Sapphire 1.0 and FRG22

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
CVPCS decides for me the build I run. CC ROMS Sapphire build :D

Amen to that. I LOVE the Sapphire roms! My phone has been rock solid since last night with no problems at all since I completed the upgrade. Well, other than that weird map loading issue that seems like some weird bug.

Same here, sleek and smooth! Ah I see if you open/run maps from market place listing the market FC's. Is a Bugzilla ticket open on that one? CVPCS probably want to check it out.

I don't know if anyone put in a report on it yet. I didn't, but, I wasn't the one who discovered it. Someone posted in the other thread and I decided to try it and was able to confirm the bug.

captdroid

Reaction score
Amen to that. I LOVE the Sapphire roms! My phone has been rock solid since last night with no problems at all since I completed the upgrade. Well, other than that weird map loading issue that seems like some weird bug.

Same here, sleek and smooth! Ah I see if you open/run maps from market place listing the market FC's. Is a Bugzilla ticket open on that one? CVPCS probably want to check it out.

I don't know if anyone put in a report on it yet. I didn't, but, I wasn't the one who discovered it. Someone posted in the other thread and I decided to try it and was able to confirm the bug.

Didn't see a report in Bugzilla so I opened a ticket on it.

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

Didn't see a report in Bugzilla so I opened a ticket on it.

Awesome. Thanks!

weezyldroid27

Reaction score
I have a question pertaining to the installation of Sapphire 1.0. Why the factory reset? What exactly does that do? I have never done that but wouldn't that take you back to 2.0.1? Thanks.

philolee

Reaction score
for all of the themes for sapphire has anyone know how to get that font?? i dont really like the stock droid font......

Last edited:

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
for all of the themes for sapphire has anyone know how to get that font?? i dont really like the stock droid font......

+1 ...

Thank you for the wonderful ROM, I just loaded it tonight, amazingly enough, a lot of my free apps synched back onto the phone as well as the two paid ones.

I would like to do the Droid X theme, but really just want the black transparent notifcation bar anbd that text font from that or the nex theme.

I'm amazed at the options available, now to learn how to run those commands in scriptybox (any links?)

Dan A

Reaction score

+1 ...

Thank you for the wonderful ROM, I just loaded it tonight, amazingly enough, a lot of my free apps synched back onto the phone as well as the two paid ones.

I would like to do the Droid X theme, but really just want the black transparent notifcation bar anbd that text font from that or the nex theme.

I'm amazed at the options available, now to learn how to run those commands in scriptybox (any links?)

documentation:scriptybox [CVPCS Sapphire Wiki]

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
Are we to assume 1.0 is going to require a full wipe before install?

you don't have to... but any bugs will only be supported if you have wiped, with adw and launcher pro now being able to save your settings, it makes it much less of a headache to do a full wipe.
wait, I thought it's usually the other way around?? That if you DON'T WIPE then there is MORE of a chance that the new rom you flash will be more buggy. I don't mean to be argumentative but that's what I've read, that it's better to always wipe if you are switching to a different rom make. But you also mentioned the launchers??(I know what they are) I'm confused..sorry lol

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Are we to assume 1.0 is going to require a full wipe before install?

you don't have to... but any bugs will only be supported if you have wiped, with adw and launcher pro now being able to save your settings, it makes it much less of a headache to do a full wipe.
wait, I thought it's usually the other way around?? That if you DON'T WIPE then there is MORE of a chance that the new rom you flash will be more buggy. I don't mean to be argumentative but that's what I've read, that it's better to always wipe if you are switching to a different rom make. But you also mentioned the launchers??(I know what they are) I'm confused..sorry lol

lol what?

I think we're all in agreement - wipe data+cache is the best way to avoid problems. What sniffle is saying is that you could attempt to install sapphire without wiping, but the team would not provide official support to you for any bugs you might encounter.

RE: the launchers, ADW (and apparently LP now as well) have backup/restore capabilities, so that when doing a clean install you can restore your desktop configuration and launcher settings.

captdroid

Reaction score

lol what?

I think we're all in agreement - wipe data+cache is the best way to avoid problems. What sniffle is saying is that you could attempt to install sapphire without wiping, but the team would not provide official support to you for any bugs you might encounter.

RE: the launchers, ADW (and apparently LP now as well) have backup/restore capabilities, so that when doing a clean install you can restore your desktop configuration and launcher settings.

You can restore your desktop configuration -minus the widgets that still need to be redone of course :)

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score

lol what?

You can restore your desktop configuration -minus the widgets that still need to be redone of course :)

Yes minus those oh so pesky widgets. :)

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's an interesting take ... I was on FRG22, bu if the compiled sources wer only different in one file, I decided that I could jump on the possile advantages Sapphire may provide on the whole vs the stock FRG22 ...

If that isn't the case, then I can go back hehehe ...

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's an interesting take ... I was on FRG22, bu if the compiled sources wer only different in one file, I decided that I could jump on the possile advantages Sapphire may provide on the whole vs the stock FRG22 ...

Sapphire 1.0 is more "up to date" with respect to AOSP code than FRG22.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score

Sapphire 1.0 is more "up to date" with respect to AOSP code than FRG22.

can you explain this please, maybe using a car analogy? :biggrin: