[ROM] [ROM] Liberty Gingerbread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonrakerone

Reaction score
And..my battery is better with the ota on cm7.. and I'm sure will only get better..:) I am very pleased with RevNumbers...we have come a long way with cm7...and he and his team, are apreciated in a major way, and their efforts are not and will not be forgotten...Just when I think all is well, it gets better...Thanks for getting my phone so damn dependable and fast!!!!! And a pleasure to customize!!! :)

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

What is your battery life? I'm getting a loss of 10% battery ever 2.5 hours or so on my current Liberty 2.0.1 set-up. I remember my last expedition into CM7 (three weeks ago or so) sucked because my battery would last like 5 hours tops. Then my nandroid backup refused to restore liberty after i .sbfed >> I want to love cm7, but i need my phone to not be dead all the time.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
What is your battery life? I'm getting a loss of 10% battery ever 2.5 hours or so on my current Liberty 2.0.1 set-up. I remember my last expedition into CM7 (three weeks ago or so) sucked because my battery would last like 5 hours tops. Then my nandroid backup refused to restore liberty after i .sbfed >> I want to love cm7, but i need my phone to not be dead all the time.

I hear you man! Cm7 a few weeks ago , my battery was the same...but now I gaurantee has changed significantly! Give it a shot!! Ota kernel...(gingerbread) the revnumbers unofficial!

My D2 is miles ahead of me running Cm7GB(OTAkernel)

GrandWazoo

Reaction score
Why are cm7 users always so pushy about getting everyone onboard their rom? I have tried cm7 multiple times over the past few months and it has always been buggy with crap battery life, even though users constantly tell me how much better its gotten. I prefer liberty for its better battery, stability, the ability to choose level of blur, and enough customization for my needs.

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
Why are cm7 users always so pushy about getting everyone onboard their rom? I have tried cm7 multiple times over the past few months and it has always been buggy with crap battery life, even though users constantly tell me how much better its gotten. I prefer liberty for its better battery, stability, the ability to choose level of blur, and enough customization for my needs.

Don't be so negative. I don't see people pushing me to get back on CM7 from MIUI. People talk about it a lot because a lot of exciting development and changes are constantly being made to improve it and make it one of a kind top notch ROM. I admire the dedication and contribution put into it. Nobody is shoving it down your throat. They are simply reporting the fact that battery life has improved drastically, the stability of the ROM is finally improving due to GB OTA kernel. So what if there's a bug or two on there. What ROM DOESN'T have some kind of bug or issue? All of them, that I've been on, has had one or more issues. This is just information for you and others to be kept up to date, if you don't check in regularly with development of CM7, MIUI, Apex and other ROMs. That way you'll know that things are finally improving and you'll be more satisfied if you should flash another ROM.

Again, quit being so negative.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
+1000. HEY! YOU BETTER GET BACK ON CM7 OR I'LL PERSONALLY COME OVER THERE AND FLASH IT FOR YOU! haha j/k

Personal preference and a variety of roms are the beauty of android. One may like liberty, One may like miui or even CM7. What I do suggest is that you give them all a try to find the one that works for you. Hating on something before even trying it is called "contempt prior to investigation".

Battery life is much better with cm running on the ota by the way. I'm so happy for this :)

From my screaming CM7GB-601

Last edited:

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score

Um...Where are people pushing you? If you hear good things about a ROM then a suggestion is what we would do if someone asked..What are some good ROMs for d2? I would be without a frickin brain to say, well, cm7 is ok for a ROM but ....Hell man, if you've already been on it and didn't like it, so be it..lol Just go back to what you like!:) no worries..but I would like to know who's being pushy?

My D2 is miles ahead of me running Cm7GB(OTAkernel)

itsmontoya

Reaction score
I went from Liberty v.8 to CM7 and I wasn't that impressed. I think I might be going back to Liberty. Any idea when v.9 and v1 are being released?

itsmontoya

Reaction score
0.9 has been out for months.

CM7GB-601

I remember someone saying that they were having issues with v.9 which they weren't experiencing with .8 so I figured something was wrong with the update. I guess I should have just stated v1

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
From what jrummy has said, liberty is pretty much ready. That means that 1.0 probably won't believe much different than 0.9. I was on 0.9 for a while with no issues before jumping on cm7.

CM7GB-601

6boltcolt

Reaction score
i just updated to then newest version of liberty toolbox, had an older version of liberty on my d2 already, and after selecting to install .09 with a data/cache wipe and delvik cache wipe, its stuck on bootlogo and using the shift/alt/delete buttoin combo during boot wont pull up rom managers menu, it just makes the screen go blank briefly then the boot logo pops back up.

any tips? im going to go look into unbricking/factory resetting it.:icon_evil:

AsrMatt

Reaction score
i just updated to then newest version of liberty toolbox, had an older version of liberty on my d2 already, and after selecting to install .09 with a data/cache wipe and delvik cache wipe, its stuck on bootlogo and using the shift/alt/delete buttoin combo during boot wont pull up rom managers menu, it just makes the screen go blank briefly then the boot logo pops back up.

any tips? im going to go look into unbricking/factory resetting it.:icon_evil:

What version are you coming from? Also, to get to recovery you will need to press and hold the power button and x. You may to do a data wipe to get it past the boot logo.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

6boltcolt

Reaction score
ehhh what version? f, i think it was liberty 7, not positive.

holding power and x gets me to the screen with the android and the triangle exclamation logo, but there is no menu just that logo.

edit: okay i got a blue menu to pop up, i think i hit the search or @ button, i have the options to apply update.zip, wipe data/factory reset or wip[e cache partition. whats next?

im simultanesouly on rootzwiki getting prepped to use rsd incase this fails.

Last edited:

AsrMatt

Reaction score
I would do a wipe data and then reboot. See if it will boot this time. You will have to give it a few minutes to boot. Longer than a usual boot.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

Status
Not open for further replies.