[RUMOR] Droid 3 end of life?

spillner

Reaction score
This is why the D3 will be my last non-nexus phone. Phone manufacturers have zero incentive to upgrade their phone after they have been released because they are constantly coming out with new phones. This fact is especially true with Motorola (4 phone releases in 6 months on one network with the D4 around the corner as well). The D3 still has problems even after the last (and only) firmware update. With GN at least at least your guaranteed proper updates.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
This is why the D3 will be my last non-nexus phone. Phone manufacturers have zero incentive to upgrade their phone after they have been released because they are constantly coming out with new phones. This fact is especially true with Motorola (4 phone releases in 6 months on one network with the D4 around the corner as well). The D3 still has problems even after the last (and only) firmware update. With GN at least at least your guaranteed proper updates.

Yep, best way to go now that VZW has the Nexus. Our next update is going to be 4.0.3 and it's already been available from Google/Android developers site for quite some time now. Every rom out there is already based on 4.0.3.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
The display is nice and big for easy typing! Or you could just solder one on!

ænyoc

Reaction score
someone get me a nexus with a physical keyboard an I'm all in!

I thought I would miss my physical keyboard... but I'm actually faster and more accurate (thanks to auto correct) than I was on my OGD. Still have my OGD around to tinker with and the keyboard just feels awkward now.

Survivor of the Great 2011 Verizon Google Samsung Galaxy Nexus Prime Debacle and proud owner of a Galaxy Nexus and Original Droid 1/Milestone. Sent from my Sexy Lexus Galaxy Nexus.

Fr33dom

Reaction score
I thought I would miss my physical keyboard... but I'm actually faster and more accurate (thanks to auto correct) than I was on my OGD. Still have my OGD around to tinker with and the keyboard just feels awkward now.

Survivor of the Great 2011 Verizon Google Samsung Galaxy Nexus Prime Debacle and proud owner of a Galaxy Nexus and Original Droid 1/Milestone. Sent from my Sexy Lexus Galaxy Nexus.

I'm faster and more accurate than I was on my OGD as well. That keyboard just sucked.

Primevyl

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC Yin
Most consumers away from forums are voracious product gluttons that demand a new whatever quickly. Believe me manufacturers would prefer to keep models a year plus its expenses are lower that way.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

KrazyKrivda

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Trust me, I've tried my hand at virtual QWERTY. They just are not for me.. even auto-correct just looks at me and says "WTF are you trying to say. Look here, I got all of the words in the English language.. and THAT, doesn't look like ANY of them!"