rubiX Focused 1.8.9/1.9.3

sephtin

Reaction score
Ok. I only restore certain apps via titanium. I also flashed a restore back to stock froyo rooted with the leak and the wifi issue is still there. I will flash rubix 1.9.0 and see if issue persists.
On the other note. I flashed rubix 1.9.0. Wifi issue is still there. Any suggestions?

No, not intentionally. Hadn't noticed the name till right now. It actually goes as part of a nickname I have.

On the other note. I flashed rubix 1.9.0. Wifi issue is still there. Any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

Suggestion:
Wifi works fine on the ROM, so must be something that has been done after the install...

--Reflash Focused, don't wipe data/cache. Test it again.
--If still having issue, wipe data/cache, test again.

One of the two will fix it. After one of them fixes the issue, make your changes one at a time until the issue pops back up. Let us know what it was.

sephtin

Reaction score
I also noticed the version went back to 2.3.15. In 1.9.0. Should that have happened

The "version" is a line in a text file.
I think the intention was to keep it equiv. to Moto's build info.. as in:
2.3.20 had some 2.2.1 stuff in it, and 2.3.15 was all 2.2

Since the apps and some of the framework of 1.8.x and 1.9.x contain some 2.2.1 components... makes sense that it could/should read 2.3.20... but it's not really either.

johnny9374

Reaction score
ok dl the 2.2 sbf as soon as i hit start i get a fail message this is whats on my shttp://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad/97147-mischellaneous-droid-x-bootloader-problem-help-story.htmlncreen
bootloader
Err:A5,70,70,00,00
MEM_MAP Blank
Service Req'd
Battery ok
Ok to program
connect usb
data cable
oh well im done screwing with it the insurance claim is filed

Quick google search: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/re...us-droid-x-bootloader-problem-help-story.html
thank you i was ready to give up i finally got it back and running

Tcanderson2

Reaction score
ok dl the 2.2 sbf as soon as i hit start i get a fail message this is whats on my shttp://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad/97147-mischellaneous-droid-x-bootloader-problem-help-story.htmlncreen
bootloader
Err:A5,70,70,00,00
MEM_MAP Blank
Service Req'd
Battery ok
Ok to program
connect usb
data cable
oh well im done screwing with it the insurance claim is filed

Quick google search: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/re...us-droid-x-bootloader-problem-help-story.html
thank you i was ready to give up i finally got it back and running

I had faith in you.

compchick813

Reaction score
lol this is off-topic i know but... did you intentially half-copy Drod's name?

Ok. I only restore certain apps via titanium. I also flashed a restore back to stock froyo rooted with the leak and the wifi issue is still there. I will flash rubix 1.9.0 and see if issue persists.

No, not intentionally. Hadn't noticed the name till right now. It actually goes as part of a nickname I have.

On the other note. I flashed rubix 1.9.0. Wifi issue is still there. Any suggestions?

Just curious, what is your router model? We recently bought a Netgear WNDR3700 and I had serious issues with wifi dropping out intermittently. Sometimes it would work for a few hours, then it would start dropping out every few seconds. Really annoying, and it was an issue on stock 2.2 as well. After some searching I found that this is an issue with Netgear in general with Droid X and/or android. Returned the router for a cisco 2 weeks ago and haven't had the issue since.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

qman66

Reaction score
Im running 2.3.15 ota rooted and am considering getting the rubix focused rom 1.9 i believe is the latest version. before i do so i have a couple of questions. if i get the rom i know i have to wipe data but. i have titanium backup with all system data and apps backed up, will it be ok to restore it on the rubix rom and my second question is if i dont like the rubix rom how do i go back to what im currently running. thanks guys!!!!

sephtin

Reaction score
Im running 2.3.15 ota rooted and am considering getting the rubix focused rom 1.9 i believe is the latest version. before i do so i have a couple of questions. if i get the rom i know i have to wipe data but. i have titanium backup with all system data and apps backed up, will it be ok to restore it on the rubix rom and my second question is if i dont like the rubix rom how do i go back to what im currently running. thanks guys!!!!

Last question first... ;) ALWAYS take a nandroid backup before you make any big change to your device. That way you can go back if you don't like it!

1.9 IS the latest version. :)

Yes, you will want to wipe data and cache.
And titanium, you can restore apps, and app data without too much risk of causing problems... but if you restore system/data, you WILL have issues. The framework that focused is based on is significantly different from the MotoBlur, that you are sure to cause issues by doing so.

Great questions! If you do have questions, always good to ask before you dive in.. :)
GL!

qman66

Reaction score

Last question first... ;) ALWAYS take a nandroid backup before you make any big change to your device. That way you can go back if you don't like it!

And titanium, you can restore apps, and app data without too much risk of causing problems... but if you restore system/data, you WILL have issues. The framework that focused is based on is significantly different from the MotoBlur, that you are sure to cause issues by doing so.

Great questions! If you do have questions, always good to ask before you dive in.. :)
GL!

Thanks a lot Sephtin!!
I downloaded rom manager, should I install the rom that way by going to install rom from sd card or should I do another way and if u can give me the link to the latest rubix i would appreciate it. rom manager only has 1.0 this is my first time installing a rom so i dont want to screw this up.

sephtin

Reaction score

GL!

Thanks a lot Sephtin!!
I downloaded rom manager, should I install the rom that way by going to install rom from sd card or should I do another way and if u can give me the link to the latest rubix i would appreciate it. rom manager only has 1.0 this is my first time installing a rom so i dont want to screw this up.

Link should be in the first post of the 1.9.0 thread on these forums (in the drod2169 subforums).

I personally don't use ROM Manager for much anymore. I just do everything via the Droid X Bootstrapper application. You need that app even if you already have ROM Manager anyway... so just as easy to do it directly via that method, as ROM Manager just reboots into the Droid X Bootstapper's recovery anyway. :p

The instructions aren't on the first post of the 1.9.0 thread... But the instructions are exactly the same as they are for 1.8.6, and 1.8.9... Check the 1.8.6 thread first post for instructions... Basically, they are:

--Copy the .zip to your SDCard
--Reboot into recovery using the Droid X Bootstrapper app
(In recovery, use the volume rocker to navigate the menus, the camera button to select, and the back button to go up a menu on the phone)
--In the menu, go to backup and restore, and take a backup. (Backups are saved in /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup), then hit the back button to return to the main menu.
--From the main menu, select install .zip from sdcard
--Then select choose .zip from sdcard
--Select the .zip you're installing
--Select "yes" (you'll know which one)
--Once the install finishes, hit the back button on the phone to take you back to the main menu, and choose mounts and storage, then format cache, then format data.
--Once complete, back again to the main menu, and select reboot.

***should*** boot up into Focused.
If you get a boot loop (common issue):

--Pull the battery.
--Hold the home button down while you put the battery back in.
--Let go of the home button when you see the M logo.
--It should boot into android recovery (little droid with a ! in a triangle). Hit the search button.
--From the menu, select format cache, then format data, then reboot.
Should boot into Focused.

If you run into any troubles, just post, and someone will be happy to help!

qman66

Reaction score

GL!

Thanks a lot Sephtin!!

Link should be in the first post of the 1.9.0 thread on these forums (in the drod2169 subforums).

I personally don't use ROM Manager for much anymore. I just do everything via the Droid X Bootstrapper application. You need that app even if you already have ROM Manager anyway... so just as easy to do it directly via that method, as ROM Manager just reboots into the Droid X Bootstapper's recovery anyway. :p

The instructions aren't on the first post of the 1.9.0 thread... But the instructions are exactly the same as they are for 1.8.6, and 1.8.9... Check the 1.8.6 thread first post for instructions... Basically, they are:

--Copy the .zip to your SDCard
--Reboot into recovery using the Droid X Bootstrapper app
(In recovery, use the volume rocker to navigate the menus, the camera button to select, and the back button to go up a menu on the phone)
--In the menu, go to backup and restore, and take a backup. (Backups are saved in /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup), then hit the back button to return to the main menu.
--From the main menu, select install .zip from sdcard
--Then select choose .zip from sdcard
--Select the .zip you're installing
--Select "yes" (you'll know which one)
--Once the install finishes, hit the back button on the phone to take you back to the main menu, and choose mounts and storage, then format cache, then format data.
--Once complete, back again to the main menu, and select reboot.

***should*** boot up into Focused.
If you get a boot loop (common issue):

--Pull the battery.
--Hold the home button down while you put the battery back in.
--Let go of the home button when you see the M logo.
--It should boot into android recovery (little droid with a ! in a triangle). Hit the search button.
--From the menu, select format cache, then format data, then reboot.
Should boot into Focused.

If you run into any troubles, just post, and someone will be happy to help!

Great help thank you!!! I think this is the last thing I'll ask u I pretty much get it now. I downloaded rubix 1.6 which is a 2.2 build. I saw 1.8.6 and 1.9 said its a 2.2.1 build so I was worried going to that would prevent me from going back to the regular 2.2. Is it ok to update to the newer version of rubix and if i do, do i have to wipe everytime I do an update or do i only have to wipe if its a completely new rom? Last thing I am using Launcher Pro on Rubix and its freezing a lot even inside of apps and it already rebooted once by itself. Does this have anything to do with Launcher or is it just because I am using an older version or rubix? Thank you so much for all your help!!!

Last edited:

sephtin

Reaction score
Great help thank you!!! I think this is the last thing I'll ask u I pretty much get it now. I downloaded rubix 1.6 which is a 2.2 build. I saw 1.8.6 and 1.9 said its a 2.2.1 build so I was worried going to that would prevent me from going back to the regular 2.2. Is it ok to update to the newer version of rubix and if i do, do i have to wipe everytime I do an update or do i only have to wipe if its a completely new rom? Last thing I am using Launcher Pro on Rubix and its freezing a lot even inside of apps and it already rebooted once by itself. Does this have anything to do with Launcher or is it just because I am using an older version or rubix? Thank you so much for all your help!!!

No problem. :) Always glad to help!

Focused is based on 2.2, and 1.8.x/1.9.x builds are based on 2.2.1, but it does not upgrade you to the leak or anything.. you need to do that to yourself if you decide to.
Because the leak exists, Drod2169 created 2 versions of the latest Focused ROMs, one for the leak, and one for non-leak. Just grab the latest non-leak, and you should be fine.

When upgrading from 1.6-1.8, I would recommend wiping again... Also because you said you're having some weird issues (lockups, etc.) From any of the 1.8.x and 1.9.x to the latest version, you probably don't need to wipe data/cache, but at the first sign of trouble, that's the first thing that I suggest.. it can cause issues going from one version to another without wiping sometimes.

Regarding LPP, there are others who use it as well (choice is the best thing about android!)... and it should work just fine. There have been reports of widgets not refreshing properly, and transitions being garbled, but that shouldn't be an issue on the latest version (1.9.0).

If you have any troubles after the upgrade, post again on that thread, and I'm sure there are lots of people that will help you out!

qman66

Reaction score
when i go to about phone it says android version 2.2.1 but ur saying im acutally running only 2.2?

sephtin

Reaction score
when i go to about phone it says android version 2.2.1 but ur saying im acutally running only 2.2?

Focused uses components from 2.2.1.
"About Phone" displays whatever is put in the /system/build.prop file... drod put 2.2.1, because Focused contains 2.2.1 components.

It's not about what about phone says, it's about what version of the bootloader you're on, due to what leak/OTA, etc. updates you've installed. :)

qman66

Reaction score
Does anyone know what speed rubix comes with. I believe it comes overlocked and ultra low voltage. What speed is this overclocked to? What voltage?