[ROM] [SELFKANG ICS AOSP ROM] CM9/ICS for Droid 4 -- [BETA 03/05/2012]

Gangrif

Reaction score
I obviously made a backup before flashing and I am already restored back to where I was :p

I want to be updated though and I am very frustrated to say the least :mad:
You're better off than Me. I cant even run the damn thing. I'd love to be running CM9, but the data issues you saw with 3/12 have plagued me on every build thus far. I cant run it if i want dependable 3g data.

Not sure if thats related to the fact that CDMA/3G is all thats available to me? Maybe there's a problem with the cdma system vs the LTE system that most people are able to use. I cant figure out why a dozen people running the exact same hardware (the droid4) and the same software (various builds of this rom) are having such different results...

93fuelslut

Reaction score
How do u switch from the artic rom to this rom safely?
Do i go into my files and delete the artic rom zip?
But then again my safe mode nandroid backup was for the artic

Gangrif

Reaction score
How do u switch from the artic rom to this rom safely?
Do i go into my files and delete the artic rom zip?
But then again my safe mode nandroid backup was for the artic

If you installed Arctic in safe, all you should have to do is:

Note: This assumes that you already have safe enabled, and non-safe is where your stock rom remains safely hidden away. If this goes horribly wrong, theres a good chance I cant help you.

Reboot to CWM.
Keep safe enabled
run a backup
do a full wipe
install this rom
install gapps
reboot

93fuelslut

Reaction score
Thank u sir......how do i erase my nandroid backup of the artic? Its not listed in the rom manager app

Gangrif

Reaction score
Thank u sir......how do i erase my nandroid backup of the artic? Its not listed in the rom manager app
You dont necessarily need to delete the old backup. You can hang on to it and restore it if CM9 doesnt work out.

If you want to delete it...
It sould live in /mnt/sdcard-ext/safestrap/backup/
You'll see one directory per backup. If you have any backups of your stock NON SAFE install, it'll be called nonsafe-<date and time stamp>.
For instance, my stock rom backup is: /mnt/sdcard-ext/safestrap/backup/nonsafe-2012-03-06.02.19.49
Safe backups will be in the same place, but called "safe-<date and time stamp>" instead.

DONT DELETE THE NONSAFE BACKUP UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING. That's currently your last safety net to get your phone back to stock if reverting to non-safe fails.

The safe- backups should be ok to delete, as long as you know what you're deleting. These are backups you made of roms you've flashed in safe.

Personally, unless im running out of space, i never delete backups. You can copy them off of your phone to a PC to retain them if you'd like. Just copy the directories off, and then you'll be able to copy them back on if needed.

Anyway, you can delete them using a file manager on your phone, or you can mount the phone in mass storage mode on your pc, and then delete.

93fuelslut

Reaction score
I went to hash of codes.com to get the latest build (3/12) and that website doesnt have it to my understanding.am i wrong?
I went to downloads and then d4...

Gangrif

Reaction score
I went to hash of codes.com to get the latest build (3/12) and that website doesnt have it to my understanding.am i wrong?
I went to downloads and then d4...
In the first post on this thread, there's a link for downloading the rom.
Hit that, and in there you'll find a list of all of the builds from 3/05 to present.

Garlick

Reaction score
I obviously made a backup before flashing and I am already restored back to where I was :p

I want to be updated though and I am very frustrated to say the least :mad:

On 3/12, I didn't have the issue on boot, but I did have the issue when going from 3G to 4G. I had to play with it a bit more than just going to GSM and back, it took 6 or 7 times of switching, and it finally caught.

Now that it caught, it's actually very stable, and I can switch back and forth without issue at all, and the connection is solid.

You need to have a bit of patience on this one, but once you do, it's perfectly fine.

I actually haven't gotten an install yet that has no data issues.

This one has a few less FC's on a couple of apps that I have, so I can say it's better than 3/8 & 3/10 and definitely much better than 3/5.

Just don't give up so quickly on things. Beta's are not fully stable, so you will always have little things that will be irritating, but if you stick with it, it's worth it.

Gangrif

Reaction score
On 3/12, I didn't have the issue on boot, but I did have the issue when going from 3G to 4G. I had to play with it a bit more than just going to GSM and back, it took 6 or 7 times of switching, and it finally caught.

Now that it caught, it's actually very stable, and I can switch back and forth without issue at all, and the connection is solid.

You need to have a bit of patience on this one, but once you do, it's perfectly fine.

I actually haven't gotten an install yet that has no data issues.

This one has a few less FC's on a couple of apps that I have, so I can say it's better than 3/8 & 3/10 and definitely much better than 3/5.

Just don't give up so quickly on things. Beta's are not fully stable, so you will always have little things that will be irritating, but if you stick with it, it's worth it.

Flashed 3/12 today. I actually wasnt able to make a phone call afterward. Thats the first time i've run into that one. Im going to full wipe and reflash later, see if that helps.

Atreux

Reaction score
Yooo I got 2 questions. Hashcode, how did you get the 1% battery next to your graphical battery icon like in your screenshots in the OP, and if I were to v6 supercharge this instead of using the ramscript mods built into ICS should I use the ICS version of zepplinrox's stuff, should I use the REGULAR one because, since this isn't actual ICS it's incompatible, or can I not use it at all? Minfree value tweaking doesn't seem to do too much as this phone doesn't have too much problems multitasking, but you can never have too much memory.

Garlick

Reaction score
Yooo I got 2 questions. Hashcode, how did you get the 1% battery next to your graphical battery icon like in your screenshots in the OP

Go to Menu, System, Status Bar, Battery Status Style.

There you can switch it to percentage.

Garlick

Reaction score
Flashed 3/12 today. I actually wasnt able to make a phone call afterward. Thats the first time i've run into that one. Im going to full wipe and reflash later, see if that helps.

That's interesting, I didn't have that issue at all. When I booted up, the data was on, and I have been making phone calls all day.

The only issue was toggling the first time from CDMA back to LTE/CDMA, and then I had an issue, and it took longer and more toggling than normal to get it to catch. That was it.