rubiX Focused 1.9.0 Leak/Non-Leak

JRobzilla

Reaction score
Is it possible to "link" contacts? I liked having my contacts linked up with their facebook counterparts, but on focused it doesn't seem like I can link the two together.

Edit the contact and hit the menu button. "Join" is what I believe you're looking for.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OnMy2ndGP

Reaction score
Just about all is well. I'm not getting the extreame battery gains that some of you are posting. However, after more than 24 hrs of use, I am seeing some gains though.

I have seen that our DX's will be getting an update [Version number is 2.3.340 and Android version is 2.2.1.](not Gingerbread though, yet, if ever). My questions is what happens when you guys/gals go to About Phone and selcet System Updates? My screen goes black. Not locked just a black screen. My CPU's show no activity either during the black screen. How, can we get this update? Will this ROM be updated or what?

Droid X to receive update… no not Gingerbread

jdhas

Reaction score
Just about all is well. I'm not getting the extreame battery gains that some of you are posting. However, after more than 24 hrs of use, I am seeing some gains though.

I have seen that our DX's will be getting an update [Version number is 2.3.340 and Android version is 2.2.1.](not Gingerbread though, yet, if ever). My questions is what happens when you guys/gals go to About Phone and selcet System Updates? My screen goes black. Not locked just a black screen. My CPU's show no activity either during the black screen. How, can we get this update? Will this ROM be updated or what?

I'm pretty sure you're going to have to SBF back to stock to be able to see, download and install the .340 update.

OnMy2ndGP

Reaction score

I'm pretty sure you're going to have to SBF back to stock to be able to see, download and install the .340 update.

I'm sure too. But like I said in this other post ----> I want to avoid it.....until it's hacked up into a custom ROM. I trust you strangers (developers) more that these mulit-million $ companies.

EDIT: As I'm sure it'll re-Blur my DX.....:icon_evil:

Inkarnit

Reaction score

I'm sure too. But like I said in this other post ----> I want to avoid it.....until it's hacked up into a custom ROM. I trust you strangers (developers) more that these mulit-million $ companies.

If you stay on 1.9.0 you'll never even know there's a patch available.

jdhas

Reaction score

Ignorance really can be bliss.

Though, it'd be nice if Drod's ROMs could integrate into ROM Manager for even a rudimentary update check.

hub_cap

Reaction score

Though, it'd be nice if Drod's ROMs could integrate into ROM Manager for even a rudimentary update check.

If we backed up our stock 2.2 with BootStrap prior to loading the non-leak version of 1.9 Rubix....instead of sbf'ing, can we just go back to the stock 2.2 via the 'restore' from Bootstrap, and then load the new .340.?

Reaction score

If we backed up our stock 2.2 with BootStrap prior to loading the non-leak version of 1.9 Rubix....instead of sbf'ing, can we just go back to the stock 2.2 via the 'restore' from Bootstrap, and then load the new .340.?

Yes, The only thing that would prevent you from going back is if you installed the leak because it upgraded the bootloader. If you have a good back from up stock 2.2 before you went custom you should be able to install that and wait for OTA.
You could also SBF with stock 2.2. That would do the same thing but you'd have to setup everything again.

hub_cap

Reaction score

Yes, The only thing that would prevent you from going back is if you installed the leak because it upgraded the bootloader. If you have a good back from up stock 2.2 before you went custom you should be able to install that and wait for OTA.
You could also SBF with stock 2.2. That would do the same thing but you'd have to setup everything again.

Thanks -- now I understand the importance of "backup" before you do anything....luckily -- after I rooted, I followed the instructions of some really smart people before I stepped into the wonderful world of Rubix.

.paul

Reaction score
Conserning the Vibrate capability....

Finally got it figured out with the help of a buddy....Here are the steps that I took:
- Open up your messaging app
- Goto Settings
- Scroll down to 'Notification Settings' and select
- Goto Vibrate -- select either 'Always' or 'Only when Silent' (mine was set to Never by default)

HTH

I tried all that. I ended up reloading a nandroid backup I have of my phone in it's original state. Wiped cache/data and reloaded Focused. I'm happy to report all is well. :shrug:

saulback

Reaction score
Upgrading to leak

I am currently on Rubix 1.8.9 (NON-leak). I just got a hold of the sbf for the leak, so now I have the courage go to 2.2.320. What is my upgrade path? Do I have to sbf to upgrade?

Reaction score
I am currently on Rubix 1.8.9 (NON-leak). I just got a hold of the sbf for the leak, so now I have the courage go to 2.2.320. What is my upgrade path? Do I have to sbf to upgrade?

I would hold off...with .340 coming out it's just a matter of time before someone (TBH) gives you an upgrade path to that instead.
There is no benefit to upgrading to .320 at all at this point.
I'm kicking myself because I did my upgrade yesterday....

the update process to .320 was just an update.zip, not sbf. It's good to have the sbf in case the update goes bad, that's your fix.

hub_cap

Reaction score

Why not consider going with non leaked 1.9 or go with the .340 that's coming out tomorrow reportedly.

TheDon90

Reaction score
A little unclear but the none leak one can simply be flashed on to a rooted ota froyo phone

Reaction score
A little unclear but the none leak one can simply be flashed on to a rooted ota froyo phone

correct. Just flash, wipe data/cache and you are good to go.
you'll need bootstrapper installed to get into recovery first though.