ICS 6.16.206 Stock Blur leak

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
For sure, I just don't want there to be even the slightest reason for a hiccup and then I have no root until one is released.

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
I just passed the "verifying current system" stage!

BTW, for those people who officially are allowed to test builds, how do they get back to GB?

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
orangechoochoo said:
I just passed the "verifying current system" stage!

Nice hope u like the new ICS i really like it more than the asop that the devs have made

ws6formula350

Reaction score
qe1/1
--Install /sdcard...
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
Installing update...
Verifying current system...
assert failed: apply_patch_check("/preinstall/KnowYourDevice/Motorala_XT894_Batterysave.3gp", "71ce34b3b53ae3a2d9bbfb9ceb3ba4452d73ea98", "4e7e24a6817763a5539e569c9d7e15c6e430a27b")
E:error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

That's the same error I got the first time I tried; I believe it is leftover from Safestrap. Had to Fastboot to install .206.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
ws6formula350 said:
That's the same error I got the first time I tried; I believe it is leftover from Safestrap. Had to Fastboot to install .206.

Yes ur right its from safe strap i was hoping the boot strap fix would work but apparently safe strap edits more of the system than boot strap does

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
orangechoochoo said:
That's surprising. I haven't tried out any of them because of the data problems, but I thought they would put some goodies that would stock ICS would not have.

Honestly they wont be better till they have an official ota to build off of cuz theres alot they are missing cuz they dont have a ota to go off of but once they do ill probably switch back cuz of the features as long as they keep the new blur cuz i like it better than the asop UI imho

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
Thanks for your help Sargentmajord, it would've been nice to go through the process using your suggestions which would avoid the need to fastboot but sometimes you got to do what you got to do.

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
orangechoochoo said:
Thanks for your help Sargentmajord, it would've been nice to go through the process using your suggestions which would avoid the need to fastboot but sometimes you got to do what you got to do.

Yeah i was hoping i could get it to work but i guess it only works for boot strap an not safe strap no one likes to fast boot there phone but ur very welcome

kwyrt

Reaction score
So to summarize: If you're on stock GB and have installed safestrap, you will need to fastboot to .219, reroot your phone, install voodoo OTA rootkeeper, backup root, temp unroot, install .206, restore root and you should be good, correct?

cbalde04

Reaction score
I got it to work with the stock mobile hotspot. Good enough. Its still free tethering if u change the entitlement check to 0. I love this build.