ICS Leak 6.16.217 Update zip, boot.img and crc

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
08/18 YOU SHOULD BE ABLE GET THE UPDATE DIRECT FROM MOTO.

SYSTEM SETTINGS>ABOUT PHONE>SYSTEM UPDATES

D4 6.16.217 ICS Leak files. Download and open the zip to find the update file, boot.img (named ICSFIX) and the crc. If too many of you jump on this at once the host might go down. Be great if someone could mirror. I have a very slow dsl upload speed here and no 4g. Took about 3 hours just to get this up.

D4 6.16.217.zip - 366.95 MB

Or here: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BxVYVBXaq3qzTDItTzdjenF5N00
Thanks, outsid0r

Or here: http://sdrv.ms/OEGpQs
Thanks, thefever

If you using the the ICS only tool, then just add the ICSFIX.img to the files folder. Be sure you have the update zip on your sdcard or both the update zip and the crc in your cache.

This must be installed using stock recovery. It is not a full rom, but a patch to stock GB.

Last edited:

Krooked247

Reaction score
Good Work Man. Hoping this will improve data for me personally. Would help put up a link to this somewhere but dont know anything about uploading a file sorry. Thanks for getting this out there though.

kwyrt

Reaction score
Downloading now. Will upload to DB and post a link if someone doesn't beat me to it. Thanks for the post jsnweitzel!

Mirror: http://db.tt/O3h3scTr

Sent from my Droid 4

Last edited:

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
Let me know how it works, I haven't flashed a leak in a while and I'm itching to do it though 213 has been great.

Usuallyfaded

Reaction score
One again great work bro. Your contributions to the droid 4 are very appreciated! Thanks again.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Usuallyfaded

Reaction score
I was wondering the same thing. I noticed it removed chrome but left the icon on the screen. When I tapped it "app not installed" displayed. At least that's what I think it said. Wonder where the change logs are posted.

Danis

Reaction score
This version is 70mb larger than the last... I don't see the home screen crash anymore, and noticed an assisted dialing notification, although since I did the nandroid restore, it's gone.

Sent from my XT894 running ICS

OP
jsnweitzel

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I noticed chrome was out too. If you had a shortcut on a homescreen then i would expect app not found error. You get that assisted dialing message if you do a data reset.

Usuallyfaded

Reaction score
I've noticed after when I power cycle the phone it pops up "Android upgrading Optimizing apps" also noticed my data connection has been 100% better. No dropping every 5 mins. Wifi is solid. Now if someone could child a better from for DROID 4 using ICS. The current offering is less than satisfactory for a daily driver.

pavlak21

Reaction score
Wow what a defference from stock rom GB
I dont have any FC. My data works better, still looseing some times but connects right up back .
Interface is nice like it .. dont have any issues with external memory card

Good rom so far for me ,before offical OTA update

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
On XDA they mentioned the baseband is pre-215, maybe the 215 baseband wasn't that good and led to data drops.

Twisted4u

Reaction score
so far all I have noticed not working is smart actions. I had to freeze the app because i kept getting unable to run prompt.