[ROM] [SELFKANG ICS AOSP ROM] CM9/ICS for Droid 4 -- [BETA 03/05/2012]

kenji91

Reaction score
I've been flashing the latest nightly every morning and I have almost no issues. The only thing I can think of right now is the SYM key doesn't pull up symbols. It pops up a window that asks me to choose the input method.

Wifi works for me. I haven't really tried tethering, but I have no data issues.

clowe

Reaction score
I read Flash player isn't working very well with alot of website if at all. Can someone confirm this?

Sent from my DROID4 using Droid Forums

Cegal

Reaction score
clowe said:
I read Flash player isn't working very well with alot of website if at all. Can someone confirm this?

Sent from my DROID4 using Droid Forums

Confirmed as far as I have read and tested myself.

the1calledbubba

Reaction score
Anyone still running this? Been awhile since I've gone to the 'safe side.' Video applications like netflix aren't working last I checked, even google chrome mobile didn't work. Just a blank screen. These and the HDMI out not working are my only hang-ups in addition to somewhat manageable data issues

MoonScar119

Reaction score
Anyone still running this? Been awhile since I've gone to the 'safe side.' Video applications like netflix aren't working last I checked, even google chrome mobile didn't work. Just a blank screen. These and the HDMI out not working are my only hang-ups in addition to somewhat manageable data issues

I think it is safe to say this thread can be locked. Hashcode is only working off the leaked ics roms. No longer workin g on the gingerbread rom with an ics cm9 on top of it.

The new thread for hashcodes cm9 is where you should start. It's pretty damn solid. I still have slight camera issues every now and then. I also have issues viewing the gallery. But its getting better.

I highly reccomend upgrading you phone to one of the leaked roms. Then put cm9 on top of it with safestrap 2.0. You will not be disapointed. Netflix and flash are non-issues with it

Melatonin

Reaction score
I think it is safe to say this thread can be locked. Hashcode is only working off the leaked ics roms. No longer workin g on the gingerbread rom with an ics cm9 on top of it.

The new thread for hashcodes cm9 is where you should start. It's pretty damn solid. I still have slight camera issues every now and then. I also have issues viewing the gallery. But its getting better.

I highly reccomend upgrading you phone to one of the leaked roms. Then put cm9 on top of it with safestrap 2.0. You will not be disapointed. Netflix and flash are non-issues with it

Is there a new download link for that? The last nightly I see posted is for 7/9/2012 but I can't seem to download it.

MoonScar119

Reaction score
Is there a new download link for that? The last nightly I see posted is for 7/9/2012 but I can't seem to download it.

First install the leak, then install cm9 via safestrap 2.0

Here is the leaked ICS install:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-4-roms/209130-how-install-leaked-android-4-0-4-ics-build-droid-4-xt894.html

And here is the new thread for cm9 from here on out:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-4-roms/212919-nightly-unofficial-cm9-ics-droid-4-motoics-leak.html

Melatonin

Reaction score
Safestrap reboot with ICS

I tried to install the newest nightly. But I cant see the Safestrap screen, it is so dark, I cant see the selections so all I can do it reboot and now I cant install gapps or anything. I cant even go back to the safe side. Any suggestions? I tried a factory reset, but it didnt do anything at all just restarted.

Last edited:

Melatonin

Reaction score
Ok I was able to download the latest nightly, gapps, and safestrap on my PC and transfer to my SD card. So I installed the safestrap app and rebooted. Now my D4 is at the Motorola Droid boot screen and rebooting itself over and over, never getting past the boot screen. I cant even turn it off. I press the top button and button volume and it restarts but just keeps cycling. This is frustrating. lol I guess I just have to let the battery run out or is there any other way to turn it off? I will have to go to the verizon store tomorrow.

Last edited:

MoonScar119

Reaction score
Ok I was able to download the latest nightly, gapps, and safestrap on my PC and transfer to my SD card. So I installed the safestrap app and rebooted. Now my D4 is at the Motorola Droid boot screen and rebooting itself over and over, never getting past the boot screen. I cant even turn it off. I press the top button and button volume and it restarts but just keeps cycling. This is frustrating. lol I guess I just have to let the battery run out or is there any other way to turn it off? I will have to go to the verizon store tomorrow.

You bricked your phone. This thread really should be closed because the link on the first page no longer works for stock droids.

You need to do this first: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-4-roms/209130-how-install-leaked-android-4-0-4-ics-build-droid-4-xt894.html
It will upgrade you stock phone image from GB to ICS. Now if you just want your phone working again with the stock image, one of the first steps on that page reflashes you phone to the stock GB image.

I really reccomend upgrading it though. A new leak was recently released within the past week. Version 214 Ibelieve it is. If you need help, we"re here for you. There is enough droid4 files out there to support unbricking your phone