Rumor: Droid 1, Droid Incredible, and Droid X to receive 2.2 update, starting on 8/6

colorfulRhyme

Reaction score
There is at least one place you can get a signed update to a FroYo build, namely FRG01B. It was the official OTA update, so it's fine and specifically for stock people since it breaks root upon install.

Peter Alfonso

In particular look at the bottom of the page. FRG01B from ESE81 is the one you probably want to try since it was the one pushed out by Verizon.

I may end up trying that after 8/13 passes and after I call. Unfortunately, I am leaving for a mini-vacation tomorrow and my parents are in Sturgis for a motorcycle meet, so I can't afford to be with a glitchy phone. Thank you :)

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
There is at least one place you can get a signed update to a FroYo build, namely FRG01B. It was the official OTA update, so it's fine and specifically for stock people since it breaks root upon install.

Peter Alfonso

In particular look at the bottom of the page. FRG01B from ESE81 is the one you probably want to try since it was the one pushed out by Verizon.

I may end up trying that after 8/13 passes and after I call. Unfortunately, I am leaving for a mini-vacation tomorrow and my parents are in Sturgis for a motorcycle meet, so I can't afford to be with a glitchy phone. Thank you :)
You're quite welcome. Enjoy the vacation. :)

rgartin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by furbearingmammal
As of right now all we know is:
1. Nobody has reported receiving an OTA in days.
2. One person has reported receiving a new version of the OTA and has posted it for people to download. This has been vetted by Peter Alphonso of Bugless Beast fame.
3. Verizon Wireless reps are a bunch of tools.
I woke up this morning to an OTA update notice. I haven't done anything with it yet because I want to save a copy before updating but have to get ready for work so I can't finish my search on that right now. Will report back later today after I've got a copy saved off.

I am currently running the vanilla FRG22 and not sure I want to update but probably will just to check it out.

faithmusic

Reaction score
For what it's worth, this is an email reply from verizonwireless about the 2.2 update:

Dear Verizon Wireless Customer,

Thank you for contacting our Verizon Wireless website. We are happy to assist you with your question.

We are pleased to confirm that Android 2.2 has been made available for your Motorola Droid beginning 8/3/2010. To ensure the update process is successful and free of issues, the upgrade is being made available to batches of 100,000 users per day until all Droid users receive the update. The batches are a cross section of all Droid users and not in alphabetical or numerical order nor region specific. This provides all users nationwide a chance to receive the update during any of the batches. There is no way that we can force the update to your handset or add you to a specific upgrade date. You will automatically receive the opportunity to perform the update on your Droid in the next 2 weeks.

:icon_eek:

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
has anyone at all got this horse**** of an update yet???
Nope. Nobody. Never happening, never will. :)

The updates resumed a couple days ago after being pulled a couple days after they started rolling out due to some issues. The news story on the front page confirms there will be an update for the update as soon as the update that's being used to update the Droid 1 is done updating. (Yes, that was annoying, but I couldn't resist. :D)

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...android-2-2-update-coming-motorola-droid.html

The update for the Droid X has been pushed back to September. I'm totally out of the loop for the Incredible.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
has anyone at all got this horse**** of an update yet???
Nope. Nobody. Never happening, never will. :)

The updates resumed a couple days ago after being pulled a couple days after they started rolling out due to some issues. The news story on the front page confirms there will be an update for the update as soon as the update that's being used to update the Droid 1 is done updating. (Yes, that was annoying, but I couldn't resist. :D)

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...android-2-2-update-coming-motorola-droid.html

The update for the Droid X has been pushed back to September. I'm totally out of the loop for the Incredible.

I have covered the Incredible in another thread. Everything is looking like a go for the OTA's to begin rollout tonight (Friday night) and continue from there. Another strong possibility is that the Incredible will actually have the Flashp integration already completed as well as many other fixes for the Incredible itself, possibly including the battery charging issues to allow longer battery life.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Thanks! Now if anyone asks in another thread I can tell them something other than "Early builds has performance ratings similar to that of a ballerina doing Swan Lake after going to an all-you-can-eat buffet, but it should be soon".

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Thanks! Now if anyone asks in another thread I can tell them something other than "Early builds has performance ratings similar to that of a ballerina doing Swan Lake after going to an all-you-can-eat buffet, but it should be soon".

Very nice wording. :rofl3:

In all honesty, I would about stake my reputation that this will start rolling tonight.

paulhusker

Reaction score

Very nice wording. :rofl3:

In all honesty, I would about stake my reputation that this will start rolling tonight.

jk, what thread did you see this info? Thanks! Incredible owner here looking forward to this..