[ROM] [SELFKANG ICS AOSP ROM] CM9/ICS for Droid 4 -- [BETA 03/05/2012]

Garlick

Reaction score
Does this require a SD card? Does CWM fully work without a SD card? Fully work as in, can it backup the system to the internal storage and such.

It does work without an SD card, but that's pretty dangerous. The reason being, is you have a much higher chance of wiping your files on your internal SD card, than on your external SD card.

There's only 1 way to wipe the external SD card, and that's to select "wipe SD card".

Your internal memory, if you wipe your /system or your /emmc or any other file system, you could end up corrupting your internal card, and causing issues later on.

To be honest, I haven't seen full confirmation that this will work without the ext-SD file system, but Hash stated that theoretically it should still work. I just wouldn't trust not having a back up on the ext-SD file system.

Cegal

Reaction score
Just flashed it...beautiful! Thanks for the support dev!

Sent from my Droid 4 with ICS using DroidForums

Noodle360

Reaction score
Mmmmmm! cant wait for roms to come flowing in, I however need full camera and Bluetooth usability, soo Ill have to sit this one out :(

Gangrif

Reaction score
Flashed last night, and i've been tinkering ever since.

So far so good! I have the same known camera issues others have reported, but that's fine with me. I'll miss video but I can wait for it to get worked out.

Has anyone tried Internet calling? We have a SIP server at work, and i was looking forward to getting that android functionality back. I was able to setup my SIP account in the native andoid dialler, but it's really flaky, not sure if its my settings, or a bug in CM9. Anyone else had success?

Essentially, it registers, but calls dont work properly. I can dial out, but the call wont establish, I can receive calls, but again, the call wont establish when i answer.
It also doesn't appear to lookup SRV records in DNS when registering. But that's not that big of a deal.

Garlick

Reaction score
Flashed last night, and i've been tinkering ever since.

So far so good! I have the same known camera issues others have reported, but that's fine with me. I'll miss video but I can wait for it to get worked out.

Has anyone tried Internet calling? We have a SIP server at work, and i was looking forward to getting that android functionality back. I was able to setup my SIP account in the native andoid dialler, but it's really flaky, not sure if its my settings, or a bug in CM9. Anyone else had success?

Essentially, it registers, but calls dont work properly. I can dial out, but the call wont establish, I can receive calls, but again, the call wont establish when i answer.
It also doesn't appear to lookup SRV records in DNS when registering. But that's not that big of a deal.

I just did a Skype call and didn't have any issues at all over wifi. I know that's a bit different, but I did it through the dialer and it picked it up right away.

Sorry, I don't have an SIP server to try this on, so that's the best I can offer.

Gangrif

Reaction score
Ok, something to report.

My 3g data stopped working, it took a phone reboot to finally get it back.

Leading up to issue:
I have little to no cell service in my office, i use the phone on wife all day long.

I left the office for lunch.
Received a phone call
After the phone call (while out of the office, and in decent cell coverage), i noticed that my 3g data was not working.
I did not notice whether data was working before the call or not.

What was tried to resolve the issue:
put the phone in airplane mode for 10 seconds, and back out. - no help
set the phone from CDMA to CDMA/LTE and back again. - no help (i keep the phone in CDMA mode because i do not have LTE coverage in my area).
Rebooted phone - 3g was restored after the reboot.

Garlick

Reaction score
Ok, something to report.

My 3g data stopped working, it took a phone reboot to finally get it back.

Leading up to issue:
I have little to no cell service in my office, i use the phone on wife all day long.

I left the office for lunch.
Received a phone call
After the phone call (while out of the office, and in decent cell coverage), i noticed that my 3g data was not working.
I did not notice whether data was working before the call or not.

What was tried to resolve the issue:
put the phone in airplane mode for 10 seconds, and back out. - no help
set the phone from CDMA to CDMA/LTE and back again. - no help (i keep the phone in CDMA mode because i do not have LTE coverage in my area).
Rebooted phone - 3g was restored after the reboot.

I had a similar issue after coming off of WiFi, and you actually need to toggle to GSM only, then back to CDMA/LTE.

That fixed it for me.

I don't know about toggling to CDMA and back to CDMA/LTE, but I've found if I don't got GSM only, leave it alone for 5-10 seconds on the homescreen, it won't pick back up the 4G LTE or 3G data.

Gangrif

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion!

Has anyone else noticed that google music is missing?

Sent from my XT894 using DroidForums

Gangrif

Reaction score
I also don't see google maps?

Gangrif

Reaction score
Ok, I was able to get google music, and maps from the market. I just expected that they would be included in the gapps package. Meh

So far so good, just that annoying cell data loss issue. It doesn't happen every time, but it seems to happen when I get or place a call. My non wifi data doesn't pick back up like it should.

Cegal

Reaction score
So possibly a unique problem; I use easy tether pro to bridge my connection to my PS3. After flashing CM9, the connection to my laptop works fine but the bridge to the ps3 doesn't. I'm stumped honestly.

embj

Reaction score
Love the ROM so far! ICS is a dream...however, I'm running into so major issues with signal coverage that are going to keep me from using it full time. Every time I reboot the phone, it has trouble locking on to a cell signal. Watching the meter, it keeps bouncing around saying I have no coverage to full coverage to even saying that I'm roaming. After searching for 5-10 minutes, it finally connects and gives me 4G.

I tried the mentioned workaround of toggling between GSM and CDMA/LTE. Oftentimes when I try that, it keeps kicking back to GSM when I selected CDMA/LTE.

Another issue I noticed is that when dialing *228, there's no way to press 1 or 2 to select the activation or update your roaming preferences. There's no soft # pad, and if you try and use the keyboard to press 1 or 2, it doesn't do anything.

boddah

Reaction score
Love the ROM so far! ICS is a dream...however, I'm running into so major issues with signal coverage that are going to keep me from using it full time. Every time I reboot the phone, it has trouble locking on to a cell signal. Watching the meter, it keeps bouncing around saying I have no coverage to full coverage to even saying that I'm roaming. After searching for 5-10 minutes, it finally connects and gives me 4G.I tried the mentioned workaround of toggling between GSM and CDMA/LTE. Oftentimes when I try that, it keeps kicking back to GSM when I selected CDMA/LTE.Another issue I noticed is that when dialing *228, there's no way to press 1 or 2 to select the activation or update your roaming preferences. There's no soft # pad, and if you try and use the keyboard to press 1 or 2, it doesn't do anything.
Pressing the hard keyboard numbers 1 and 2 works for me. It wont program, errors out, but it's updating roaming now