rubiX Focused 1.9.0 Leak/Non-Leak

teh_g

Reaction score
Any one else sill getting random reboots?? Even with the lock screen turned off i'm getting about 5 reboots a day..... I'm not overclocked either. Thanks

Sent from my Focused X using DroidForums App

I don't get that many reboots. Maybe you have a bad flash.

sephtin

Reaction score
Any one else sill getting random reboots?? Even with the lock screen turned off i'm getting about 5 reboots a day..... I'm not overclocked either. Thanks

What is your LCD Density set at?
Overclocking?
What theme?
Did you restore from backup?
What other mods/changes done since installing?

MOST reboots on focused are likely LCD Density change or overclocking.
As a comparison, I have had 2 (two TOTAL) reboots since installing Focused 1.6, through all of the upgrades since then.

More info on reboots here:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/drod2169-x/95636-quick-random-reboots.html

Inkarnit

Reaction score

Overclocking?
What theme?

As a comparison, I have had 2 (two TOTAL) reboots since installing Focused 1.6, through all of the upgrades since then.

Undervolting is also a culprit many times... are you undervolted at all?

sephtin

Reaction score

Overclocking?
What theme?

Undervolting is also a culprit many times... are you undervolted at all?

Ooh, more good info (I hadn't read this thread before... so was thrilled to find someone else who had solved their rebooting issue)...
Are you running weatherbug for your weather info?
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/drod2169-x/103504-my-rubix-experience.html

This might help others as well. HTH!

teh_g

Reaction score
So WeatherBug causes random reboots? That is odd...

DJORDAN

Reaction score
Zero reboots here as well with good scores also.
aefe4cd7-7aff-5226.jpg

DroidX: RubiX Focused 1.9.0, Blk Juice Grn v4, Overclocked at LV1250 on boot - Sweet

devortex

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
So WeatherBug causes random reboots? That is odd...

I use weatherbug, and have not had the random reboot problem. Maybe it has to do with some configuration of weatherbug. I do not use the "track me" feature that requires and extra download. If that makes any difference.

ab2388

Reaction score
I am thinking about sbfing back to stock 2.3.15 and waiting for the .340 update to roll out. Who in here is doing that?

EDIT: Also, I back everything up using MyBackUp Pro. I was wondering after I wipe everything, what is the best way for me to restore? If I try to download MyBackUp Pro from the Market, it starts downloading all the other apps that I had installed before I wiped. Is canceling all the other downloads except MyBackUp Pro and restoring everything else the way to go?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I am thinking about sbfing back to stock 2.3.15 and waiting for the .340 update to roll out. Who in here is doing that?

EDIT: Also, I back everything up using MyBackUp Pro. I was wondering after I wipe everything, what is the best way for me to restore? If I try to download MyBackUp Pro from the Market, it starts downloading all the other apps that I had installed before I wiped. Is canceling all the other downloads except MyBackUp Pro and restoring everything else the way to go?

As long as you didn't install the leak .320 then you should be able to do that.

I use AppBrain for app restore for the install and I use titanium for the app data of SOME of my apps (angry birds).

jdhas

Reaction score

1) Not me. When the OTA comes out, I'll wait to hear that it can be rooted, then will probably wait for a .340 based rubiX Focused, then I'll sbf and update.

2) To prevent Google from reinstalling all of your apps after a wipe, go to Settings>Privacy and uncheck "Automatic Restore" (you will have to first check "Back up my data" in order to be able to uncheck this). However, after doing this, you will have to manually reinstall all of your apps.

ab2388

Reaction score

As long as you didn't install the leak .320 then you should be able to do that.

I use AppBrain for app restore for the install and I use titanium for the app data of SOME of my apps (angry birds).

Nope not on the leak, so good there.

Why do you like AppBrain vs. Market for app restore? And why do you not restore data for all the apps? Do you uncheck Automatic Restore for the market, download AppBrain, and then do restore from there? Is it automatic?

jmcquesten

Reaction score
Droid X stuck on Rubix screen

Trying to install Rubix 1.9, and the phone has been stuck on the Rubix screen for over an hour. Did i miss an obvious step? Is my phone dead? If not, how do i get it working again? Tried removing the battery, but when i powered it back on, went back to the Rubix screen. Please help.

ab2388

Reaction score

1) Not me. When the OTA comes out, I'll wait to hear that it can be rooted, then will probably wait for a .340 based rubiX Focused, then I'll sbf and update.

2) To prevent Google from reinstalling all of your apps after a wipe, go to Settings>Privacy and uncheck "Automatic Restore" (you will have to first check "Back up my data" in order to be able to uncheck this). However, after doing this, you will have to manually reinstall all of your apps.

Thanks for the advice! Is there anything wrong with restoring all the apps using MyBackUp Pro vs letting the Market do the automatic restore?

Also, is MyBackUp Pro a good way to restore all the user data?

Thanks!

Droid74

Reaction score

you will likely be waiting a long time. No need to rush