Rumor: Droid 1, Droid Incredible, and Droid X to receive 2.2 update, starting on 8/6

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Just in from Verizon:

The software update will be delivered to your phone over the air by the 8/18/10.

:icon_eek:
Five more days. 120 hours. 7200 minutes. 432000 seconds.

Or something like that. :) You might be one of the lucky ones to get it tomorrow. You also might get fed up and manually update tomorrow. Either way, FroYo for you!

mtdawg169

Reaction score
My wife's Droid got te update notice this morning. She started the update and it has had the Motorola symbol on the screen for over an hour now. Is this normal?

gold21030

Reaction score
When you get the OTA does the phone vibrate or alert you, or do you need to have the screen lit up as if you were using the phone?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So the consensus I'm getting is that the ota is only being sent out in the morning time?

The consensus is that the updates are entirely at random and nobody really knows when they will send them out. Sorry, just keep checking your Droid.

mattg1

Reaction score
Not sure if it alert's you in anyway by sound it will popup saying upgrade available , but no you don't have to do anything special to receive it.

mtdawg169

Reaction score
Not sure if it alert's you in anyway by sound it will popup saying upgrade available , but no you don't have to do anything special to receive it.

What normally happens after you start the update? One of our Droids got it today, but it appears to be frozen up. The Moto symbol is on the screen and the phone doesn't respond to any input. Been like that for over an hour now, just the black screen with the Moto label.

mattg1

Reaction score

What normally happens after you start the update? One of our Droids got it today, but it appears to be frozen up. The Moto symbol is on the screen and the phone doesn't respond to any input. Been like that for over an hour now, just the black screen with the Moto label.

Well that's not normal lol, pull the battery and see what it does.

gdgtgrl

Reaction score
Yay!! Found the update waiting for me when I got up this morning.
Had no issues the DL or install. I'm non-rooted. Lovin it so far!!

Android Version 2.2
Baseband C_01.43.01P
Kernel 2.6.32.9-g103d848 android-build@apa26#1
Build FRG01B

I'm in Mesa, AZ and became a Droid Fanatic in March!! :)

mtdawg169

Reaction score

Oh boy... pulled the battery, reinsert and turned the phone on. It's stuck on the boot screen with the Motorola logo.

mattg1

Reaction score

Oh boy... pulled the battery, reinsert and turned the phone on. It's stuck on the boot screen with the Motorola logo.

Hmm that sucks,are you familiar with using RSD lite?

mattg1

Reaction score
Now that I think about it pull the battery again and then hold X on the keyboard while pressing the power button, then you should see and exclamation point in a triangle, then press volume up and the camera button at the same time and then do a factory reset see if that fixes it.