ICS Leak 6.16.217 Update zip, boot.img and crc

droidian1441

Reaction score
Nice to see you back here again! How is your Razr holding up compared to the D4?

Well the only reason I got rid of my D4 is because my battery wouldnt make it 6-8 hours. Low use. I needed the battery so I sent back my D4 and got a RAZR Maxx. If the D4 had the Maxx battery, or hell maybe a battery above 2100 mAh I would jump on that in a heartbeat.

I miss the D4 to be honest. I needed that battery though. Lol. Im still not used to all touch phones again. Lmao. Besides new leaks what all did I miss while I was out?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

embj

Reaction score
I just had to log in and say...the battery life is amazing compared to any other release of GB or ICS for anyone on the fence about trying it out. I'm on 60% battery after 8 hours of light usage (sending a couple e-mails, streaming songs through Spotify over bluetooth for ~20 min, a couple of check-ins on 4sq, etc.). Usually, I'm about down to 10-20% after this amount of usage. dancedroid

Droid_Boi86

Reaction score
embj said:
I just had to log in and say...the battery life is amazing compared to any other release of GB or ICS for anyone on the fence about trying it out. I'm on 60% battery after 8 hours of light usage (sending a couple e-mails, streaming songs through Spotify over bluetooth for ~20 min, a couple of check-ins on 4sq, etc.). Usually, I'm about down to 10-20% after this amount of usage. dancedroid

Exactly! Pretty happy with this build...

sent frm my Rooted DROID4 on ICS

OP
jsnweitzel

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
My battery life has been off the charts too. I got 32 hours before it was under 30% and decided to recharge. This was on a good wifi, even last week with wifi off and bouncing between 4-3g I was getting 14 hours before it dropped under 30%.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
Same here. I flashed 217 and then Eclipse which is based off 217. If 217 becomes the OTA I'll keep Eclipse since it's debloated and has even better battery life.

NWRULES

Reaction score
What are the risks to doing this? Could this potentially wipe important data saved on the phone? Or?..........

Droid_Boi86

Reaction score
NWRULES said:
What are the risks to doing this? Could this potentially wipe important data saved on the phone? Or?..........

You could use various back up utilities to keep data, use Titanium Back-Up and SmS backup...

sent frm my Rooted DROID4 on ICS

Wilhelzing317

Reaction score
Foxfi is in the market for free and you don't have to be rooted.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

I think the problem i have been getting is with battery saving apps like the one i havwe Go Power Master. Once my screen goes idle the wifi doesn't work anymore. So if i put my display setting to make my screen stay on, the foxfi works fine. If the screen turns off then i don't get any data. I think this might be something that has been implemented i this .217 version. Not sure, what types of battery saving apps, do you guys use if any and has anyone else besides me been experiencing this?

outsid0r

Reaction score
I think the problem i have been getting is with battery saving apps like the one i havwe Go Power Master. Once my screen goes idle the wifi doesn't work anymore. So if i put my display setting to make my screen stay on, the foxfi works fine. If the screen turns off then i don't get any data. I think this might be something that has been implemented i this .217 version. Not sure, what types of battery saving apps, do you guys use if any and has anyone else besides me been experiencing this?
its the battery savin apps that have the setting to turn off data when screen goes off, u can tell from how u changed to screen on=data on so fox fi works

bkesm605

Reaction score
Can someone please to me the CORRECT size of the D4 6.16.217 zip. I have so far found and downloaded 4 different zips that all have different file sizes and none have worked when in recovery to update. It sucks having to find zip,download,copy to sd,boot recovery, update and then having to start all over again 3x's and counting. :icon_eek:

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
371,006 kilobytes named Blur_Version.6.13.219.XT894.Verizon.en.US.zip

Most downloads need to be unzipped and you'll find that file and Blur_Version.6.13.219.XT894.Verizon.en.US.crc inside the .zip you downloaded.

You just need the Blur_Version.6.13.219.XT894.Verizon.en.US.zip on your external sdcard to install, the .crc file is needed in addition when installing from internal

OP
jsnweitzel

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Also you only need the boot.img file if you are on a earlier ICS and want to move to another.