SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
ROFLMAO! He just knows how to cause trouble doesn't he?? :D

captdroid

Reaction score

Yea darn it have to have that most up to date junk built in on screen keyboard. Probably switch ROMS over it... lol :icon_evil:

P3Droid

Reaction score
I agree bigger is not better (in regards to build numbers) but you are all assuming (incorrectly) that the builds between FRG01B and FRG22 have not been vetted. You may not all see every build (the ones between the 2 out now) but it would not be pushed to you (from the crew) if it were not better. I would not, nor would my colleagues release a build that was a step back.

So that should sum up my feelings.

***P.S. builds are done by Motorola not us.

Last edited:
OP
cvpcs

cvpcs

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I agree bigger is not better (in regards to build numbers) but you are all assuming (incorrectly) that the builds between FRG01B and FRG22 have not been vetted. You may not all see every build (the ones between the 2 out now) but it would not be pushed to you (from the crew) if it were not better. I would not, nor would my colleagues release a build that was a step back.

This is important to take into consideration. I have been trying to make it clear that my post about FRG01B and FRG22 being similar only apply to source ROMs. I am not trying to say that FRG01B is the same as FRG22 or that it is not worth upgrading from one to the other. That is far from the truth. FRG22 is definitely better than FRG01B AS A WHOLE. All I am saying is that the PARTS of those releases that I use are virtually identical, as the improvements seen between the two I compile from source.

I hope people understand this.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Yea darn it have to have that most up to date junk built in on screen keyboard. Probably switch ROMS over it... lol :icon_evil:

GLWT! :D Although I suppose by now the non-source built roms MIGHT have upgraded to FRG22. :D
Howz it hangin Samuri..... awesome to see you have a Droid Bro.
From VOBBlanker to AnyDVDHD/Slysoft and now to the Droid.... Bro great minds think alike eh??...lol
Still Moderating at Slysoft?

That being said, I'm personally waiting for FRZ555...:icon_eek:

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

GLWT! :D Although I suppose by now the non-source built roms MIGHT have upgraded to FRG22. :D
Howz it hangin Samuri..... awesome to see you have a Droid Bro.
From VOBBlanker to AnyDVDHD/Slysoft and now to the Droid.... Bro great minds think alike eh??...lol
Still Moderating at Slysoft?

That being said, I'm personally waiting for FRZ555...:icon_eek:

I, uh, keep busy, yea. :D

PhriXion

Reaction score
Thanks for the explanation cvpcs, you told me the difference last night on IRC and it made everything seem much simpler. :)

P3Droid

Reaction score

This is important to take into consideration. I have been trying to make it clear that my post about FRG01B and FRG22 being similar only apply to source ROMs. I am not trying to say that FRG01B is the same as FRG22 or that it is not worth upgrading from one to the other. That is far from the truth. FRG22 is definitely better than FRG01B AS A WHOLE. All I am saying is that the PARTS of those releases that I use are virtually identical, as the improvements seen between the two I compile from source.

No and I know that you know what your talking about and make perfectly good sense and your point about only needing certain parts if very true, as all of us who have built from source know. My statement was meant for those who may quote you to make a blanket statement that newer builds are not better or should not be used.

I agree with you, as you well know, on what you have written.

Last edited:

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

No and I know that you know what your talking about and make perfectly good sense and your point about only needing certain parts if very true, as all of us who have built from source know. My statement was meant for those who may quote you to make a blanket statement that newer builds are not better or should not be used.

I agree with you, as you well know, on what you have written.

Without a doubt if you're NOT using sapphire or some other source build rom you SHOULD be using FRG22!! Rooted or not. They didn't put it out there for no reason, but, cvpcs made it very clear that for HIS particular SOURCE BUILT rom it didn't make much difference. In no way should that be taken as "screw the update, it's evil!" LOL!! I hope everyone's on the same page now, as well.

captdroid

Reaction score

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

CVPCS decides for me the build I run. CC ROMS Sapphire build :D

Amen to that. I LOVE the Sapphire roms! My phone has been rock solid since last night with no problems at all since I completed the upgrade. Well, other than that weird map loading issue that seems like some weird bug.

captdroid

Reaction score

CVPCS decides for me the build I run. CC ROMS Sapphire build :D

Amen to that. I LOVE the Sapphire roms! My phone has been rock solid since last night with no problems at all since I completed the upgrade. Well, other than that weird map loading issue that seems like some weird bug.

Same here, sleek and smooth! Ah I see if you open/run maps from market place listing the market FC's. Is a Bugzilla ticket open on that one? CVPCS probably want to check it out.