New Release!!! Blue Droid theme for rubiX Focused 1.8.9/1.9.3.

GregTard

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Blue Droid Theme for rubiX Focused 1.8.6, 1.9.3, & 1.9.0 Leak and Non-Leak Builds

Blue Droid for RubiX Focused 1.8.6, 1.9.3, and 1.9.0

Blue Droid is a very detailed dark theme with blue highlights for RubiX Focused 1.8.6, 1.9.3, and 1.9.0.

The following system apps are themed in this version:
  1. Google Search Box
  2. Browser
  3. Gingerbread Keyboard
  4. MotoTorch/Ringer Widgets

1.jpg
2.jpg

If you would like to see Blue Droid ported to another ROM, I gladly accept requests and I will see if I or someone else can do so in a reasonable amount of time. I am currently in need of testers or developers to work with me to expand my testing abilities and content. If you would like to test or help in development, please email me at [email protected].

As always, I am not responsible for anything that happens to your phone and all mods, including this theme and all others, have the possibility of damaging your phone. I will do my best to support my theme and assist with any errors that may be caused by this theme. Please read all instructions and entire thread before installing. Important information can be within the thread in user posts. Please remember that I do this as a hobby after my full time job so please allow adequate time for me to respond to a question or issue.

To install Blue Droid, download the package and follow the below instructions:
You should always backup your system before installing any ROM or theme.
  • Copy BlueDroid.zip to your sdcard
  • Reboot into Bootstrap Recovery
  • Install zip from sdcard
  • Choose zip
  • Browse and select zip
  • Install zip
  • When complete, use back button or power button to back up
  • Reboot phone

There is also a goodies pack that contains lots of icons, wallpapers, LP docks, and alternate fonts as well as various themed market apps. To use the extra content in the goodies pack and market apps, download them into a folder on your sdcard.
  • The goodies pack should be extracted onto you sdcard
  • The icons can be applied using Launcher Pro, Desktop Visualizer, Folder Organizer, or one of the many other choices for icon customization.
  • The docks can be used with Launcher Pro.
  • The fonts are in flashable zips so once extracted, they can be flashed.
  • Of course, the wallpapers are applied the normal way using the gallery selection or other tool.
  • To install the market apps from your sdcard, remove the .zip extension and install like any other app. (You must remove any existing version of the app prior to installing)

For more information about how to use Launcher Pro to modify your dock and icons, check out their user guide here.

Download Links
Blue Droid for RubiX 1.8.6, 1.9.0, & 1.9.3 (Solid notification shade background)
Blue Droid for RubiX 1.8.6, 1.9.0, & 1.9.3 (Transparent notification shade background)

Google Voice
Black/White Swype Keyboard
Goodies Pack

If you like my work and want to help me continue my work... click here.

dlbrown75

Reaction score
Can I use this with rubix 1.8.6

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
GregTard

GregTard

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly

dlbrown75

Reaction score
Has anyone tried this out yet and can tell me if it works ok?

detox

Reaction score
Man you've been puttin in some work. Now...which to choose? ;)

citronbull

Reaction score
Worked for me. Downloading the goodies now! Ok done, how do I use or apply the goodies now?

Shadowfrom86

Reaction score
I LOVE this theme. Nice choice in font too. I do have a question about the battery icon. Mine seems to be off by 10% the theme icon is showing 80% and my system shows 90%. Any ideas on how I can fix this?

Droid74

Reaction score
Very Very nice...Love it. If I can make one suggestion (minor at that) in the pull down when you click make the selection a bigger difference in color...lighter or much darker. Just a suggestion.

OP
GregTard

GregTard

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
I LOVE this theme. Nice choice in font too. I do have a question about the battery icon. Mine seems to be off by 10% the theme icon is showing 80% and my system shows 90%. Any ideas on how I can fix this?

The issue with the battery is that RubiX is setup to measure 10% while the stock is setup for 20%. I had to use a resources file from the stock build to take care of a problem I was having. The stock battery configuration is set to change to the 80% image at 90%. Basically, what it shows to be your battery charge in the status bar is +/- up to 10% of what it is like the default DroidX. With the RubiX configuration, whatever it shows as the charge is up to 9% more.

I am working on a solution to allow me to keep whatever battery configuration a ROM has instead of reverting back to the stock configuration.

Very Very nice...Love it. If I can make one suggestion (minor at that) in the pull down when you click make the selection a bigger difference in color...lighter or much darker. Just a suggestion.

Thanks for the appreciation. I usually have the difference more noticeable. I was rushing to get this one done and probably should have darkened it a little more. It will definitely be darker in the next build.

Did anyone who flashed this theme clear cache?

You do not have to clear cache.

chefb

Reaction score
im stuck in a boot loop arfter flashing the rom what should i do

OP
GregTard

GregTard

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
im stuck in a boot loop arfter flashing the rom what should i do

It is boot looping after installing RubiX?

Usually if you install a ROM that should be compatible and then boot loop, it is usually because the user data is not compatible and clearing your cache/data will work.

If not, restore.