ICS 6.16.206 Stock Blur leak

Gangrif

Reaction score
orangechoochoo said:
Just do EXACTLY what the link says.

Gangriff, did you get it to work?

Putting the kid to bed, I then ill have to scrounge up a windows machine. Thought of trying to ask hashcode about it too. See if he knows how to work around the verification. He aught to know how safestrap works. ;-)

Gangrif

Reaction score
Crossing fingers... After several hours, a bug chunk of that taken up with download time, and fastboot flashing... I'm in the process of applying the leak. I reverted to stock with the fastboot recovery. then rooted again. then ota rootkept (as described in the thread) now i'm applying the leak. So far so good, no verify errors. Hashcode supported the fastboot restore method, he said that's the cleanest way, and to be honest, now that i've been through it, i agree.

Gangrif

Reaction score
ok, we're good, running the 206 leak! Thanks for all the help everyone!

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
That's great news! I've been spending the last few hours exploring all the settings and tweaking things to my liking.

Gangrif

Reaction score
Poked at it a little bit. Restored my Root successfully. It's as i expected. Gimped, then extended android. It's much better than the GB build, but I really wish manufacturers wouldnt strip out android's functionality. But that's a whole different thread. ;) I'm happy with the upgrade, but i'd be much happier on CM9. I'll have to see if theres an ICS safe strap yet, and then check into CM9 in the new build. Thanks again!

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
I'll have to see if theres an ICS safe strap yet, and then check into CM9 in the new build. Thanks again!

Hashcode has ICS safestrap for the Razr and says the one for the D4 is coming out very soon. The problem is we don't have pure ICS roms yet.

I dislike how small the app icons are on the left side of the status bar.

moccor

Reaction score
Hashcode has ICS safestrap for the Razr and says the one for the D4 is coming out very soon. The problem is we don't have pure ICS roms yet.

I dislike how small the app icons are on the left side of the status bar.
Yeah, it's hard to see the stock voicemail icon, especially with low brightness.

4low4fun

Reaction score
I rooted and installed via cheesecake (which is still up and running btw for. 206) downloaded and installed update and kept root! Didn't try and protect root or anything!
Everything is running as it should so far! The only thing I'm seeing is that whenever my keyboard is open I get a keyboard notification telling me I'm using English as my input method.

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
4low4fun said:
I rooted and installed via cheesecake (which is still up and running btw for. 206) downloaded and installed update and kept root! Didn't try and protect root or anything!
Everything is running as it should so far! The only thing I'm seeing is that whenever my keyboard is open I get a keyboard notification telling me I'm using English as my input method.

How did u get cheese cake to work on ICS?

Gangrif

Reaction score
Holy battery drain! I was streaming audio while I mowed the lawn today. About an hour. Used more than half the battery!

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
Gangrif said:
Holy battery drain! I was streaming audio while I mowed the lawn today. About an hour. Used more than half the battery!

Did u freeze the bloatware cuz for some reason they are huge ram/battery hogs i have yet to see my battery die in less than 5 hrs on regular usage also this os loves to cache like u wouldn't believe with in an hr i had 30 mbs of cache slowing down my phone plus get fast reboot cuz it will free up about 400 mbs of ram after an hr of use

Gangrif

Reaction score
sargentmajord said:
Did u freeze the bloatware cuz for some reason they are huge ram/battery hogs i have yet to see my battery die in less than 5 hrs on regular usage also this os loves to cache like u wouldn't believe with in an hr i had 30 mbs of cache slowing down my phone plus get fast reboot cuz it will free up about 400 mbs of ram after an hr of use

I went through and froze a bunch this afternoon, well see how it works out now.

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
Under Developer settings there's an option to stop apps as soon as they are closed which would free up RAM, but I read it could cause problems with some apps.

Once in a while the browser will lose its connection with the internet even if wifi is working fine or if I'm on 4g. Reboot usually fixes it.

And when I connect it to the TV it doesn't work.

Last edited: