rubiX Focused 1.9.0 Leak/Non-Leak

sephtin

Reaction score
Btw, What transition(Want your transitions back? Flash this:) is this that you're referring to?

Drod made some fancy transitions that you saw when you switched between screens. I believe when 1.90 was released he forgot to put them in that version. Naturally, we all screamed like little girls so he gave us a patch to add them back if we wanted to.

Feel silly asking, but I've been doing searches for a bit and don't see answers, but...how do I install themes? I think I got the ROM installed correctly, but at a loss with themes? :eek:

These are installed just like ROMs are at least all the ones i have seen.

1. save the zip to your SD card
2. bootstrap
3. reboot into nandroid
4. install the zip from your SD card, where ever you saved it.

Other notes on themes... they REPLACE some files from the ROM... so make sure that the theme you choose is FOR the ROM you want to put it on...
Any of the ROMs designed for Focused, should have install instructions in the first post of their thread...

:)

joshhendry

Reaction score
Contact App

Is there anyway to get the contact app that Rubix Focused has on it? I don't like the fact that I can't access all my groups from Google contacts on the one that I have. I am trying another ROM out but want that option if possible.

OP
D

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Is there anyway to get the contact app that Rubix Focused has on it? I don't like the fact that I can't access all my groups from Google contacts on the one that I have. I am trying another ROM out but want that option if possible.

nope. it's not compatible with other rom's other than gummy jar or fission

OnMy2ndGP

Reaction score
Ok, I sbf'd to stock from running the non leak rubiX 1.9.0 (2.3.15). Took the .34 OTA. Tried apeX 1.3 (i know, I know). Read the thread about running rubiX 1.9.0 on .34. Followed the instructions as to using TBH's .32 and the the "patch" to .34. Then reinstalled leaked rubiX 1.9.0. (Oh how I missed it for that day and a half!).

Ok, yes, I wiped data/cashe at all the instructed times. Now I have one problem: Yahoo Messenger app fc's as soon as I sign in. I've installed & reinstalled it. I've uninstalled it again & restored app/data from Titanium. Installed, rebooted then reinstalled. Even pulled the battery throughout this process. I've cleared app cashe and data and force stopped too.

Yeah, some will say that that app sucks. Ok, you may think so but I don't.

Is there anyone that can provide a solution to help me have the Yahoo Messenger app work again?

Btw, it never fc'd when I was running non-leaked rubiX, stock after .34 OTA nor on apeX. But its never worked for me since the leak. Any ideas? Anyone?

rubiX 1.9.0 (leaked) DX on the v4 Juice via DF app

EDIT: Corrected some info.
EDIT 2: Nvm, their update to v1.3.1 resolved the issue. My DX is at peace once again.

steevka

Reaction score
For anyone still having market problems after the update, this helped me and fixed force closes::

settings > applications > manage applications > market > "clear data" and "force close"

i searched and didn't find anything like this. hope this helps someone! good luck!!

Reaction score
For anyone still having market problems after the update, this helped me and fixed force closes::

settings > applications > manage applications > market > "clear data" and "force close"

i searched and didn't find anything like this. hope this helps someone! good luck!!

Actually I did suggest this in the thread regarding the Market. I also tried it myself and was still getting FC's at the time.

teh_g

Reaction score
drod, I just sent $5 your way. I know it isn't much, but you do great things and it is the least I can do. I will send more once I finish getting married...

Reaction score
drod, I just sent $5 your way. I know it isn't much, but you do great things and it is the least I can do. I will send more once I finish getting married...

You do know that you never truly finish right?

Later on you'll discover that when you say "till death do us part", you are actually setting a goal.

-Z

Hodoku

Reaction score
So, I installed the version from the first post that's labelled "2.3.15 only:
http://bit.ly/eDcEbR". I don't get how that whole patch thing to .340 works - is it necessary/recommend/possible with the version I just installed? Halp! :(

sephtin

Reaction score
So, I installed the version from the first post that's labelled "2.3.15 only:
http://bit.ly/eDcEbR". I don't get how that whole patch thing to .340 works - is it necessary/recommend/possible with the version I just installed? Halp! :(

The 2.3.340 is the OTA (Over The Air) update. You can't install it while a ROM is loaded, it's a patch, so it needs the original files installed to load.

If you've never loaded the TBH Leak (2.3.320, or the OTA (2.3.340), then the 2.3.15 version is the correct one for you right now.

There are lots of threads/posts about installing the OTA for people who have ROMs installed.

Hodoku

Reaction score
ah, makes sense. Now, should I got an install the .340 ota? Is it worth the hassle at this point, or should I just wait for the next iteration of the rom to be based off it?

sephtin

Reaction score
ah, makes sense. Now, should I got an install the .340 ota? Is it worth the hassle at this point, or should I just wait for the next iteration of the rom to be based off it?

Whichever you prefer.

I CAN say, that the next version of Focused will be based on a different framework, and will REQUIRE a data/cache wipe. So, since you have to wipe anyway... if you wait, will save you from having to start over 2x...

Hodoku

Reaction score

Whichever you prefer.

I CAN say, that the next version of Focused will be based on a different framework, and will REQUIRE a data/cache wipe. So, since you have to wipe anyway... if you wait, will save you from having to start over 2x...

Thanks a lot.. I think I'll stay on what ive got, then. Do we know when the next rubix will by out, by any chance? :D

sephtin

Reaction score

Whichever you prefer.

Thanks a lot.. I think I'll stay on what ive got, then. Do we know when the next rubix will by out, by any chance? :D

No ETA yet. I believe drod said something about trying to have it out by the end of the year in another thread? (To lazy to go looking for it... :S sorry :*( heh