Rumor: Droid 1, Droid Incredible, and Droid X to receive 2.2 update, starting on 8/6

mattg1

Reaction score

mtdawg169

Reaction score
Now that I think about it pull the battery again and then hold X on the keyboard while pressing the power button, then you should see and exclamation point in a triangle,

This worked

then press volume up and the camera button at the same time and then do a factory reset see if that fixes it.

This didn't

mattg1

Reaction score
What didn't work? Could you not get into the recovery menu or the factory reset didn't work?

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I got to the exclamation point screen, but nothing after that.

Oh ok you need to press volume up and the camera button at the same time at the exclamation point it can be a little tricky but then you will see a new screen with 3 or 4 different options use the d-pad on the keyboard and highlight erase data/factory reset or something to that effect let it do its thing then reboot and see if it boots up.

mtdawg169

Reaction score
OK, I finally got it to bring up the menu. One of the options is "apply sd card: update.zip"

Does that have anything to do with the 2.2 update?

mattg1

Reaction score
OK, I finally got it to bring up the menu. One of the options is "apply sd card: update.zip"

Does that have anything to do with the 2.2 update?

Well it's used to install files manually but no it should have installed on its own but something went wrong obviously, select the factory reset and see if it boots up first and then we can go from there lol.

mattg1

Reaction score
Well something got f'ed up during your install I've seen a few ppl say they had the same thing happen. Your best bet is take it to your closest verizon store and see what they can do for you.