[ROM] [SELFKANG ICS AOSP ROM] CM9/ICS for Droid 4 -- [BETA 03/05/2012]

Cegal

Reaction score
I mean no disrespect the person that worked on this I'm sure work hard on it and that's great that he makes it free for people but it's just not for me I guess I mean it even had my keyboard backlight off the back light for my soft buttons were off idk I just work my butt off to figure it out for my phone and then wasn't what I was expecting

Sent from my DROID4

Backlight works fine here, might be unique to your install?

Sent from my XT894 using DroidForums

Garlick

Reaction score
Is this theme Glowing Green v2.0 Available for AOKP M3 AOKP Build 27 here! - RootzWiki compatible with this ROM? Idk what KANG means, but I see it in the ROMs title :p. I'm not a blue person, so this would be awesome if it worked.

Yes it's compatible. Kang is just the name of the developer who started the ROM. The Self Kang is just a build that uses the AOKP original source codes, an if I'm not mistaken, is using the V27 build codes. So you're good to go with that theme.

As always, still make a back up before you flash it, just in case something doesn't load correctly.

RideZeLitenin

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the March 10th nightly?

Just flashed it.... can't say I notice any differences yet. 3/08 fixed the unstable data issues I had in 3/07, so I dunno what the 3/10 was aimed at. I'll need more time to snoop around and see....

EDIT: ffc still doesn't work, neither does flash player
(These are the 2 things I am mainly looking forward to get fixed)

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

djdarkside

Reaction score
I've flashed 3-10 as well, no flash and no ffc. 4g bars are white not blue but data works with no hiccups.

Seems as if gapps needs to be reinstalled. I came from 3-8 by just wiping cache. I'm going to try a full wipe of data and cache to see if I can get flash to work.

Last edited:

RideZeLitenin

Reaction score
For whatever reason Google Play Store (aka Market) wouldn't open after flashing 3/10. Had to re-flash Gapps

Gangrif

Reaction score
I flashed about 2 hours ago. Full wipe. Seems like the 3g data issues I was having with all previous builds is better. Haven't tested thoroughly yet.

They added some cyanogen ring tones!

Garlick

Reaction score
Flashed this morning, and data definitely is more stable. Didn't do a full reset, but did have to reflash the gapps.

I also had the white bars at first, but after doing the gsm toggle the bars turned blue. So if you want that, that's my fix.

Otherwise, nothing too much has changed, just the network fixes and new ringtones.

Cegal

Reaction score
Flashed this afternoon, data seems beautifully stable! That was my only complaint for the build.

Gangrif

Reaction score
Had a little glitch with the camera. Took two pictures within about 10 seconds, after taking the second, camera hung. Never wrote the picture. Had to reboot to recover the camera functionality.

Otherwise, beautiful this far.

mystik1

Reaction score
I'm in the process of trying it now, but you should be able to follow the directions on the safestrap page. Hash of Codes: HOW-TO Safestrap Basically, safestrap, download the CM9/Gapps zip files to your sd card, then follow the instructions on that page.

This link does not seem to work.

Edit: Got it now. All set.

Last edited:

Gangrif

Reaction score
Had the same 3g issues with 3/10. Had to revert to stock again...

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

stkma70

Reaction score
Haven't hade any issues what so ever. Flash works for me, data is consistent whether 4g or 3g and bluetooth does too

mystik1

Reaction score
Does the keyboard light work for any of you with this ROM? Any trick to get it working?