rubiX Focused 1.8.9/1.9.3

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Want a progressional review of the rom as it goes on? Read the amazing view by Blair at Gizmo Ninja!
Droid X ROM Review, rubiX ROMs! Updated 11/22/2010 Droid X AOSP/Vanilla ROM! | Gizmo Ninja

Since these two are so closely related, I'll be posting them together.

THE ONLY DIFFERENCE IS ONE IS COMPATIBLE WITH THE LEAK, ONE IS NOT

Change log from 1.8.6:

• Updated tweaks (credit to Collin_PH for some of them)
  • Kernel tweaks (NO this is not a custom kernel upgrade of any sort, simply set the CFS to behave more like a BFS) i'd like to thank inkarnit for working on these behind the scenes with me. He helped me test the kernel tweaks :)
These kernel tweaks will kill your quadrant score. If you score ~900/1000, you know they are working. These quadrant scores are changed in the I/O scheduler, but increase cpu performance and the like. The phone OVERALL will run FASTER and SMOOTHER than before. THESE LOW SCORES ARE NORMAL. Linpack scores, on the contrary, will increase.

• Added transition animations (credit to Myn, and JsinLegacy for pointing them out)
  • Re-optimized, zipaligned all apks and framework-res/moto-res
  • OGG (sounds) optimized
  • Updated moto files with 2.3.320 files (some anyways)
  • Now compatible with OC on boot (seems to not work on the leak) and will not cancel out my tweaks
  • Bootstrap is installed on boot (takes a few minutes), to reboot into recovery, either run the bootstrap app or type bstrap.sh -r in terminal emulator *STILL BETA*
  • Some other things I can't remember right now, will update when my memory is better :)
Full changelog in previous threads, this is only the difference between 1.8.6 and 1.8.9/1.9.3

Download links:
1.8.9 ONLY RUN THIS IF YOU ARE NOT ON THE 2.3.320 LEAK
http://bit.ly/9yE2NJ

MIRROR: http://bit.ly/eGXodc

1.9.3 ONLY RUN THIS IF YOU ARE ON THE 2.3.320 LEAK
http://bit.ly/asTgDO

MIRROR:
http://bit.ly/hsn4te

Last edited:
OP
D

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
All themes from 1.6/1.8.6 will work

OP
D

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Little to no bug fixes in this version. Mostly for battery life and performance tweaks. Bug fixes will be concentrated on in the next version. HDMI still broken, 3g hotspot still doesn't work

jdhas

Reaction score
Drod, you are a machine! Thanks for all of your hard work!

Looking forward to flashing the non-leak. I'm personally pretty freaked out by the notion of a leaked OTA/bootloader (no disrespect to tbh or the modding community).

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

NattyBee

Reaction score
Very cool! Thanks for all your hard work! You've been pumping these roms/updates out very quickly, and they run amazingly!

Inkarnit

Reaction score
Drod, you are going to make Juicemane cry. He only just got Black Juice Blue done for 1.8.6 and then you go and change the framework on him again ;)

v4npro

Reaction score
Installed over 1.8.6 with just cache wipe. System number still says 1.8.6, dunno if that was suppose to change. Good work though, running great.

Inkarnit

Reaction score
Sorta off-topic: what are the benefits of this "leak" that is going around? I've always been under the impression that we should wait to use leaked updates until they are pushed out OTA and then only if they are helpful.

akanealw

Reaction score
Drod, you are going to make Juicemane cry. He only just got Black Juice Blue done for 1.8.6 and then you go and change the framework on him again ;)

re-read post #2 :) the new juicemane blue is working good and looks great!

droidxchat

Reaction score
does this make sysctl persistent after boot (even with jrummy app use) or should I still patch it?