiping cache. When I went from 3/8 to 3/10 I had to full wipe.

This procedure seems to be working, but I do wonder if its proper.

so if im still on the very first one, i shouldnt go to the newest with only wiping cache? i really dont have any issues, 4gs been great, even working with juice defender turning off and on with my screen... i kinda dont wanna fix whats not broke but on the other hand i want the new **** ya know haha... duno what to do!

Montecarlo97z

Reaction score
guess im kinda new to this still, but if i install this rom in safe mode then if i have problems i can restart the phone and boot back into the stock rom just like that?

Giroux28

Reaction score
guess im kinda new to this still, but if i install this rom in safe mode then if i have problems i can restart the phone and boot back into the stock rom just like that?

Kind of... just reboot and press menu to go into safestrap and then disable safe system, it will backup ur custom rom and then reload ur stock back up, simply reboot after its done and you'll be right back where ya wanna be.

Gangrif

Reaction score
so if im still on the very first one, i shouldnt go to the newest with only wiping cache? i really dont have any issues, 4gs been great, even working with juice defender turning off and on with my screen... i kinda dont wanna fix whats not broke but on the other hand i want the new **** ya know haha... duno what to do!

I really don't know for certain, I had to wipe, not sure about others.

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

Gangrif

Reaction score
So, I had a complete loss of 3g this afternoon. Ended up falling back to stock 3/11 nightly.

stkma70

Reaction score
I really don't know for certain, I had to wipe, not sure about others.

Yes you can go from 305 to 310 directly. Just wipe cache and your good to go

mystik1

Reaction score
It seemed to be working nicely yesterday when the ROM was installed (except that Google Chrome did not work). Then I went out, and I couldn't even make a call or browse sites. So, I reverted to stock for now. I will check it again after some updates. :)

shoeski

Reaction score
Im not sure if many have tried it but i think the AOKP rom is kinda neat. would use it if everything worked properly :p

Kack

Reaction score
So i went camping fri-sun.. i had decent 4g for a while friday. then i had none so i figured i would go back to my stock backup. well that didnt work and i had just a black screen and it stayed that way until it finally died 20 hours later. then i charged it and booted into safestrap and restored my 3/5/12 cm9 backup. still had no service and finally got home today and flashed the 3/11/12 nightly and finally have service and so far everything works ffc and kb backlight. dancedroid