[ROM] [NIGHTLY] UNOFFICIAL CM9/ICS For Droid 4 For MotoICS Leak

Hashcode

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.hash-of-codes.blogspot.com
FLASHING ROMS WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY AND COULD POTENTIALLY DAMAGE YOUR PHONE -- WHILE I MAKE EVERY ATTEMPT NOT TO LET THIS HAPPEN, IT'S STILL A RISK THAT YOU'RE TAKING. IF SOMETHING BAD SHOULD HAPPEN TO YOUR PHONE, PLEASE DON'T BLAME ME -- HENCE THIS WARNING.

This isn't so much a ROM announcement as it is a direction to find the unofficial nightly builds of CM9 for the Droid 4 (based on Motorola ICS leaks)

Download Here from ROMbot

Download GApps Here (04/29 Goo-Inside GApps Link).
FLASH THE GAPPS.ZIP FILE AFTER YOU FLASH THE ICS.ZIP

WHAT do I need to run this ROM?
- Rooted
- Running a Motorola ICS leak (.206, .208, .211, etc)
- I recommend that you run Safestrap v2.00 to install this. Here's how to use Safestrap
And you can download Safestrap for the Droid 4 (v2.x for ICS-leak users) here:
Safestrap « Hash-of-Codes

WHAT can I expect to work right now?
- 4G and basic phone function
- All sensors
- Camera, Panorama and Face-unlock
- Video Recording
- HD YouTube
- Netflix

Current Known Issues [6/25/2012]?
- The CM9 built-in Wifi Tether won't work. You need to use the "Wifi Tether" app that's bundled into the ROM. Once you open it, hit [menu] and "Settings". Select "Change Device-Profile" to "Generic ICS".

- Wifi connection issue related to the stock TI MAC address being assigned to the wifi chip. I need to figure out how to reload the chip MAC from the eeprom.
- Currently, there is a bug in the rotation display of the phone. What I mean is, that when you take the phone and rotate it, the display will squeeze in on itself and then pop back out. This is a *known* issue and I'm working very hard to fix it.
- Data Connection app is better than it used to be (should be much easier to get a data connection), BUT it's still a work in progress. Not everyone will get data on boot. And it looks like I'm not honoring when user's select "LTE/CDMA" vs. "LTE/CDMA/GSM/WCDMA" in the settings. I'll try to dig into that as well.
- Bluetooth bug is still around (lol?) so be careful about leaving BT active when you don't have a device connected for now.
- CAPS LOCK key Inop
- HOME capacitive button Inop

FIXED:
- [06/24/2012] Hard keyboard cursor keys are mixed up.

WHO works on this?
Myself and @DHacker29 work as a team to build AOSP-based ROMs (and device setups) for several Motorola phones. Typically, I do the coding work in C, C++ or Java while DHacker maintains the blobs, runs merges with CM/AOKP sources, and solves device issues which require less coding.

WHAT is a "nightly"?
It's an automated build ran from a script. It basically: deletes the current set of output files, sync's with github, and then attempts to do a brand new build. It can break at times, in which case we'll fix it (usually this happens when there are framework changes which didn't get merged).

WHY would I want this?
- Since we work on several devices, this is how we decided to start keeping builds up-to-date. Rather than spend several hours a week on builds and uploading. This happens automatically every night around 2am PST.
- It's up to you the community to identify good "stable" builds.

Feel free to follow me on Twitter as I do sometimes make announcements there before I do forum postings:
Hashcode (@Hashcode0f) on Twitter

We maintain all of our code at github:
https://github.com/organizations/STS-Dev-Team

Screenshots:
[ COMING SOON ]

Last edited:

clowe

Reaction score
Does flash player work on the cm9 ROM? If it does, (not including you tube) I'll be getting on this rom today.

Gangrif

Reaction score
Ive been running this rom for about 12 hours.

So far so good except:

bluetooth audio problem still exists, i believe everyones aware of this, not a big deal for me.

Wifi: worked perfectly at home, connected to my linksys AP, secured with WPA/WPA2. Im in the office now, and we've got a larger scale wifi deployment. Aruba AP's controlled by a master controller. They are "open" but once youre connected require that you login to an authorization page. Using Cisco's NAC. I'm not sure why its failing, but it cycles a few times bewteen "Saved" and "Obtaining IP address", and then it stops trying and reads: "Avoided poor internet connection". I'm wondering if its having a problem authenticating.. It never connects to the point where I can auth. Normally you just bring up a browser and it forces you to the auth page. This isnt getting that far. I believe this worked properly on the non-ics leak build, and it works properly on the Moto ICS leak.

Gangrif

Reaction score
So, after spending some time working with our network engineer, it looks like the wifi interface is never requesting an IP address.. Which is weird.

I'm disabling wifi and letting it sit for a while, to see if my dhcp lease expires, and then i'm gong to try it again fresh, see if that makes a difference.

moccor

Reaction score
So, after spending some time working with our network engineer, it looks like the wifi interface is never requesting an IP address.. Which is weird.

I'm disabling wifi and letting it sit for a while, to see if my dhcp lease expires, and then i'm gong to try it again fresh, see if that makes a difference.
Do you use Skype at all, if so could you give the front camera a test when you aren't busy? Thanks.

Cstryon

Reaction score
So I can get 3g to work, but I can't get 4g to work. But others have 4g working. Any idea what couod be wrong?

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

Gangrif

Reaction score
Do you use Skype at all, if so could you give the front camera a test when you aren't busy? Thanks.

Front facing camera appears to work for pictures. Havent tried video or video chat. I dont user skype, google talk is the closest i have to video chat, and i dont have anyone available at the moment to test with, especially with the wifi problems i'm having.

kenji91

Reaction score
The link says "empty" for me for both aokp and cm9 under "ics leak builds"... ?

kenji91

Reaction score
Any chance we can get a working link? I'm dying to see this. I've never used CM.

kenji91

Reaction score
Same here, went through all the work to update to the .212 leak. Excited to flash this, but directory empty! What. A. Tease.

Now that I've gone from 206 to 208, 208 to 211, and 211 to 212, it doesn't seem like that much work.

Flash 219. Flash new kernel. Flash leak. The end.

OP
Hashcode

Hashcode

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.hash-of-codes.blogspot.com
My timing on this post was impeccable wasn't it?

Guh. Yes, rombot was brought down for maintenance, and it looks like the current builds were all wiped.

I'll trigger a new build after lunch and get an update here.

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2