Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.hash-of-codes.blogspot.com
[SELFKANG ICS AOSP ROM] CM9/ICS for Droid 4 -- [BETA 05/07/2012]

BETA 05/07 of CM9/ICS for Droid 4

ROM Download Link Here

DON'T LET GOOGLE RESTORE YOUR SETTINGS WHEN INSTALLING THIS ROM COMING FROM GINGERBREAD
ALWAYS WIPE DATA/CACHE WHEN INSTALLING ROMS

Download GApps Here (04/29 Goo-Inside GApps Link).
FLASH THE GAPPS.ZIP FILE AFTER YOU FLASH THE ICS.ZIP

Get Safestrap here:
http://blog.hash-of-codes.com/safestrap

For the most up-to-date information / builds check my blog:
http://blog.hash-of-codes.com
Or follow me on Twitter:
Hashcode (@Hashcode0f) on Twitter

and github / sources are now here:
https://github.com/organizations/STS-Dev-Team

Special Note about 4G/3G Data:
Data for this build has been a bit finicky. When you reboot, you will probably need to go to: Settings -> Wireless & networks -> More .. -> Mobile networks
Click on "Network Mode" and goto GSM-only, wait for 5 seconds, and then back to LTE/CDMA. This should help data come up.
THIS IS TEMPORARY AND WILL BE FIXED.

Current Issues:
- Sounds like some people are having issues w/ WIFI? Mine works fine, but I'd like others to weigh in.
- The CM9 built-in Wifi Tether won't work. You need to use the "Wifi Tether" app that's bundled into the ROM. Once you open it, hit [menu] and "Settings". Select "Change Device-Profile" to "Motorola Droid RAZR (CDMA/LTE)".
- You can safely ignore the error about "sd-ext" when wiping Dalvik Cache in Safestrap.
- Known issue w/ Bluetooth while it's on but NOT connected to any devices, audio routing to the entire phone gets wacked and you won't get any sound at all. Fix by turning off Bluetooth.

What is NOT working in this build:
Camera needs to be fixed. It should be working, but it errors out.
HW Video Codecs (in progress)
Bluetooth on but not connected = loss of all audio (in progress)

Screenshots:
home_480.png
about_480.png
data-usage_480.png

Last edited:

fish108

Reaction score
Wooo

Been waiting for this =) Flashing now. Thanks a bunch man!

Reaction score
camera works for me! rear camera, and still pictures only... but thats really all i need.

MoonScar119

Reaction score
Maybe i am being a tard... but am i missing the install instruction with the step by steps?

Gangrif

Reaction score
Maybe i am being a tard... but am i missing the install instruction with the step by steps?
I'm in the process of trying it now, but you should be able to follow the directions on the safestrap page. Hash of Codes: HOW-TO Safestrap Basically, safestrap, download the CM9/Gapps zip files to your sd card, then follow the instructions on that page.

Hooks405

Reaction score
If you try to use the front camera and keep getting force close you can clear data in Settings-apps-all and clear camera data to get back into camera

Sent from my XT894 using DroidForums

Kack

Reaction score
I do use the front camera for video chat but i can wait. although i do want to use face unlock! i havent been able to play with everything to find any problems yet. but it sure is nice to have ics.

IK Gamex

Reaction score
Nice! I'm glad to see my droid 4 finally getting some love dancedroid

moccor

Reaction score
Does this require a SD card? Does CWM fully work without a SD card? Fully work as in, can it backup the system to the internal storage and such.