rubiX Focused 1.9.0 Leak/Non-Leak

soccerman316

Reaction score
For those of you having trouble with installing the new market try this: Go to your system apps through root explorer or whatever you use and rename Vending.apk to Vending.bak. Then boot into clockwork recovery through bootstrap, mount system, and install the new market update zip that was posted earlier in this thread. I was having the forceclose problems til I did it like this and so far its working perfectly. Hope this helps!

Reaction score
For those of you having trouble with installing the new market try this: Go to your system apps through root explorer or whatever you use and rename Vending.apk to Vending.bak. Then boot into clockwork recovery through bootstrap, mount system, and install the new market update zip that was posted earlier in this thread. I was having the forceclose problems til I did it like this and so far its working perfectly. Hope this helps!

That worked for me until I installed an app through the new market. Then I started getting force closes and ended up just reinstalling rubix to fix.

Have you tried to install an app w/ the new market?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

soccerman316

Reaction score
Ya good find. I forgot to check that before I posted. It's a start at least. Before I couldn't even open it without it forceclosing but hopefully someone can figure that part out.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

avt123

Reaction score
Anyone else having their screen randomly turn on sometimes? I just had my DX sitting right next to me and the screen randomly turned on and there were no notifications. This has happened to me several times before as well. I am running .340 using the TBH patches, but this happened even while I was still on .320. Not a big deal but just seeing if anyone else was experiencing this.

Reaction score
Ya good find. I forgot to check that before I posted. It's a start at least. Before I couldn't even open it without it forceclosing but hopefully someone can figure that part out.

I don't really have any need to load the new Market (It'll come around soon enough...)

However, My guess is that once you move/rename/copy the new APK, you will want to "clear data" and "clear cache" in the manage apps section for that APK.

Most like the underlying databases from one Market to the next are not compatible.

Strikeir13

Reaction score
Probably gonna Get flamed for this but i think I saw somewhere that the upcoming versions of Rubix will only be based off the leak. Just wondering if its true cause I don't want to sbf to the leak if I don't have to

The future versions are going to be based on the OTA, which is very closely related to the leak. The leak is now "live."

just to clarify, do you mean to say that going forward after 1.9.0, there will NOT be an option for non-leak folks? and the only way to remain on rubix will be to take the OTA updates or install the leaks?

I'm wondering because I am still on the 2.1 sbf and I am obviously hoping I don't have to mess with the updates that seem so troublesome to everyone, regardless of their android experience level...

I would be interested in hearing from drod just to confirm this and eliminate any baseless speculation that is simply rumor floating around. please?

04CiviCon20s

Reaction score
Tranquility remains to be my Boot logo and its Ticking me off..How do I get rid of that when am happily on Rubix..

detox

Reaction score
Tranquility remains to be my Boot logo and its Ticking me off..How do I get rid of that when am happily on Rubix..

You can change boot logo by downloading a boot logo changer app from the market or you can find a boot logo.zip file from a forum(I get mine from chkmate) and install through clockwork. No need to wipe anything when installing from clockwork

Boblank

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone has the new market working successfully. Already waisted about an hour and no results....sooner than later a fc...

04CiviCon20s

Reaction score
Haven't the time to read up on the New Market link provider, All I can say is ..WOW..Thanks and also thanks to the Tip to install it properly(Socc316)

04CiviCon20s

Reaction score

You can change boot logo by downloading a boot logo changer app from the market or you can find a boot logo.zip file from a forum(I get mine from chkmate) and install through clockwork. No need to wipe anything when installing from clockwork

Duh..i forgot that..Thanks again Bro..How Can i forget how Cmate laced me up w/a few hot ones too..Pats blew out "Da bears" so my brain is mush from excitement.. ..:)

Last edited:

detox

Reaction score

Duh..i forgot that..Thanks..:)

No problem;)

Btros

Reaction score
Probably gonna Get flamed for this but i think I saw somewhere that the upcoming versions of Rubix will only be based off the leak. Just wondering if its true cause I don't want to sbf to the leak if I don't have to

The future versions are going to be based on the OTA, which is very closely related to the leak. The leak is now "live."

just to clarify, do you mean to say that going forward after 1.9.0, there will NOT be an option for non-leak folks? and the only way to remain on rubix will be to take the OTA updates or install the leaks?

I'm wondering because I am still on the 2.1 sbf and I am obviously hoping I don't have to mess with the updates that seem so troublesome to everyone, regardless of their android experience level...

I would be interested in hearing from drod just to confirm this and eliminate any baseless speculation that is simply rumor floating around. please?

Well, I think it's pretty safe to assume that ALL the ROMers, not just drod, are always going to be basing their future ROMs on the most recent updates. They're not going to keep making ROMs for outdated systems. The update is now official, not just a leak. If you are happy with where you are, just keep it, once you are comfortable with the next update and the ROMs that are based off it, go for it. :icon_ banana:

crashdau

Reaction score
So, I've read dozens of pages and feel like the whole version thing is confusing me. Figured I'd ask to triple check before I flash again, as I don't have access to SBF if anything goes wrong right now...

I went from 1.6 -> 1.89

I currently have 1.89 (labeled as 1.86) and my system version says 2.3.20

So, do I just stick with the first non-leak 1.90? And flash this update in recovery like normal...?

Thanks.

Yep, stick with the non-leak.

You only want the leak if you installed the TBH 2.3.320 leak, OR, you install JRummy's ROM, the version that updated you to the leaked bootloader, OR, you have updated to 2.3.340 from Verizon OTA.
Anything else, you want the NON-leak version.

sephtin...I SBF'd back to 2.3.15, then downloaded the .340 OTA update (I believe it was from MDW) then loaded Rubix 1.9.0 for the leak. I checked my bootloader and it says 30.04, but my System Version says 2.3.15.MB810 and my Kernal version is 2.6.32.9-g55626e1.

Is that correct? Am I still on the .340 OTA? Shouldn't it say something to that affect?

sephtin

Reaction score
So, I've read dozens of pages and feel like the whole version thing is confusing me. Figured I'd ask to triple check before I flash again, as I don't have access to SBF if anything goes wrong right now...

I went from 1.6 -> 1.89

I currently have 1.89 (labeled as 1.86) and my system version says 2.3.20

So, do I just stick with the first non-leak 1.90? And flash this update in recovery like normal...?

Thanks.

Yep, stick with the non-leak.

You only want the leak if you installed the TBH 2.3.320 leak, OR, you install JRummy's ROM, the version that updated you to the leaked bootloader, OR, you have updated to 2.3.340 from Verizon OTA.
Anything else, you want the NON-leak version.

sephtin...I SBF'd back to 2.3.15, then downloaded the .340 OTA update (I believe it was from MDW) then loaded Rubix 1.9.0 for the leak. I checked my bootloader and it says 30.04, but my System Version says 2.3.15.MB810 and my Kernal version is 2.6.32.9-g55626e1.

Is that correct? Am I still on the .340 OTA? Shouldn't it say something to that affect?

You are fine. The only thing that I know of in the "About Phone" screen that it actually uses the version info from the phone.... is the kernel version. The rest are from a text file that drod put into Focused (Go look at /system/build.prop).
The build.prop that is in Focused 1.9.0 (BOTH VERSIONS) is the same. He used the one from the non-leak version in the leak version... so it says 2.3.15.
I updated it in my patch for 2.3.340, thread here:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/drod2169-x/104626-patch-focused-1-9-0-update-2-3-340-a.html

Your kernel is absolutely the correct version for the 2.3.340 update. All good. You're fine. :)