ICS Leak 6.16.217 Update zip, boot.img and crc

OP
jsnweitzel

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
My smart action sleep rule kicked right in at its set time. Never touched it after updating. Wonder why it gave you trouble.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
That's why leaks aren't necessarily better, they try tweaking things and it doesn't always work out. That's probably why they reverted to the older baseband and smartactions. I'm wondering what else the reverted to or upgraded.

ws6formula350

Reaction score
Was having trouble with data at work on. 215 as well; have tomorrow off, but i'll report back wednesday.

Droid_Boi86

Reaction score
Nice! I have been on the .215 leak for minute now. I haven't really figured out how to jump from leak to leak.

This part is what I don't understand yet, after the boot img is renamed which files folder does it go into, I'm gonna be using the Droid4 utility for ICS leak so...

sent frm my Rooted DROID4 on ICS

OP
jsnweitzel

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Nice! I have been on the .215 leak for minute now. I haven't really figured out how to jump from leak to leak.

This part is what I don't understand yet, after the boot img is renamed which files folder does it go into, I'm gonna be using the Droid4 utility for ICS leak so...

The boot.img needs to be in the "files"folder of the tool. This is where all the needed files for it to run are stored. The way I wrote the script it looks for the file named "ICSFIX.img" to flash. All of the GB files you need to go from one leak to another are already in the files folder of the tool. When I wrote it 215 was the most recent build and the boot.img for it is already in the tool. So you just need to replace it with the one from 217.

Danis

Reaction score
FYI all,

The nandroid backup/restore solution didn't work out too well this time. It seemed to have broken my tethering/mobile hotspot. I had to do a full reset, but that was pretty good, considering I've been beta jumping from .206.

Wilhelzing317

Reaction score
everything worked great for me! I did have to re-install chrome though. Any new revelations of this system version?

Germanguy

Reaction score
Battery life does not seem as good on this leak. Had the absolute best battery life on 215 compared to all other leaks. Hotspot working just fine (did nandroid restore data only).
Does anybody use the hotplug governor and have you noticed better battery life on that?

OP
jsnweitzel

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
FYI all,

The nandroid backup/restore solution didn't work out too well this time. It seemed to have broken my tethering/mobile hotspot. I had to do a full reset, but that was pretty good, considering I've been beta jumping from .206.

You don't have to wipe data when jumping, unless you are talking about restoring a custom rom. Wasn't sure which you meant.

Droid_Boi86

Reaction score
jsnweitzel said:
The boot.img needs to be in the "files"folder of the tool. This is where all the needed files for it to run are stored. The way I wrote the script it looks for the file named "ICSFIX.img" to flash. All of the GB files you need to go from one leak to another are already in the files folder of the tool. When I wrote it 215 was the most recent build and the boot.img for it is already in the tool. So you just need to replace it with the one from 217.

Thanks for clearing that up for me...

Twisted4u

Reaction score
Whiped data and smart actions are working again i kinda thought I would have to but was not looking forward resetting everything up but thanks for the input works great again.