Rumor: Droid 1, Droid Incredible, and Droid X to receive 2.2 update, starting on 8/6

scf

Reaction score
Got a chuckle out of this yesterday:
Stopped by the VZW store to return my DX case. Just for kicks I asked the nice lady behind the desk when the DX should expect to see the 2.2 update.
"Well, they're pushing it out randomly right now, so you should see it any time."
Uhmm, no. I'm talking about the DX 2.2 update.
"Yes, it's been going OTA and goes to random droids."
Yeah, but that's for the D1, not the DX.
"Uh huh, that's for all of the droids."
*deer in headlights look from me* Oh, ok. Thanks.

*sigh*

Sunnyside

Reaction score
I was in Chicago with several associates that are on the D1 as well. None of them had received the 2.2 update.

I manually updated on Tuesday - no significant problems since then.

mpiper

Reaction score
D1 2.2 OTA Received this morning

No Flash, but USB teather option available (haven't tested)

Henderson, NV

bwat

Reaction score
I have 2 Droid's in the house (bot non-rooted). One got the OTA update last week on Thursday. As of this morning on the 19th, the other one still has not yet been prompted to update. For the 2.1 update both phones got it within hours of each other.
It is just strange.

dtread

Reaction score
update 2.2

Im from Georgia and I got my update this morning. Per the instructions once it runs if you see Triangle with Exclamation, you are to pull battery and restart device (means it failed to install). Mine gave that error but still installed.

faithmusic

Reaction score
To bad the update didn't include a "copy and paste" function when emailing and also a way to make the font larger in the emails.....

is there something in the market place that will offer these functions?

Thanks.
:)

jksellman

Reaction score
Got it yesteday DROID 1b

EXXXXXCELLLLENT!
More than I expected in new features and upgrades...

bobalay

Reaction score
DInc to get 3.0 upgrade!?

I work in the IT dept for a large sports apparel company and Verizon is our phone vendor. Today one of their techs were in house to try and repair a couple of lines we are having trouble with. So I got to talking to him and he happened to have the DroidX so I asked if he knew anything about the DInc upgrade and he said he's not sure but talk around his group of fellow employees is that Verizon may stay true to the Incredible name and skip 2.2 entirely and give DInc owners a truley Incredible update straight to 3.0 on or around Friday October 29, 2010. They should be back out later next week so I'm hoping he'll have more info when he returns, if we get the same tech.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
I work in the IT dept for a large sports apparel company and Verizon is our phone vendor. Today one of their techs were in house to try and repair a couple of lines we are having trouble with. So I got to talking to him and he happened to have the DroidX so I asked if he knew anything about the DInc upgrade and he said he's not sure but talk around his group of fellow employees is that Verizon may stay true to the Incredible name and skip 2.2 entirely and give DInc owners a truley Incredible update straight to 3.0 on or around Friday October 29, 2010. They should be back out later next week so I'm hoping he'll have more info when he returns, if we get the same tech.
And random Verizon techs always know more than the community.

faithmusic

Reaction score
If I already have adobe flash player on my phone(I manually installed it) do I still have to download this new update(adobe flash from the market place) to my phone?