[ICS Leak/Kernel/CRC] Droid 4 Build 6.16.213

kenji91

Reaction score
I apologize for not clarifying. I am aware of that, hence why I was asking if it was worth my time to update from 211 to 213 or if there were any advantages. :D

I've been jumping to the latest leak the day it comes out. But then again, I'm a bit of a novelty whore. :)

I haven't noticed anything drastic from 208 to 213, but that doesn't mean little things haven't been tweaked. I've been daily driving the CM9 nightlies since they came out with very few issues.

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
I just really want embedded videos to work. On GB they've been fine but on ICS they don't work no matter how many times I install/unindtall flash and reboot. I've heard it's a hit or miss with ICS am I'm missing.

joojoobee666

Reaction score
I've been jumping to the latest leak the day it comes out. But then again, I'm a bit of a novelty whore. :)

I haven't noticed anything drastic from 208 to 213, but that doesn't mean little things haven't been tweaked. I've been daily driving the CM9 nightlies since they came out with very few issues.

Ok, thanks. Maybe I'll update it if I get bored one day here but I've been compiling the CM9's from source and throwing in a few tweaks and it's been running pretty well.

I just really want embedded videos to work. On GB they've been fine but on ICS they don't work no matter how many times I install/unindtall flash and reboot. I've heard it's a hit or miss with ICS am I'm missing.

I noticed that they seemed rather buggy too, but found that videos seem to work a lot better in Firefox Nightlies.

Last edited:

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
So I just updated from 211 to 213 and embedded video is now working! When I was on 206, 208 and 211 embedded video never worked no matter what I did (uninstall & reinstall flash, clear caches, etc.).

What I noticed different on the 213 install is that I got a screen saying it is optimizing apps, I never got that until today.

1989trouble07

Reaction score
What I noticed different on the 213 install is that I got a screen saying it is optimizing apps, I never got that until today.
It will say that as long as nothing was wiped before the update. If your data is wiped and you update, obviously there isn't any additional apps to optimize. If you update without wiping then there is apps to optimize for the update. I wiped on 2 of the leak updates, those were the only 2 times it didn't say optimizing or w/e.

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
I thought it automatically wipes data, that's why the Droid4 utility now has the option to not wipe data.

1989trouble07

Reaction score
No. You were always able to remove the option to wipe data by removing a few lines from .bat file or from the .xml file on the old razr utility.

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
No. You were always able to remove the option to wipe data by removing a few lines from .bat file or from the .xml file on the old razr utility.
I'm not experienced enough to modify code, I just rely on you guys to do it. I played with Basic when the Apple IIC came out and that's it.

Last edited:

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Interesting or not....checking the same server (via cheesecake) I've been getting notified of "an update is available to .213" now says "your phone is uptodate" (phone is still GB .219).

nowell29

Reaction score
I know Hashcode is crazy busy with two platforms (more?) And with the CM9 fun, but he made mention of an ICS leak that was safebootable. It only went to 206. Was wondering if I missed a 213 safebootable somewhere.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
Interesting or not....checking the same server (via cheesecake) I've been getting notified of "an update is available to .213" now says "your phone is uptodate" (phone is still GB .219).
The Razr just got a 214 leak, so we may something soon.

I dont think 211 for the Razr (the official OTA ICS) was polished because people are complaining about battery life and embedded video not working, maybe it was rushed to make the Q2 deadline and to quiet the masses who've been complaining about getting ICS for months. I think we D4 owners will end up with a great version of ICS once it's released because the Razr owners will be our testbed.

Last edited:

Garlick

Reaction score
The Razr just got a 214 leak, so we may something soon.

I dont think 211 for the Razr (the official OTA ICS) was polished because people are complaining about battery life and embedded video not working, maybe it was rushed to make the Q2 deadline and to quiet the masses who've been complaining about getting ICS for months. I think we D4 owners will end up with a great version of ICS once it's released because the Razr owners will be our testbed.

I'm going to have to agree, as my wife is on the .211 D4 leak, and she's having all kinds of issues, re-boots, data drops, battery life stinks....etc.

I'm on .213, and not having anything similar to those issues. I also had a different welcome screen on .213, and a few other tweaks that I was impressed by.

I haven't upgraded her, because you have to data wipe, and it takes me a while to back everything up, and re-do all the settings when I finish the upgrade.

outsid0r

Reaction score
I'm going to have to agree, as my wife is on the .211 D4 leak, and she's having all kinds of issues, re-boots, data drops, battery life stinks....etc.

I'm on .213, and not having anything similar to those issues. I also had a different welcome screen on .213, and a few other tweaks that I was impressed by.

I haven't upgraded her, because you have to data wipe, and it takes me a while to back everything up, and re-do all the settings when I finish the upgrade.

you have seen the d4 utility has been updated to save data when jumping from leaks i would hope.