Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint

joem1481

Reaction score
when is this new 2.2 update coming OTA because I am not rooted but I am having problems and I need it fixed.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
when is this new 2.2 update coming OTA because I am not rooted but I am having problems and I need it fixed.

This update is not going to be a whole new big deal update!! It's got a security update and it will make it possible for you to download and use Flash 10.1. That's it.

If you are having problems that need fixed then I suggest you discuss them with us in another thread so that we can tell you how to fix them. This would not be the thread for that.

mattg1

Reaction score
It's supposed to start tomorrow but, I'm sure they will be an update.zip posted sometime tomorrow.

Reaction score
I'm wondering, My Droid 1 is rooted with FRO1B (manually installed), and I am using chevyno1 Kernel to OC. Do I need to do anything to receive this OTA?

greeknasty

Reaction score
i just rooted my 2.2...if i get this notification..do i accept..will it break my root?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's supposed to start tomorrow but, I'm sure they will be an update.zip posted sometime tomorrow.

The OP indicated that it was being distributed now, however I do believe that was a mixup.

It depends on how many people get the update tomorrow. If only a few hundred get it, and that's how it usually starts then we may have to be a bit lucky and hope that someone who knows how to put it on the internet will.

Another issue may be about the C&D that blocked the leak yesterday. I don't know if that will keep someone from hosting it.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i just rooted my 2.2...if i get this notification..do i accept..will it break my root?

Only if you install it. Accepting it and installing it are 2 different things. So just accept it but when SPRecovery comes up just reboot. If you install you will lose root.

mattg1

Reaction score

The OP indicated that it was being distributed now, however I do believe that was a mixup.

It depends on how many people get the update tomorrow. If only a few hundred get it, and that's how it usually starts then we may have to be a bit lucky and hope that someone who knows how to put it on the internet will.

Another issue may be about the C&D that blocked the leak yesterday. I don't know if that will keep someone from hosting it.

Very true very true.

Abby Normal

Reaction score
I am about as confused as I can get........ I haven't paid much attention for the last couple of months or so, I just had too much other stuff going on but now I have no clue as to what is happening..

I just got an update OTA, so as of a couple of days ago I am at 2.2 with build number FR01B.

I haven't had time to do anything with my droid but use it so all I have noticed is I now have 4 and what looks like 1/4 of desktops, and where it used to say Droid upon shutting down, it now vibrates. And when it powered up and mounted the SD card it would say Droid and now says or does nothing.

Is Froyo in this update or do I have to get it myself ?

Is there another update coming OTA ??

Is it worth it?

Thanks for helping out a dead brained NOOB.....

mattg1

Reaction score
I am about as confused as I can get........ I haven't paid much attention for the last couple of months or so, I just had too much other stuff going on but now I have no clue as to what is happening..

I just got an update OTA, so as of a couple of days ago I am at 2.2 with build number FR01B.

I haven't had time to do anything with my droid but use it so all I have noticed is I now have 4 and what looks like 1/4 of desktops, and where it used to say Droid upon shutting down, it now vibrates. And when it powered up and mounted the SD card it would say Droid and now says or does nothing.

Is Froyo in this update or do I have to get it myself ?

Is there another update coming OTA ??

Is it worth it?

Thanks for helping out a dead brained NOOB.....

Yes what you received is froyo, yes you now have a new launcher and 5 homescreens, no it does not say droid anymore like it used to no idea why they took out the SD notifications but they did, and under sounds I believe is where you can change the vibrate options. Yes there is another OTA coming it will let you download flash from the market and some security updates probably enterprise related. Is it worth it well thats up to you :)

actngrezy

Developer
Reaction score
my friend just sent this pic to me of the update he just recieved earlier. he hasnt installed yet because we will try and pull it from his phone when he gets home

actngrezy

Developer
Reaction score
my friend just sent this pic to me of the update he just recieved earlier. he hasnt installed yet because we will try and pull it from his phone when he gets home

after looking at this it says 45 mb which i think this is the first froyo update sorry for the confusion. I would have deleted the post but i couldnt edit it.
sorry again

Hunty5652

Reaction score
I got mine august 19th in new york its a huge difference glad i got it.
Heres my youtube video of it.
[video=youtube;kfJNYh8M8zE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfJNYh8M8zE]YouTube - Android 2.2 froyo for droid no root!.mp4[/video]