Razr ICS Leak builds working on D4

Moore2877

Reaction score
Just to let anyone know who is using safestrap 2.0 almost all the razr custom roms for ICS leak works. Pretty buggy alot of them but they work. I am playing with KOA CM9 right now on my D4.

moccor

Reaction score
I was thinking about trying that too but i needed my keyboard and didn't want to risk ruining anything either :p.

OP
M

Moore2877

Reaction score
It actually somewhat works on the roms ive tried.

OP
M

Moore2877

Reaction score
I dont understand why the d4 and rzr roms are not combined into a single working rom for both devices. Making them compatible would make things easier for the dev right? only one rom to work on not two.

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
I dont understand why the d4 and rzr roms are not combined into a single working rom for both devices. Making them compatible would make things easier for the dev right? only one rom to work on not two.

key mapping and various other software differences prevent these roms from being duel ported. A good example is the ics leak aokp for the razr boots on the d4, but the home key doesnt work. The hardware is basically the same but the software is not quite the same. I plan on testing this some more over the weekend if only to soothe my crackflashing needs. :)

Sent from my DROID4

OP
M

Moore2877

Reaction score
key mapping and various other software differences prevent these roms from being duel ported. A good example is the ics leak aokp for the razr boots on the d4, but the home key doesnt work. The hardware is basically the same but the software is not quite the same. I plan on testing this some more over the weekend if only to soothe my crackflashing needs. :)

Sent from my DROID4
Since its just software that should make it possible. Everything works on the rzr roms, except for a few small bugs like caps lock on the keyboard doesn't work but I think that's the only thing on the keyboard that doesn't work. Even the front and back cameras work great.

Im thinking make a rom with the the software that is similar between the two, then add the software for both phones that is different. Then when you go to install you pick which phone you have and the software installs the correct files for that phone. It seems simple and possible.

Hashcode

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.hash-of-codes.blogspot.com
I know you're all anxious to start jammin on the AOSP ROMs for Droid 4, but we're still working out some RIL and framebuffer issues.

That being said, I am also going to be posting an early build for the Droid 4 here soon (tm).

Thanks for being patient.

OP
M

Moore2877

Reaction score
I know you're all anxious to start jammin on the AOSP ROMs for Droid 4, but we're still working out some RIL and framebuffer issues.

That being said, I am also going to be posting an early build for the Droid 4 here soon (tm).

Thanks for being patient.
Awesome, from my previous post in this thread about combining the roms, is something like that possible. I think it is and I might want to start helping build droid 4 roms since your like the only dev working on d4 stuff. PM me here or twitter or something if your interested.

Hashcode

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.hash-of-codes.blogspot.com
Awesome, from my previous post in this thread about combining the roms, is something like that possible. I think it is and I might want to start helping build droid 4 roms since your like the only dev working on d4 stuff. PM me here or twitter or something if your interested.

The RAZR rom cannot be joined w/ the D4 ROM due to sensor/lib differences-- tho the # of different files is extremely small.

And you are more than welcome to checkout the ics-leak branch of the local-STS project out on GitHub. That's where myself and DHacker are working on the RAZR/D4 stuff.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2