rubiX Focused 1.9.0 Leak/Non-Leak

ipawd1

Reaction score
I want a BLUR version of rubix for .340. When will he release?

Reaction score
I'm actually on gummyJar myself right now. I decided to try it just to do something new. I also bought my wife & daugher Droid2's recently and was wanting to root/rom the wife's phone... Tried Rubix on her D2 and it mostly worked, but had a few small bugs.

I read up on how to fix them, but in the meantime gummy released a D2 specific version so I flashed hers and mine.

She's very happy with hers over the old Moto Blur (duhh :)) I'm pretty happy with gummy, but like others have said, I don't see a lot of performance distinction from Focused.

I'm sure I'll hop back on focused when drod releases a new version.

Trong

Reaction score
And you guys didn't like GummyJAR huh?
It had some great features but the speed was not what I expected. The animations were bug-free and very slick and the modified icons to make them all fit with the GB theme were very nice.

Example: Phone was fast and snappy when I was doing general phone stuff but once I started downloading a big files on WiFi/3G, the entire phone bogged down. Things got choppy and slow :(

Don't have any of those problems on RubiX :)

akiles

Reaction score
Do you have a way to monitor your apps?
I was experiencing the same problems with the previous version of rubix. It was not rubix. It was winamp. That (*&*(^& will suck my batt dry within 4-6hrs. I get ~12h of moderate use now with max battery saver profile.

Hi. First time Droid X user, first time poster, and first time user of Rubix here. Loving the ROM, but I feel like my battery life should be longer. I get around 4-8 hours of battery life under moderate to heavy use. Is this normal for a Droid X and furthermore is this normal for this ROM? Thanks!

Note: I did clear battery on clockwork mod after installing the rom and charging to 100%, and i did clear data and cache before installing the rom. I also have tried the charge, turn off, charge, turn on turn off charge, cycle to increase battery life.

Marius1

Reaction score
I noticed that with rubiX, the highlighted tabs in some apps are unreadable. Tapatalk is a good example but the symptoms are shown in other apps as well. Let me know if this doesn't make sense - i can attach a screenshot. Is there an easy fix for this?

(btw, i went from apex->rubix->darkslide->tranQ->gummyjar->back to rubix, which is my favorite out of all of them).

sephtin

Reaction score
this theme will work on ur rom correct?? it says rubix 1.0 so i wanted to make sure before i add

dancedroidBlack Blur rubix 1.0dancedroid

The 1.0 themes will work on Focused 1.0.

The 1.6, 1.8.4/1.8.6/1.8.9/1.9.3/1.9.0 themes will all work on those versions.

The 1.9.5 themes will work on 1.9.5 ONLY.

The 1.9.7 themes will work on 1.9.7 ONLY.

akiles

Reaction score
1.9.7?
When was that released? Wut chu talking about Willis?????

this theme will work on ur rom correct?? it says rubix 1.0 so i wanted to make sure before i add

dancedroidBlack Blur rubix 1.0dancedroid

The 1.0 themes will work on Focused 1.0.

The 1.6, 1.8.4/1.8.6/1.8.9/1.9.3/1.9.0 themes will all work on those versions.

The 1.9.5 themes will work on 1.9.5 ONLY.

The 1.9.7 themes will work on 1.9.7 ONLY.

sephtin

Reaction score
1.9.7?
When was that released? Wut chu talking about Willis?????

Not released. As per drod's tweet, I believe his words were "very soon"..
The rough translation of "very soon" for me has come to mean "When it's done!".

Tyco

Reaction score
CIFS support?

Anyone know of a kernel for RubiX focused 1.9.0 that supports CIFS? Would love to add a network mount on my DX to stream media from my home PC but the stock kernel doesn't seem to support CIFS... Any help is greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!

sephtin

Reaction score
Anyone know of a kernel for RubiX focused 1.9.0 that supports CIFS? Would love to add a network mount on my DX to stream media from my home PC but the stock kernel doesn't seem to support CIFS... Any help is greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!

Ahh, if only the DroidX didn't have a locked bootloader, and allowed you to load custom kernels... :(

On the other hand, if you know of a kernel module for it.. it's ***possible***... but I don't know if it's something that's available via module, or requires a completely new kernel.

Tyco

Reaction score
ah, I wasn't aware the bootloader wouldn't allow custom kernels. Long time WM user, still getting used to the android.

Anyone try loading a CIFS.ko on their DX?

sephtin

Reaction score
ah, I wasn't aware the bootloader wouldn't allow custom kernels. Long time WM user, still getting used to the android.

The DroidG1 was unlocked, I think everything since that's from Moto is locked down. :(
(Probably my last Moto device because of it..)

j35u5fr34k

Reaction score
Just fyi, I was running 2.3.15 with 1.90 installed and I had to sbf to 2.3.2 stock as the reboots were too much to handle. They were especially bad at the lock screen. Did I do something wrong? Prolly going to reroot and try something else as I have tried two revisions of runic with the same results. Thanks!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

akiles

Reaction score
I had the same thoughts until I saw this:
MOTODEV > Products > DROID BIONIC by Motorola, XT865 -sweet.
If LTE is not too expensive I may sacrifice my wallet -the .3mp front facing camera is kind of crappy... I expected more from moto.

The DroidG1 was unlocked, I think everything since that's from Moto is locked down. :(
(Probably my last Moto device because of it..)