[ROM] [NIGHTLY] UNOFFICIAL CM9/ICS For Droid 4 For MotoICS Leak

kenji91

Reaction score
My timing on this post was impeccable wasn't it?

Guh. Yes, rombot was brought down for maintenance, and it looks like the current builds were all wiped.

I'll trigger a new build after lunch and get an update here.

Having never tried CM anything, I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve!

smoysauce

Reaction score
Sorry should rephrase; not so much work as just excitement and stress of going from GB to ICS and then having my hopes crushed not getting to flash CM9. Though once I have to flash updates a few times it will be nothing! Only had my D4 for a week after having D2 so getting a hang of things. Excited for the release!

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

superskaterxes

Reaction score
can someone list the exact steps on how to get here if we were running the CM9 GB kernal rom?

this whole motorola/safestrap thing is really confusing compared to CWM on an HTC phone haha

thanks!!!

kenji91

Reaction score
can someone list the exact steps on how to get here if we were running the CM9 GB kernal rom?
this whole motorola/safestrap thing is really confusing compared to CWM on an HTC phone haha
thanks!!!

I'm under the assumption that you would have to go to non-safe mode and make sure that side is stock. Then you'd flash ICS using these steps: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ed-android-4-0-4-ics-build-droid-4-xt894.html

Note: YOU CANNOT GO BACK TO GB ONCE YOU DO THIS!

After that, you would install Safestrap 2.0 (the version for the leaked ICS) and flash CM9 on the safe side. Be sure to download the right version of CM9 (the one based on the ICS leaks, not GB). It only came out yesterday.

Gangrif

Reaction score
So, turns out that wifi isn't working here at home now either. Same deal, cycles a few times, then says it was an unsuitable connection.

pgarlinski

Reaction score
Just installed 06/22, which is up on rombot now...

Everything is working pretty well from what I can tell, with the exception of WiFi...simply can't get it to connect to my home network whatsoever. I don't have another network to test with, unfortunately. It's not a big deal or anything, as I can live without having WiFi on the phone. Maybe I'll just let it sit for tonight and try again tomorrow.

OP
Hashcode

Hashcode

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.hash-of-codes.blogspot.com
Just installed 06/22, which is up on rombot now...

Everything is working pretty well from what I can tell, with the exception of WiFi...simply can't get it to connect to my home network whatsoever. I don't have another network to test with, unfortunately. It's not a big deal or anything, as I can live without having WiFi on the phone. Maybe I'll just let it sit for tonight and try again tomorrow.

Can you email me the output of: adb shell "cat /proc/kmsg" > kmsg.txt
(You'll have to ctrl-c it to end)

I want to see what's causing your Wifi not to work.

EDIT: And the builds should be running on ROMbot again now.

kenji91

Reaction score
So I finally flashed CM9 and it doesn't get past the boot screen. :( I tried wiping cache and dalvik. Ideas?

pgarlinski

Reaction score

I hope this helps! I looked at the file and the only thing I can see is that the connection is being denied, but I've made sure the password is correct and ensured that it's correct by re-logging into the wireless network on my laptop. Works perfectly there so it's not an incorrect password.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B2hWxZpbpjUbcklEXzYyU2YyQmc

kenji91

Reaction score
pgarlinski said:
Does it bootloop? What build did you flash? I'm assuming you're using safestrap and all that fun stuff as well...

It doesn't bootloop. It just shows the CM9 boot screen and doesn't get past that. I'm on .212 and flashing CM9 on the safe side. I've wiped cache and dalvik cache.

superskaterxes

Reaction score
still having the loss of data problem after a reboot when in LTE/CDMA mode. it will only connect to 3G data and only after switching to GSM and then back to LTE/CDMA.

if i choose LTE/CDMA/EvDo/GSM/WCDMA then it goes to roaming when it first boots and then 20ish seconds later it connects to 4G

Also, whats the CDMA subscription? RUIM/SIM and NV

Gangrif

Reaction score

Flashed 6/22 this morning and i'm also still having the wifi issue (as expected...). Are you still looking for kmsg info?