Second Android Update 2.2 Froyo (FRG22 Rolling) Out Now

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

Stormy Knight

Reaction score
It would definitely be nice to know if this fixes 2.2. Getting tired of swiping the screen a couple of times to go to another screen. Battery life took a serious digger with Froyo. I can't browse or play any games very long without the battery draining severely. As slow as 2.1 was, I didn't have to worry about carrying a charger around with me. The biggest disappointment was Verizon stomping on the hotspot feature. I'll reasonably bet this update won't change that. I wonder if the Droid 2 keeps all of it's Froyo-promised features.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So now we need a rooted FRG22 to FRG22D update. I can hear the storm brewing already. :)

Since Jrummy went on holiday…..

The only thing it's suppose to do is give you access to Flash 10.1 and some improved security. That's all.

actngrezy

Developer
Reaction score
My friedn just said he got an ota a few minutes ago. He rooted but I told him we can catch it off the card. I dont knwo what to tell him to do does anyone know what to do? I heard it wasn't suppose to start until tomorrow but hes coming over shortly so we can try and get the update

xmguy

Reaction score
I hope my Kangerade Froyo will not start getting the OTA update.

actngrezy

Developer
Reaction score
I hope my Kangerade Froyo will not start getting the OTA update.

even if it did sprecovery will block the install. On his phone he allowed the frist froyo update and sp blocked the install on that and on the 2.1 update. It blocked the 2.1 update for me as well but i havent recieved the froyo update ota since being on lfy

acles003

Reaction score
I wonder if FRG22D will fix the battery drain, lagging home screen, inability to maintain a wifi connection, and overheating issues many stock, unrooted droid 2.2 users were experiencing, myself included.

Verizon told me to do a factory reset, I did, didnt solve the issues. I got froyo reflashed to my droid at a Verizon store, still, no dice. Called Verizon again, and FedEx will be delivering a "certified like new" Droid on Wednesday. Hopefully I will have better luck this time?

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
How long you think it will take for them to roll it out to everyone?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

mattg1

Reaction score
I think it's kinda funny they are sending a 1.6MB file OTA, why not just let us download it since it's so small :icon_eek: