[ICS Leak/Kernel/CRC] Droid 4 Build 6.16.213

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
That's right, the new utility allows you to save data. The only thing I had to setup was the hidden apps in the app drawer but everything else was untouched, so i say go for it and upgrade her phone to 213.

kenji91

Reaction score
you have seen the d4 utility has been updated to save data when jumping from leaks i would hope.

Where was then when I updated from .208 to .211 to .212 to .213 within like a week? :biggrin:

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Anybody stock still checking Cheesecake for leaks? I sold my spare Droid 4 so I can't anymore, and droidian1441 moved to a Droid Razr.

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I have been trying to get it to run on ICS. It will function on 213 but doesn't appear to connect to any server. Just sticks on the "communicating with server". This is even with editing the build.prop. Tried the data reset and used romtoolbox to restore, still no go. May try a data reset and restore manually. Lots are still running GB so we just need them to take the time to run and check.

Jishkah

Reaction score
I apologize if this is a bit of a noob-ish question but, then, I'm also a bit of a noob-ish user.

Right now, I'm running the .211 release of Ice Cream Sandwich. Everything seems to be running well; I get a few bugs here-and-there, but beyond that, things are working okay, for the most part.

Here's my question: how do I upgrade to the .213 release? I read the official tutorial on this website but, due to the bad grammar/punctuation/spelling (sorry, person-who-wrote-the-tutorial, I mean no offence), I couldn't follow it at all. Not to mention, the server he's currently hosting the required files on is quite slow and buggy.

I don't really want to have root functionality, nor do I want Safestrap installed. I just want to upgrade to a fresh .213 installation, with no leftover files from the .211 installation whatsoever - meaning the cache is cleared, the dalvik is cleared, data is cleared, the works. At the moment, I do have root installed, however, so... if anyone could tell me how to upgrade, in a clear-and-concise manner, that'd be awesome.

Thanks in advance.

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Check out the post in my signature. No reason to wipe out your data.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Jishkah

Reaction score
I want to, though. Call me paranoid, or even a bit OCD, but I like to start over completely from scratch when I install a new operating system on a phone. Typically, problems carry over from my older installation to my newer installation and, because of this, the whole experience doesn't feel quite as stable as it would if I were to wipe everything beforehand. I did the same thing when I had my LG Ally - if I were to upgrade a ROM, or flash a completely different ROM, I would wipe absolutely everything that could be wiped via ClockworkRecovery/AmonRA before I would ever flash over a new ROM. If I didn't, things would act very odd, and bugs would be everywhere.

I understand that the whole process may be much safer these days, but it gives me peace of mind, knowing I'm starting from scratch.

As for the tutorial, I looked at it. I'm having a hard time following the directions, however; I'm not entirely sure what to do with the files I download. And, speaking of download, the files you linked to don't seem to work - and the ones that do (the four files on the d-h.st website) are downloading at a thrilling, extreme pace of 50-100 KB/s. If you have the time, or feel like being extremely generous, could you give me a quick summary as to what I must do? If you can't, it doesn't matter; I'll try to follow the original tutorial to the best of my abilities. I'll be leaving on vacation by 3:00 AM, so I'm hoping to get my phone up-and-running as soon as possible.

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
The instructions are pretty clear, as far as the grammer I dont see an issue. If you follow what it says it works because there is nothing logically wrong with it and all the links are there.

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
You are not really flashing a new rom but patching the stock one. Each patch assumes and checks to see that you are on the 6.13.219 or already on the upgrade (it will flash over itself). If you are on a leak already it will fail. So we trick it by flashing the GB files and the boot.img patch for the leak version you are moving to, then flash the ota file and it will complete.

Beyond that I don't see much of a difference on 213 over 211. So you might just want to wait till the next leak

Last edited:

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Still nothing new? Bionic has been getting leaks dropped left and right lately.....wonder what the deal is on the Droid 4 now? No one checking or no new leaks? Possibly Motorola/Verizon getting ready to push it, at least SOAK test it?

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
I haven't seen anything on the net about a new leak. I don't have cheesecake and the guy that used to find them got a Razr. Last month they came out with a few leaks and now stopped. Maybe you're right that they are testing it now. 213 has been great so far.

The Razr already has a 214 leak and someone mentioned 215 but it hasn't been confirmed.

xipher

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what bugs you are still seeing in 213? I keep hearing tethering doesn't work on the ICS leak, and I actually do specifically pay for and want that to work :C any other issues?

ws6formula350

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what bugs you are still seeing in 213? I keep hearing tethering doesn't work on the ICS leak, and I actually do specifically pay for and want that to work :C any other issues?

Iirc, most of the tethering woes are from 3rd party apps.

I've been running .213 for about two weeks with no complaints whatsoever.

nowell29

Reaction score
Please 213 for safestrap? :)

Pleeeeeeeeeease :)

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk